* * * * - 4 votes

Sebastian Vettel vs Daniel Ricciardo 2014 part II

• Please log in to reply
3332 replies to this topic

#1 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 467 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 14:07

It took longer than I expected for us to reach the end of part 1.

Here is a link to the previous thread http://forums.autosp...do-2014/page-80

I'll leave it to the Mods to close the previous thread

The current trend of this battle is one which most fans didn't see coming. Seb is 23 points down on his teammate through a combination of factors but the highlight of his season has been his inability to match Daniel's pace. 

How long before Sebastian's struggle becomes something more than a dip in form?. It's not a disaster if he loses to Daniel this season, the manner of the defeat will be more embarrassing if it continues at this rate. 

Drivers might struggle to adapt to a car or in this case a change in regulation that has affected driving style, but if Vettel has the level of talent that a lot of folks are adamant he possesses, then it's from now more than ever that he needs to show it. 4x world champion loosing in a disastrous manner to his teammate without putting up a good fight will surely have people reviewing how much they rate him.

Who will come out on top?. Sebastian Vettel or Daniel Ricciardo. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Part 2 of this battle. 

Edited by AlmightyGod, 27 June 2014 - 11:55.

Advertisement

#2 RonnyRonny

RonnyRonny

• 366 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 14:12

Needs 2014 in title, otherwise this could turn into chaos.

#3 1Devil1

1Devil1

• 2,738 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 14:19

You just open a thread? Is this the way to go, I thought this up to the mods, never seen it before that member decided to make a second/third.. part

SophieB

Really, there's no need, we usually have got this but thanks for the kind thought  :) I will edit in the links to the old threads in your OP, though.

Edited by 1Devil1, 26 June 2014 - 14:24.

#4 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,985 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 14:19

How about this one gets deleted and you let the mods do their thing
The other is still going

#5 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,160 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:11

Yes, it's honestly not that helpful in practice to start new threads like this even if the thought is nice. Please leave it to us, it just gets confusing otherwise.

Anyway, carry on!

#6 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,985 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:31

Sequels are always disappointing though

#7 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 5,567 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:43

Especially when they start before the original hasn't even finished...

#8 ch103

ch103

• 714 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:45

Back to the topic at hand.

Silverstone is the next GP and I predict another "win" for Dan in this battle.  For whatever reason, Seb is just snakebitten at the British GP.

#9 ollebompa

ollebompa

• 624 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:51

I like The Godfather part 2 over the first.

#10 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,985 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:26

Well as long as some of those characters that made no sense to the plot are not brought back

Webber
Raikonnen
Hamilton
Hill
Alonso
Button
Blah
Blah

#11 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 467 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:55

Yes, it's honestly not that helpful in practice to start new threads like this even if the thought is nice. Please leave it to us, it just gets confusing otherwise.

Anyway, carry on!

Point taken. 

#12 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 467 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:56

Xmen?

#13 Thomas99

Thomas99

• 1,956 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:29

Using the tried and tested method of looking at the points I would declare Daniel is currently the better driver

http://www.formula1....ts/driver/2014/

Edited by Thomas99, 27 June 2014 - 12:50.

#14 Brother Fox

Brother Fox

• 4,985 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:52

Xmen?

Transformers :)

#15 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,635 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:40

bloody hell

#16 RonnyRonny

RonnyRonny

• 366 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:48

Was that Maldonado in the red car?

#17 danstheman

danstheman

• 164 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:53

Cost him the 2010 title as well!!

#18 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 19,136 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:04

bloody hell

Not so good of Maldo.

Maldo should of taken out Verne as well (although he did seem to try to) - then it would have more special.

#19 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 19,136 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:17

There won't be any issues next year though - Seb will regain a big advantage of Daniel, thanks to the new F1 rules.

Part of which are:

From next season, safety-car periods will be followed by a standing re-start from the grid. The move is one of a number of 2015 changes announced by Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, following a meeting of its World Motor Sport Council in Munich, Germany on Thursday.

Other revisions to the F1 regulations include tighter restrictions on testing, with a ban on pre-season testing outside Europe, and changes to make noses both safer and more attractive.

http://www.formula1.com/default.html

So clearly the FIA have acted against Daniel, and who  nose  knows how he's going to be affected by what appears to be certain plastic - Rhinoplastic surgery ... 

Unless of course there is a beauty committee, who might make the call of what is attractive, and for that matter, safe. I guess as far as the safety aspect goes, it appears that Seb's attempts to get into Daniel's face must be now confirmed as having been dangerous. 

And Alain Prost thought he had things tough back in the old days...

Damn the FIA ... 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 27 June 2014 - 14:27.

Advertisement

#20 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 9,885 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 14:50

Even disregarding the reliability issues, there were few weekends this year in which we saw a Vettel which resembles what a 4WDC is supposed to look like. From the top of my head, the only weekends in which he left looking strong were Sepang and Barcelona.

The score is heavily favouring Ricciardo now. Which makes me wonder how hard was Webber trying and what sort of magical aero/mechanical balance previous Red Bulls had to make Vettel win so easily and be the dominant Red Bull driver.

Edited by Atreiu, 27 June 2014 - 17:12.

#21 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,602 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 15:12

Even disregarding the reliability issues, there were few weekends this year in which we saw a Vettel which resembles what a 4WDC is supposed to look like. From the top of my head, the only weekends in which he left looking strong were Sepang and Barcelona.

The score is heavily favouring Ricciardo now. Which makes me wonder how hard was Webber trying and what sort of magical aero.mechanical balance previous Red Bulls had to make Vettel win so easily.

That is not fair to Webber.  Even if you only felt Vettel looked strong in 2 races, he left the other 3 in a DNF so you'd be counting 3/8 races in your build up against Webber - and one of those was Canada in which Vettel did look strong in terms of pace.  Remember he was ahead in qually and race and stuck behind Nico H; the pass by his teammate happened through the pit stops, but despite all that, Seb still finished on podium.  So you'd really only have 2/8 races in your build up against Webber.  I think Webber would run to the media in protest.  :p

Edited by bourbon, 27 June 2014 - 15:14.

#22 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,635 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 15:50

2009-2013 and 14 are worlds apart. I promise you no driver would have driven those years better than Vettel.

Maybe Vettel is a supercharged Button? People always said 'Button is unbeatable when he has a car to his liking', let's be honest that's not true and it was more like 'he can challenge.' But with Seb, maybe he is unbeatable in such circumstances.

#23 RonnyRonny

RonnyRonny

• 366 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 15:55

Kind of a back handed compliment being compared to JB.

#24 tghik

tghik

• 408 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 16:24

2009-2013 and 14 are worlds apart. I promise you no driver would have driven those years better than Vettel.

Maybe Vettel is a supercharged Button? People always said 'Button is unbeatable when he has a car to his liking', let's be honest that's not true and it was more like 'he can challenge.' But with Seb, maybe he is unbeatable in such circumstances.

My prediction is we won't see those "unbeatable circumstances" anymore with Vettel. Winning WDC the way of previous years with RBR and Vettel is gone and from now on we will see the real Seb :) For me the more interesting question is what we are going to see from Daniel, how good he really is ?

Edited by tghik, 27 June 2014 - 16:29.

#25 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,602 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 16:50

We are used to it.  There is a lot of bitterness as a result of Sebastian's success.  

So looking forward to Silverstone - I foresee Sebastian finally having a great weekend.  This because I am generally a positive person, but also because at some point you figure the bad luck has to run out... :p

#26 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 3,416 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 17:53

Considering Button is highly underrated in some quarters, it is not really backhanded

#27 garagetinkerer

garagetinkerer

• 2,591 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 19:42

I actually like it that he's admitting that there's room for improvement... hard to bring yourself to say that, and that from a 4 times WDC is refreshing.

It is funny how 'luck' can 'result' in 29 points gap in another thread, but similar luck (even with more dnf's and faulty components) is not allowed by some here in this one... It is curious how some have written off Vettel on basis of mere 8 GP's, which were mired with unreliability of components, somewhat reminiscent of 2004's McLaren... and then never mind the fact that he's the winningest driver (4th highest GP winner behind Schumacher, Prost, Senna and in that order) on the field as of now. I guess it is safe to assume that it says a lot more about that lot, than whatever they think they do/ are about Vettel.

Edited by garagetinkerer, 27 June 2014 - 20:26.

#28 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,635 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 19:43

Button was good. The only time he was blown away by Hamilton was when he had disgusting setup issues. Every driver has their "time" as such. Some people say 2007-2010 was Hamilton's "formula" etc. Seb was brilliant during his time. He will always be remembered for that, regardless.

#29 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 3,416 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 21:23

It is funny how 'luck' can 'result' in 29 points gap in another thread, but similar luck (even with more dnf's and faulty components) is not allowed by some here in this one... It is curious how some have written off Vettel on basis of mere 8 GP's, 

Context my man

Lewis has beaten Nico on track in a straight fight a lot more times than Seb has beaten D.R on track in a straight fight this year

#30 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,602 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 22:51

Context my man

Lewis has beaten Nico on track in a straight fight a lot more times than Seb has beaten D.R on track in a straight fight this year

Contextual parity my man.   Seb and Dan have had a lot fewer straight forward races.

#31 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 3,416 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 22:59

Contextual parity my man.   Seb and Dan have had a lot fewer straight forward races.

Through my observation.

D.R - 3 - Including China, Bahrain and Canada (I know there is a debate about Canada's team orders, but I do not support that argument)

Seb - 1 - Sepang (Thomas99 who I have a lot of time for argues this, but I still think it was a straight fight that Seb was well on his way to winning, I will give him the benefit of the the doubt)

Lewis - 4 (Spain, Sepang, China and Bahrain)

Nico - 2 (Monaco, Austria). I have ignored Canada as it was open ended when Lewis brakes failed, and I believe that came down to fortune as Wolff said. Monaco I have given to Nico to be kind, it is highly disputed.

As you can see, whilst there has been more straight fights between Lewis vs Nico, the percentage greatly favors Lewis in straight fights over his teammate, than the percentage of times that Seb has beaten his teammate clean. Some of this is subjective and debatable I admit. But whilst I think that both Lewis and Seb have not done themselves justice of late, I think Lewis is performing a lot better in relation to his teammate than Seb is with his teammate.

Both drivers have been unlucky this year, I concur there as well.

Edited by sennafan24, 27 June 2014 - 23:04.

#32 Exb

Exb

• 1,272 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 23:13

Its impossible to compare this year to last - apart from the fact this thread is 2014, the last 4+ years were a totally different formula, the cars had different characteristics and Seb had mastered that fantastically well - what ever happens from here on forward, in my opinion can't take away from what he already achieved (no matter who his team-mate was).

Car troubles aside Seb just hasn't looked comfortable this year, I'm going to flip the question of when he has looked impressive to when he has seemed poor, and I would say that would only be China and Austria really, the other races, even though he may have finished behind Daniel, it wasn't by so much as to be understandable with getting to grips with a new car and maybe missing the set-up slightly or possibly a small problem creeping in (Bahrain/Monaco qualifying) or luck just not playing out (eg Canada where really it could have gone either way). However there is no doubting that overall he has been disappointing this year, compared to Daniel - I know I expected him to easily have the upper hand.

I have certainly had to rethink how good Daniel is, he has been super impressive and consistent and made almost no mistakes even under pressure (those that payed attention to  his Toro Rosso career don't seem too surprised).  I still think at some point Seb will get on top of his troubles and work out what he needs to do to get the most out of these cars, writing him off after only 8 races - many of which he has been crippled with reliability issues - seems premature to say the least. The question is will it be enough to be quicker than Daniel? Its certainly a fascinating battle between them :up:  Bring on Silverstone, it should suit the Red Bulls a bit more and I am predicting Daniel to come out in front again, if I remember correctly he has seemed impressive at Silverstone,  whereas I don't think its a track Seb does well on normally.  

#33 icecream

icecream

• 406 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 23:45

^^ yep agree with all.  and for all we know, webber might have been showing up vettel just as dan is this year.  my guess is also that if ric was against vettel 2013 formula, seb would be leading the battle.

the fact that seb hasn't been comfortable this year does say something about his ability however.  can just as easily say webber wasn't comfortable for large part of the last 4 years.  all that said though, if the car does come to vettel (or vice versa), i pretty sure it will be line ball between the current pair.

also, rbr (and probably ric moreso than vettel) are going to have to work on their starts for 2015.  the red bull has never had a particularly strong launch, and this will be much more critical next year, as will reliability.

#34 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,602 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 23:46

Its impossible to compare this year to last - apart from the fact this thread is 2014, the last 4+ years were a totally different formula, the cars had different characteristics and Seb had mastered that fantastically well - what ever happens from here on forward, in my opinion can't take away from what he already achieved (no matter who his team-mate was).

Car troubles aside Seb just hasn't looked comfortable this year, I'm going to flip the question of when he has looked impressive to when he has seemed poor, and I would say that would only be China and Austria really, the other races, even though he may have finished behind Daniel, it wasn't by so much as to be understandable with getting to grips with a new car and maybe missing the set-up slightly or possibly a small problem creeping in (Bahrain/Monaco qualifying) or luck just not playing out (eg Canada where really it could have gone either way). However there is no doubting that overall he has been disappointing this year, compared to Daniel - I know I expected him to easily have the upper hand.

I have certainly had to rethink how good Daniel is, he has been super impressive and consistent and made almost no mistakes even under pressure (those that payed attention to  his Toro Rosso career don't seem too surprised).  I still think at some point Seb will get on top of his troubles and work out what he needs to do to get the most out of these cars, writing him off after only 8 races - many of which he has been crippled with reliability issues - seems premature to say the least. The question is will it be enough to be quicker than Daniel? Its certainly a fascinating battle between them :up:  Bring on Silverstone, it should suit the Red Bulls a bit more and I am predicting Daniel to come out in front again, if I remember correctly he has seemed impressive at Silverstone,  whereas I don't think its a track Seb does well on normally.  

I agree, Seb has not looked comfortable - but I don't think you can say 'car troubles aside' - that is precisely when he has not looked comfortable, lol.   He looked comfortable enough in Barcelona, Monaco and Canada.  Both drivers looked rather dissatisfied in Austria - so I wouldn't take the car out of the equation.

Through my observation.

D.R - 3 - Including China, Bahrain and Canada (I know there is a debate about Canada's team orders, but I do not support that argument)

Seb - 1 - Sepang (Thomas99 who I have a lot of time for argues this, but I still think it was a straight fight that Seb was well on his way to winning, I will give him the benefit of the the doubt)

Nico - 2 (Monaco, Austria). I have ignored Canada as it was open ended when Lewis brakes failed, and I believe that came down to fortune as Wolff said. Monaco I have given to Nico to be kind, it is highly disputed.

As you can see, whilst there has been more straight fights between Lewis vs Nico, the percentage greatly favors Lewis in straight fights over his teammate, than the percentage of times that Seb has beaten his teammate clean. Some of this is subjective and debatable I admit. But whilst I think that both Lewis and Seb have not done themselves justice of late, I think Lewis is performing a lot better in relation to his teammate than Seb is with his teammate.

Too big a difference, imo.  6 straight fights to 3 - and that is being generous.

Edited by bourbon, 27 June 2014 - 23:47.

#35 Exb

Exb

• 1,272 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 23:54

I agree, Seb has not looked comfortable - but I don't think you can say 'car troubles aside' - that is precisely when he has not looked comfortable, lol.   He looked comfortable enough in Barcelona, Monaco and Canada.  Both drivers looked rather dissatisfied in Austria - so I wouldn't take the car out of the equation.

See I disagree, I don't think he looked comfortable even in those, I still think Dan mainly had the edge pace wise but Seb put in good performances in spite of not being 100% happy - just my opinion though and I can see why you think otherwise.

#36 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 19,136 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 23:54

A problem with doing so is that we all presume that its related to a lack of rear grip, and a car which has un-predictable power compared to the previous formula. 

And with Daniel we have a driver who seems to have a lot of brain time. For instance, his team have spoken about his enormous calmness in the car during a race. For instance, Adrian Newey, who has witnessed many top F1 drivers. 

I recall with Alain Prost, in one year, Ayrton Senna blitzed him. Prost acknowledged later, that with the turbo engine of that single year, Senna was able to work the throttle while Alain did or could not. A technique that Prost could not master. However even including that year, statistics show that Prost on race day was faster than Senna, but slower in qualifying. And that Prost's focus was on race day, where Senna's was on qualifying. Prost was the more successful racer, so the stats confirm, and also, IMO. 

A single slow year - or one third of a season - doesn't mean that Seb is slower than Daniel. It just means that Daniel is faster with the car in its current state. 

This has been an issue with wet race capabilities over the years. Some particular drivers have been great on wet tracks, but on dry ones, not the fastest drivers out there. 

IMO Seb benefited from having a team focussed totally on him. Even though it still may be focused on him, the car doesn't suit his talents at the moment. 

Edited by Melbourne Park, 28 June 2014 - 00:01.

#37 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,018 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 00:00

bloody hell

Lost the title by 2 points as well, oh what could have been.

Would have joined kubica as the only rookie 3.5 champ.

Edited by lbennie, 28 June 2014 - 00:30.

#38 lbennie

lbennie

• 2,018 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 00:02

See I disagree, I don't think he looked comfortable even in those, I still think Dan mainly had the edge pace wise but Seb put in good performances in spite of not being 100% happy - just my opinion though and I can see why you think otherwise.

Is not comfortable just a gentle way of saying slow?

#39 Thomas99

Thomas99

• 1,956 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 00:05

Through my observation.

I don't disagree with Malaysia, I more meant in the vein vettel fans have been trying to discount every race he loses you could discount Malaysia if you wanted too as well.

Advertisement

#40 Thomas99

Thomas99

• 1,956 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 00:06

It's slow in fan boy language.

#41 Exb

Exb

• 1,272 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 00:10

hmmmm.... no not necessarily, I guess we will find out over time.

#42 Exb

Exb

• 1,272 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 00:29

hey - none of that describes me, I am no fan of Seb and not a boy so :p

Seriously, it actually kind of a good question, there is no doubt if not comfortable they will be able to push 100% for every lap, but as a result they will probably be slow (if that makes sense, like I said time will tell if he is just slower than Dan or not  ;)). Look I'm a McLaren fan (so have had to put up for years with JB miles off the pace if he is not comfortable with his set-up, yet almost as quick as Lewis when he was) - I could not care less whether Dan or Seb is the best but having a feisty team-mate battle makes it all a bit more interesting whilst McLaren are F***ing it up again. (Hope this kind of explains where I'm coming from).  I'm just really pleased Daniel is proving himself to be a great driver, and capable of getting involved in championship battles in the future - the older guard won't be around for ever and we need superstars for the future.

