Photo
- - - - -

Red Bull Juniors: Who will take the Toro Rosso seat?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will take the Toro Rosso Seat? (92 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will fill the other Toro Rosso Seat?

1. Carlos Sainz Jr (52 votes [56.52%])

Percentage of vote: 56.52%

2. Pierre Gasly (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Alex Lynn (3 votes [3.26%])

Percentage of vote: 3.26%

4. Jean-Eric Vergne (11 votes [11.96%])

Percentage of vote: 11.96%

5. Antonio Felix Da Costa (4 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

6. Other (1 votes [1.09%])

Percentage of vote: 1.09%

7. Max Verstappen (21 votes [22.83%])

Percentage of vote: 22.83%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 13:51

The Red Bull Junior Team is having a pretty successful year, with Carlos Sainz Jr and Pierre Gasly 1-2 in the Formula Renault 3.5 championship, and Alex Lynn leading the GP3 standings. I think it's safe to assume that Jean-Eric Vergne will be moved aside at the end of this year, despite some strong performances. However, as we've seen in the past a few strong quali's and races isn't enough for Darth Marko. So, who do we believe will take over? Are any of them ready, or will Da Costa make a surprise Di Resta style comeback from the DTM? Can JEV make a strong enough case for himself over the remaining races? Will Vettel vacate the Red Bull seat, allowing someone to be promoted to the A-Team?

EDIT

Added Max Verstappen to the poll following his induction into the Red Bull Junior Team. Personally I think he's still too young, with only one year of car racing experience at the end of this season, but then Red Bull chose Kvyat seemingly out of the blue, so we'll see.

Edited by np93, 18 August 2014 - 06:44.

Advertisement

#2 Imateria

Imateria

• 2,424 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 13:59

Sainz would be my bet, though if Lynn keeps going like he is then he might spring a surprise. I don't think Gasly is ready yet and I can't see Da Costa getting back into single seaters unless he drops Red Bull and goes it alone.

#3 Brandz07

Brandz07

• 3,500 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 14:06

It's a shame for Gasly as I think he's got more potential than Sainz, but he's unfortunately one year behind so I'm sure Sainz will get it.

#4 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 14:08

Yeah, Sainz has been impressive this year, as he was (at least to my eyes) at the Silverstone test last year. If he does get the go-ahead, it will be good to see Sainz vs Kvyat; it's happened once before and the points show that Kvyat doled out a pretty comprehensive beating. Though I seem to remember Sainz getting involved in a few incidents, and F1 is a whole new ball game anyway. It is good for Gasly to show so much potential this year; my worry is that if he does win next year, will there be space for him?

#5 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 14:15

Sainz would be my bet, though if Lynn keeps going like he is then he might spring a surprise. I don't think Gasly is ready yet and I can't see Da Costa getting back into single seaters unless he drops Red Bull and goes it alone.

Da Costa is racing in Formula E, although not at a Red Bull team (they're not involved at all as far as I'm aware) he still carries their logo on his helmet so although its no indication he will ever get back into their F1 program (apart from as the development driver role he currently holds) it still gives him a chance to impress in single seaters.

#6 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 14:22

Da Costa is racing in Formula E, although not at a Red Bull team (they're not involved at all as far as I'm aware) he still carries their logo on his helmet so although its no indication he will ever get back into their F1 program (apart from as the development driver role he currently holds) it still gives him a chance to impress in single seaters.

Good point; Buemi, is also racing in Formula E, as is Alguersuari so I guess that gives them a reference for Da Costa's performance. But I agree that his F1 chances are probably over, there is a lot of talent for the teams to chose from in the lower formulae at the moment.

#7 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 35,986 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 14:30

Buemi so far seem to be the class of the Formula E field, only testing, only testing yes I know but fast is fast they are all in the same car and he is the one. Can he claw his way back to F1 from Formula E? Will it be as a Red Bull backed driver or will he eventually go it alone?

