- - - - -

Hungaroring 2014

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 matrix666777

matrix666777

• 34 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 21:58

Hello, I'm planning to go and watch Hungaroring this year. If someone has been there I would like to ask some questions:

- Is it possible to get tickets "on place"? Or is it better to buy them before online?

- Is there any good place from general admission to watch the race?

- If not, what stand would you recommend (of course not very pricy)?

Thank you,

Albert

Advertisement

#2 F1Destinations

F1Destinations

• 12 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:55

Hi Albert, we are off to Hungaroring next weekend (not for the first time, either). Generally, it's better to buy your tickets online before the race, but you can purchase them at the gate as well. General admission at Hungary is pretty good (and only costs 90 EUR) - because the circuit is located in a natural valley, you can get good views of multiple corners, even from General Admission. The best place is up on the hill overlooking the final corner and pit straight.

The cheapest Bronze grandstands are only a little more expensive than General Admission and worth it, even if it is just for a seat for the race. If your budget can stretch, the Silver grandstands around the last corner are also great value for money at around 250 EUR for the weekend.

We did a ten-part travel guide for the Hungarian Grand Prix which you can read here: http://f1destination...and-prix-guide/

#3 matrix666777

matrix666777

• 34 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:58

Thank you for the reply. It is really helpful. Appreciated!

Albert

#4 king_crud

king_crud

• 7,964 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 13:27

I went last year and really regret paying big money for a gold grandstand seat (first turn), so many good spots for cheap. My pick of the seats would be the silver grandstand at the far side of the track, you can see them up the hill, the fast left into the long right, then down to the chicane. But GA was great as well. Also when we were there it was HOT (43 degress), not much shelter so take a hat

Edited by king_crud, 23 July 2014 - 13:29.

#5 TheNewStig

TheNewStig

• 557 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:50

Betwen 28 and 38 degrees where we was sitting last year,on silver 4.Between silver 4 and gold1 it was a big GA-area With a good wiew.But it's always better With numered seats.Silver 4 was great With a wiew over nearly the hole track.Remember towels and tons of water :cool: