* - - - - 1 votes

Loosing the F1 ambassadors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,333 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 20:32

How many dropped to be an F1 ambassador?

Since i saw first F1 i have been an f1 ambassador, i initiated tal about it with friends, in short i was an word of mouth ambassador. 

A bit in the middle of last decade i started to wane with F1 increasingly show over the sports part. The final nail was engine ECU controls and DRS , and the Tilke circuits that are nothing more than meta circuits instead of new creations didn't helped either.

Now i am not anymore. 

Almost all things have been going downhill since then.

I see F1 for the years past like if it is part of me but not anymore i am an ambassador. Like a an old family member that is increasingly unreliable but that you still fill the duty to cater to.

Advertisement

#2 midgrid

midgrid
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,151 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 20:35

Hooray!  Finally a thread where I can complain about the current state of F1!

#3 ollebompa

ollebompa

• 791 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 20:53

I have had to defend F1 a lot recently. But thats more about silly things rather then the stuff that actually bothers me. It does lead to me being less inclined to promote F1.

Edited by ollebompa, 29 June 2014 - 20:53.

#4 PaulTodd

PaulTodd

• 194 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 21:00

Well I understand your point of view I feel this could be something different. Obviously if you have passion for your sport then you do talk it up to friends and people you work with. Now with the way F1 is going will people still feel compassionate to tell people about F1.

At my works everyone knows I'm a huge F1 fan and last year I got told all year "It's boring with Vettel winning all the time". And now it's a long list of things about just how backwards F1 has gone.

#5 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 21:11

I've been a fan since I was 5.  I've always been an ambassador and continue to be.  I've garnered the interest of a few, but to be honest, I am a bigger ambassador for Supercross and have turned way more friends on to that than F1.  Probably because we can frequently attend the races - and also because more people seem to be into bikes than cars in my little part of the world.

#6 Kristian

Kristian

• 4,365 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 22:23

Oddly enough a) I'm enjoying F1 more this year than I have for a while and b) my 'neutral' friends are quite impressed with the sport from what they see, in terms of technology and the championship battle. 

Its not what we were used to 10 years ago, but then again everyone back then was complaining about Ferrari domination... 

So indeed I'm still an F1 ambassador. 

#7 pUs

pUs

• 2,965 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:00

I feel a bit the same, unfortunately. Started losing interest slightly a few years back and now it's gone downhill. I'm not complaining either, it just feels a bit sad. Can't really put the finger on why. Perhaps I've just lost interest for no particular reason.

But I do know that the engine freeze during the 1st year of the new power trains is what put me off completely for this season. I enjoy watching teams making comebacks, developing, upsetting the order.  To know before the season even starts that it simply can't happen, is just sad. Takes away so much passion knowing that some things can't change during the course of a whole season. :(

Edited by pUs, 30 June 2014 - 07:02.

#8 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,661 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:19

Yeah, this.  There are too many threads that are all basically 'F1 sucks now.' Try this one: http://forums.autosp...1/#entry6778271