I have Sainz firmly in the second Tor Rosso 2015.

:cool:

#8 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 14:32

I don't think da Costa is a candidate anymore. Sainz would be next in line but will probably end up at Caterham based on the rumours. Lynn would move up to WSR, Gasly I guess would get a second season? He's the only one where you're not really sure where to put him.

#9 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 14:40

Buemi so far seem to be the class of the Formula E field, only testing, only testing yes I know but fast is fast they are all in the same car and he is the one. Can he claw his way back to F1 from Formula E? Will it be as a Red Bull backed driver or will he eventually go it alone?

I have Sainz firmly in the second Tor Rosso 2015.

I was surprised to see that Buemi is only 25, so he has age on his side. He has impressed with Toyota in the WEC as well, leading the championship. However, I think while he may stay connected to the Red Bull family for a while, his chances in F1 are slim with any team. A shame really, since unlike Alguersuari, he made a real effort to stay prominent in World Motorsport. I had thought about Red Bull joining Formula E, or sponsoring a team like they do for their young drivers; but then I remembered their reaction to F1's new tech rules, so that's likely out the window. A shame really, because FE seems to be a more social media driven sport (not that that's a good thing), making it a good opportunity for Red Bull's marketing.

#10 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 14:45

I don't think da Costa is a candidate anymore. Sainz would be next in line but will probably end up at Caterham based on the rumours. Lynn would move up to WSR, Gasly I guess would get a second season? He's the only one where you're not really sure where to put him.

Do you not think Sainz would go to Toro Rosso to satisfy Cepsa? I guess he could do a Daniel Ricciardo and move from Caterham over to Toro Rosso, though by the end of next year, Gasly or Lynn would be ready. There is a bit of a log jam now and next year in terms of drivers for Red Bull, it would be good if they spread into more World Championships, or even Indy so these guys aren't just left floundering outside F1. Though I guess if they're good enough, they'll find a seat regardless. 

#11 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth

• 9,389 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 15:29

I can tell you who it won't be - Jonathan Palmer, even if he wins the GP2 title by a clear 100 points...

#12 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 35,986 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 15:31

There has reall always been a logjam, that is why we see the various previous drivers almost fall of the cliff of Autoracing when they are dropped.

Vettel - Worked out

Bourdais - Did not work out

Liuzzi - Did not work out

Speed - Did not work out

Vergne - Arguably not working out

Ricciardo - Worked out

Alguersuari - Did not work out

Kvyat - Jury still out

da Costa - Did not work out

Sainz - Will get his chance

Lynn - May get his chance

Gasley - May get his chance

Jani - Not sure if he count as an Academy driver

Aleshin - Did not work out

Chandok - Did not work out

Hartley - Did not work out

Juncadella - Did not work out

Ammemueller - Did not work out

Wickens - Did not work out

Oakes - Did not work out

I am sure I have forgotten a lot, they have pumped drivers through their academy, making it to the top is a very steep hill to climb.

#13 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 15:35

I can tell you who it won't be - Jonathan Palmer, even if he wins the GP2 title by a clear 100 points...

Palmer would be a good choice; he has a good grasp of what it takes to race on the Pirelli tyres, and excellent racecraft. However, he's spent 4 years in the series, and the previous two champions have failed to advance with similar records. Also, as far as I know, Sebastien Bourdais is the only driver Toro Rosso have ever taken on outside of their own stable of drivers, so it's quite a rare occurrence.

#14 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 15:41

There has reall always been a logjam, that is why we see the various previous drivers almost fall of the cliff of Autoracing when they are dropped.

Vettel - Worked out

Speed - Did not work out

Ricciardo - Worked out

Kvyat - Jury still out

Oakes - Did not work out

I am sure I have forgotten a lot, they have pumped drivers through their academy, making it to the top is a very steep hill to climb.

