Ignore the conspiracy theories, they are not even funny  :up:

Fair dues :up:

Advertisement

#3652 Riverside

Riverside

• 483 posts

Posted Today, 15:16

I understand your point.

In  what was just the 3rd race of the season, Nico pulled a stupid stunt on the final corner at shanghai Qualifying because he thought that would be quicker and that was just at the beginning of the season. When was the last time the Cerebral one did something that stupid, yet that doesn't make him an idiot. The prize is higher and the pressure gets in occasionally

Let's see what happens to Rosberg's driving should he suffer a series of technical dnfs.

How does a discussion about pressure on Lewis become Nico/stupid stunt/Cerebral one /  stupid not an idiot  .....   

#3653 Riverside

Riverside

• 483 posts

Posted Today, 15:26

Not really, I am accepting Lewis has been bottling it

I just do not think Nico is the exclusive influence, I think the Championship is. As I said, it is rarely anything Nico really does, the occasion seems to get to Lewis more than anything. 

I am not saying it's exclusively Nico =   but if you are less than perfect you lose pole - there is merit in the presence of  Rosberg and not your statement in bold.

Edited by Riverside, Today, 15:28.

#3654 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 2,874 posts

Posted Today, 15:36

I am not saying it's exclusively Nico =   but if you are less than perfect you lose pole - there is merit in the presence of  Rosberg and not your statement in bold.

I accounted for that. Nico does have some bearing. In the very essence, the Championship would not be close if a driver of lesser caliber were Lewis's teammate (think drivers outside Alonso, Button and maybe D.R), so Lewis would not be feeling the strain as badly as he would be coasting, so I agree with your point to an extent.

But Nico rarely had applied direct pressure on Lewis on track in Q3, so his presence is not really the variable, it is the occasion, if you catch my drift. Lewis was faster in S1 in Canada, then out of nowhere made a mistake, in Austria he was a stonker of a lap whch Nico was not matching and he bottled it on the last corner.

If Alonso and Button were close to Lewis in the Championship, he would probably be making these errors. It is not something an influence Nico has on him in my opinion.

Edited by sennafan24, Today, 15:36.

#3655 P123

P123

• 8,007 posts

Posted Today, 15:38

No, he wasn't, Rosberg was faster. Rosberg was on pole.

Yeah that's true, but not sure if you missed the context- people are criticising Hamilton for folding under pressure  in qualifying; Hamilton was faster of the two on their first run, before abandoning his second run for reasons other than pressure from his teammate.

#3656 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 1,539 posts

Posted Today, 15:53

I accounted for that. Nico does have some bearing. In the very essence, the Championship would not be close if a driver of lesser caliber were Lewis's teammate (think drivers outside Alonso, Button and maybe D.R), so Lewis would not be feeling the strain as badly as he would be coasting, so I agree with your point to an extent.

But Nico rarely had applied direct pressure on Lewis on track in Q3, so his presence is not really the variable, it is the occasion, if you catch my drift. Lewis was faster in S1 in Canada, then out of nowhere made a mistake, in Austria he was a stonker of a lap whch Nico was not matching and he bottled it on the last corner.

If Alonso and Button were close to Lewis in the Championship, he would probably be making these errors. It is not something an influence Nico has on him in my opinion.

Mistakes, errors... Lewis does not make a lot of them, in my book.. The spin in Austria Q3 was a mistake... abandoning the lap in Silverstone was an error of judgement. Driving a lap (like in Canada) and missing pole by 0,054 seconds is not a mistake. That is just two drivers on the knive-edge and one took the straight line (Rosberg), which in my mind gave him pole.

Really, in this time where every sector and every turn of the wheel is either filmed or photographed, the judgement of drivers is very, very stern. As long as Lewis does not chuck it in the wall or loses half a second in a sector, I would not talk about mistakes.

Having said that, I am beginning to become a bit sceptical about this idea that Lewis has 'time in his hand' over Nico. Very well informed people (Anderson, Coulthard, Windsor) keep saying that, but if it was really true Hamilton would dominate. And he does not, in my book. Furthermore, if one believes that Hamilton hase 'time in hand', he can never win, can he? Even if he outqualifies Rosberg by 0,1 second, people will say: 'He underperformed.'