#43 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,602 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:46

hey - none of that describes me, I am no fan of Seb and not a boy so :p

Seriously, it actually kind of a good question, there is no doubt if not comfortable they will be able to push 100% for every lap, but as a result they will probably be slow (if that makes sense, like I said time will tell if he is just slower than Dan or not  ;)). Look I'm a McLaren fan (so have had to put up for years with JB miles off the pace if he is not comfortable with his set-up, yet almost as quick as Lewis when he was) - I could not care less whether Dan or Seb is the best but having a feisty team-mate battle makes it all a bit more interesting whilst McLaren are F***ing it up again. (Hope this kind of explains where I'm coming from).  I'm just really pleased Daniel is proving himself to be a great driver, and capable of getting involved in championship battles in the future - the older guard won't be around for ever and we need superstars for the future.

I see what you mean now and I agree with you.  I thought you meant from Oz to present he looked the same.  But yeah, he seems far from 100% comfortable in the sense of gelling with the car. 

No it's not.  Sometimes Vettel looked both slow and uncomfortable (Bahrain race).   Other times fast and uncomfortable (FP doing 360s in Austria). 

Edited by bourbon, 28 June 2014 - 02:13.

#44 Thomas99

Thomas99

• 1,956 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:33

No it's not.  Sometimes Vettel looked both slow and uncomfortable (Bahrain race).   Other times fast and uncomfortable (FP doing 360s in Austria). 

He qualified 13th in Austria while his team mate qualified 5th. Sorry but thats not an example of fast.

#45 bourbon

bourbon

• 6,602 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:41

He qualified 13th in Austria while his team mate qualified 5th. Sorry but thats not an example of fast.

Yes, that was slow and uncomfortable.  I was referring to Free Practice though.

#46 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 3,416 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:14

I recall with Alain Prost, in one year, Ayrton Senna blitzed him. Prost acknowledged later, that with the turbo engine of that single year, Senna was able to work the throttle while Alain did or could not. A technique that Prost could not master. However even including that year, statistics show that Prost on race day was faster than Senna, but slower in qualifying. And that Prost's focus was on race day, where Senna's was on qualifying. Prost was the more successful racer, so the stats confirm, and also, IMO. 

Ah?

Senna was 16-6 ahead in 2 car finishes during their time as teammates. Prost's key advantage over Ayrton was that he did not get caught up with other drivers.

Edited by sennafan24, 28 June 2014 - 12:30.

#47 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,635 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:18

Took me a while to realise Seb had actually won a British GP. Way back in 2009. If he has a bogey track, this is it.

#48 DavidHeath461

DavidHeath461

• 326 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:59

Took me a while to realise Seb had actually won a British GP. Way back in 2009. If he has a bogey track, this is it.

His bogey track is hungaroring.

However, webber was always quite close to him at Silverstone. It may not be regarded as a strong Vettel track but ironically his strongest circuits this year have been those with high speed corners. See how good he was in Malaysia and Barcelona.

#49 joshb

joshb

• 3,281 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 18:17

His bogey track is hungaroring.

However, webber was always quite close to him at Silverstone. It may not be regarded as a strong Vettel track but ironically his strongest circuits this year have been those with high speed corners. See how good he was in Malaysia and Barcelona.

I think so too. With the car in this state with these circumstances, relative to D.R. Seb could actually have more of a chance in the fast stuff. Hockenheim might help but that's only because it's his local track. Hungary could be OK as it isn't point and squirt there, then there's Spa, where he's won twice but I never felt he went that well round there.

Either way. Circuits where I'm hoping he can start to plug away at the points and head to head gaps

#50 goingthedistance

goingthedistance

• 2,249 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:30

I think Seb is pretty decent around Silverstone, it's just that Webber tended to lifted there so they were closer. 

Dan was very, very quick there last year though, so he may present even more of a challenge to Seb than usual. Will be interesting, I'm looking forward to it. Fingers crossed for no mechanical dramas for either driver. Long range forecasts suggest the potential for rain on both Saturday and Sunday, so that could mix things up too.