I agree, there have been a lot of drivers who didn't get a fair shot at it; Lewis Williamson was dropped pretty suddenly, as was Hartley. The problem is that, at best, it takes 4 years from FR2.0 to get a driver up to F1 in the Red Bull scheme, when a real F1 career, with time to develop, lasts quite a bit longer than that. I guess that's why they're particularly brutal, though some of the guys have managed to make a bad position work; Jani, Hartley and Buemi in LMP1, Wickens, Juncadella and Da Costa in DTM, and Aleshin in Indy. So it's not the end of all times, there are still plenty of opportunities outside F1.

#15 SealTheDiffuser

SealTheDiffuser

• 2,416 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 15:43

Vettel - Worked out

Speed - Did not work out

Ricciardo - Worked out

Kvyat - Jury still out

Oakes - Did not work out

Buemi - Would have worked.  

Eternal shame on them.

#16 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,331 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 15:51

Eternal shame on them.

Works prototype teams are full of drivers who would've worked in F1. Buemi's teammate Anthony Davidson chiefest among them.

Edited by Risil, 12 July 2014 - 15:53.

#17 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 15:59

Works prototype teams are full of drivers who would've worked in F1. Buemi's teammate Anthony Davidson chiefest among them.

Indeed, and the majority didn't even have a driver development scheme propelling them upwards. 

#18 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,156 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 16:16

Eternal shame on them.

I really don't blame Red Bull for passing on Buemi. He's such a weird one, basically spent his entire career so far, swinging back and forth between being promising and average:

F3 Euro - pretty good but not great. Runner-up losing championship to Grosjean who admitedly was with the better team.

GP2 - amazes everyone outqualifying team-mate and title contender Di Grassi on Monaco on his first, mid-season race. Is absolutely nowhere the entire rest of the year. Has a pretty average year the following season finishing 5th. People don't understand what has he done to be promoted to F1.

Toro Rosso - impresses by outpacing Bourdais by roughly same margin as Vettel had done, but is hurt by the fact the team has gone backwards. Then is put against the younger Alguersuari, and over time Alguersuari matches him and maybe even starts outperforming him slightly. Alguersuari's career flat out dies. Buemi's kept as test driver.

LMP - world class top driver in the category.

Pretty difficult to take conclusions from this heh? Notice for some reason Red Bull still holds on to him these days, but completely dropped Alguersuari who was the slightly better driver at the time. Maybe they rate his feedback, technical skills as a test driver, which would've been highly useful in prototypes as well. As they kept on giving him laps on the sims and even on the F1 cars they would've known if he was to outperform any of their race drivers and would put him in, so it's not as if we've lost a champion... But exactly how quick he is, is hard to read. Maybe one of those that needs the right car, right circumstances to perform.

#19 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,156 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 16:19

As for next year, Sainz. I'm amazed at how good he's suddenly been in WSR this season. Think he's gonna get a few races for Caterham this season, then likely promoted. Shame on Vergne who definitely is a pretty good driver, but he hasn't done as much as Vettel or Ricciardo, neither seems to have the potential of Kvyat, so even with 4 seats someone's got to make way.

Advertisement

#20 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 16:24

Of course it won't be. While Palmer's performance in GP2 has been relatively impressive, 4th year champions dont excite the team bosses or Red Bull. Palmer was never a name to watch and that's just the way it is. 

#21 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 16:34

Vettel - Worked out

Speed - Did not work out

Ricciardo - Worked out

Kvyat - Jury still out

Oakes - Did not work out

I think JEV has worked out, there is just no where to promote him.

#22 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 17:10

I think JEV has worked out, there is just no where to promote him.

Vergne has shown flashes of pace, but has still yet to unlock it across a season. Unreliabilty this year hasn't helped his cause, nor has his supposed weight disadvantage against Kvyat. I don't think he'll have a problem finding a seat in another top series should he lose his seat. He still has 10 races to go to demonstrate what he's capable of, and the car has good pace when it holds together for him.