Poor sod!

#3657 chrcol

chrcol

• 865 posts

Posted Today, 15:57

As Igorr points out, one top team who recently had a whole bunch of really weird reliability issues is Mercedes. Michael Schumacher's 2012 season really should be putting all this nonsense into perspective. But, again, if people must seek conspiracies, please come up with something more substantial (and less offensive) than vague stuff about how the Teutonic people all stick together or whatever. And if it must happen, please do it somewhere else than here, which is supposed to be about the driving of Hamilton and Rosberg this season, thanks.

ok to clarify are you saying no free speech here and I am not allowed to state I think something weird is going on?

schumacher had bad reliability, the problem is for your argument is of course merc then dropped him, meaning by pure concidence the driver they wanted to drop was getting failures, although his incidents some were weird but not as weird as this year.

Edited by chrcol, Today, 15:59.

#3658 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,457 posts

Posted Today, 16:20

ok to clarify are you saying no free speech here and I am not allowed to state I think something weird is going on?

schumacher had bad reliability, the problem is for your argument is of course merc then dropped him, meaning by pure concidence the driver they wanted to drop was getting failures, although his incidents some were weird but not as weird as this year.

You understand the concept of free speech? With this argument you could say something racist because you are allowed to speak about everything you want. Concept of free speech implies certain social rules, and at this board, it was made clear, conspiracy theories with no evidence at all, are not allowed. Because you could drag a thread in every direction with 'fiction', and destroy any good parts of this thread which are left. Hamilton vs. Rosberg is still a competition in the real world, were a lacking certain facts, but that doesn't allow us to create facts to feel better 

Edited by 1Devil1, Today, 16:33.

#3659 Jejking

Jejking

• 2,307 posts

Posted Today, 16:41

Yesterday Lauda took Rosberg and Hamilton out to dinner. Rosberg wanted to not get injured at cycling (he was right, the team completely piled up and it fractured Totonator's hand or something) and Hamilton came too. Wondering how that one went, seems the atmosphere is good enough to at least have a good evening and a good talk.

Advertisement

#3660 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,457 posts

Posted Today, 16:44

Yesterday Lauda took Rosberg and Hamilton out to dinner. Rosberg wanted to not get injured at cycling (he was right, the team completely piled up and it fractured Totonator's hand or something) and Hamilton came too. Wondering how that one went, seems the atmosphere is good enough to at least have a good evening and a good talk.

Lauda sabotaged Lewis, he gave him poisoned food - that the proper german can win the damn thing  :D

#3661 as65p

as65p

• 17,111 posts

Posted Today, 16:53

Or none of the two has the balls to refute an invitation for the rat.  ;)

#3662 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 1,777 posts

Posted Today, 17:01

It all started here:

"Someone in the team did a huge study on my pace in Malaysia. And since I arrived in Bahrain, Nico had a big document of all the places I was quick and used that to his advantage."

And people say nico is at the same level as Lewis... :lol: 

He's only there because the team's Monday compilation of how it should be done. Without that and Lewis's DNFs/misfortunes he'd be a lost puppy...

#3663 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,457 posts

Posted Today, 17:08

It all started here:

"Someone in the team did a huge study on my pace in Malaysia. And since I arrived in Bahrain, Nico had a big document of all the places I was quick and used that to his advantage."

He's only there because the team's Monday compilation of how it should be done. Without that and Lewis's DNFs/misfortunes he'd be a lost puppy...

You mean when Lewis is talking about team internal matters, we should be suspicious - Mercedes said the WHOLE year they exchanging data. There is nothing wrong, because it goes both ways. If Lewis is not happy with it he should talk to his boss and not to the media. Rosberg would be a lost puppy? On what basis, because he needs the data from Lewis, when did this happen? it's raised as fact here, but without any evidence, before the season it was said Rosberg is better in preparing the car, but now he needs all the data to be fast as Lewis. Sometimes you get the feeling because he is fast as Lewis there must be an explanation for it, even if you try to change arguments in the complete other direction.

I want to add there is no proof for both theories, but it's hilarious, that Lewis became the master of setup and Rosberg his puppy that only comes close because he has access to the data. Try it another time

Edited by 1Devil1, Today, 17:09.

#3664 as65p

as65p

• 17,111 posts

Posted Today, 17:15

It all started here:

The funny thing is, by believing that you de-value Hamiltons ability. If any puppy can replicate it just by studying the data, it can't be worth that much. True talent is something that can not be repeated by lesser talents just by looking at a few numbers.

#3665 Farhannn15

Farhannn15

• 607 posts

Posted Today, 17:31

You mean when Lewis is talking about team internal matters, we should be suspicious - Mercedes said the WHOLE year they exchanging data. There is nothing wrong, because it goes both ways. If Lewis is not happy with it he should talk to his boss and not to the media. Rosberg would be a lost puppy? On what basis, because he needs the data from Lewis, when did this happen? it's raised as fact here, but without any evidence, before the season it was said Rosberg is better in preparing the car, but now he needs all the data to be fast as Lewis. Sometimes you get the feeling because he is fast as Lewis there must be an explanation for it, even if you try to change arguments in the complete other direction.

I want to add there is no proof for both theories, but it's hilarious, that Lewis became the master of setup and Rosberg his puppy that only comes close because he has access to the data. Try it another time

1Devil1 You've been in this forum long enough to know that in the minds of some fans, Hamilton is absolutely perfect and never struggles with set-up and never needs to look at his teammates data  :drunk:

#3666 Riverside

Riverside

• 483 posts

Posted Today, 17:43

It all started here:

Data myth in full swing.   

#3667 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 1,539 posts

Posted Today, 17:44

You understand the concept of free speech? With this argument you could say something racist because you are allowed to speak about everything you want. Concept of free speech implies certain social rules, and at this board, it was made clear, conspiracy theories with no evidence at all, are not allowed. Because you could drag a thread in every direction with 'fiction', and destroy any good parts of this thread which are left. Hamilton vs. Rosberg is still a competition in the real world, were a lacking certain facts, but that doesn't allow us to create facts to feel better 

I would like to add: the freedom of speech is what I would call a 'preventive' or 'protected' right. The freedom of speech does not mean you can say anything you like, but it does mean that the state can't stop you prevent you from opening your mouth or write down what you are thinking about. The moment you HAVE put something down on paper, on internet, on a waxplate or chiseled in stone you're perfectly liable for criminal or civil persecution. Or banning on a Forum...

#3668 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 1,951 posts

Posted Today, 19:17

No, in fact you are not free to say whatever you want in this thread. You are asked to respect the rules of the board which include not hijacking threads. This thread, though it sometimes seems like it, is not for people to share their general thoughts and feelings about Lewis Hamilton, it is specifically to discuss the respective driving performances of him and Nico Rosberg. People grabbing the mic to say over and over how Mercedes are somehow stitching Lewis up, is derailing. Everyone stops discussing the driving to tell someone at length - in this case you - how that's unsupported at best and offensive nationalistic nonsense at worst.

Still, if it's something you really need to get out your system, write a decent, balanced opening post supporting why you think all this and start a separate thread. Leave this one to its original purpose.

If you want to discuss this further, do it by PM, please.

#3669 f1fastestlap

f1fastestlap

• 1,777 posts

Posted Today, 19:44

This has nothing to do with normal weekend works.

This was a "big document" with data from the first time Lewis completed a GP with the new car and with that big gap...+17.3 secs... :cool: 

Oh and Nico didn't denied this, rather tried to play it like it was business as usual...lol

Try again, please...

#3670 f1RacingForever

f1RacingForever

• 665 posts

Posted Today, 20:00

Numerous isn't one is it?. You gave one example.

How about austria? Bahrain too? Lewis was quicker in all 3 practice sessions.