#23 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 18:16

Holy hell, when did Da Costa's career die? Like 9 months ago everyone expected him to be in STR. They seem to discard anyone who doesn't finish their apprenticeship at the perfect time.

Frijns and Da Costa were absolutely screwed out of their shot. If Bianchi succeeds then those two will be wasted talents of the decade.

#24 WelshSwan

WelshSwan

• 1,013 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 18:26

Isn't Mitch Evans part of the RB Junior program too? I don't think he will get the seat next year should Vergne leave but he looks pretty promising. I hope JEV will be able to find a seat should Toro Rosso get rid of him, possibly with Sauber as I can't see them keeping Esteban after his woeful performances this year.

#25 Farhannn15

Farhannn15

• 746 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 18:31

Isn't Mitch Evans part of the RB Junior program too? I don't think he will get the seat next year should Vergne leave but he looks pretty promising. I hope JEV will be able to find a seat should Toro Rosso get rid of him, possibly with Sauber as I can't see them keeping Esteban after his woeful performances this year.

They already have Sirotkin, Van Der Garde and Di Silvestro waiting. Maybe he may go to Haas in 2016 along with a Danica Patrick or Alex Rossi but I wouldn't place a bet on it

#26 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 19:24

I think Mitch Evans is a Red Bull affiliated driver; I think they receive slightly less backing, his car doesn't carry any logos. I think Daniel Abt is the same, along with a couple of other GP2 drivers. Maybe they only receive sponsorship and aren't as close to the actual team?

Edited by np93, 12 July 2014 - 19:25.

#27 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 35,986 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 20:24

I think Mitch Evans is a Red Bull affiliated driver; I think they receive slightly less backing, his car doesn't carry any logos. I think Daniel Abt is the same, along with a couple of other GP2 drivers. Maybe they only receive sponsorship and aren't as close to the actual team?

Seems from this thread apart from listing drivers we personally see as the real deal, fallen away deservedly or something in between. Red Bull are spending serious money outside F1 on getting the best drivers possible in and race for them in F1.

#28 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 20:34

Vergne has shown flashes of pace, but has still yet to unlock it across a season. Unreliabilty this year hasn't helped his cause, nor has his supposed weight disadvantage against Kvyat. I don't think he'll have a problem finding a seat in another top series should he lose his seat. He still has 10 races to go to demonstrate what he's capable of, and the car has good pace when it holds together for him.

What?  I don't think you have been paying much attention to Vergne.  Granted, no one has :p   But he has done nothing but show pace throughout the season so far.  Kvyat is a little gunner for sure, but JEV has had some really cursed luck, otherwise putting in some very good performances.

#29 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 20:48

Well it's 5-4 in quali and 9-6 in points in JEV's favour; however he's had two years experience, and Kvyat is only 20. Vergne has borne the brunt of the reliability problems, and they probably have cost him more points, but looking at two car finishes (which seems to be a rarity this year) it's 2-1 to Kvyat. That said, Vergne had his first corner collision at Silverstone, so it could easily be the other way round. Point being that they're very close in terms of pace, both good drivers and neither seems to make major mistakes; it seems a shame that the pairing will change. But it could all too easily stay the same if Vergne can pull out the results, providing the car holds together.

#30 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 4,141 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 21:22

The problem with the RBR programme is that if you're not from Europe then you have to get there first. It takes a lot of backing for a Kiwi driver like Evans or Hartley to make it to single seater racing in Europe before they can even come to anyone's attention. And when driver programmes seem to be as political as the RBR ones, it's not hard to imagine that there might be a bias towards drivers from the continent vs. the antipodes. 

Hartley, btw, seemed to get the raw deal in terms of scheduling - his single seater results were all over the place because he was constantly at GP weekends on standby - he has gone on to do a lot of test and sim work for AMG so he must have had some value. I do agree though that GP racing was probably never in his future but I doubt he got a fair shot at it. 

Edited by ClubmanGT, 12 July 2014 - 21:23.

#31 bourbon

bourbon

• 7,265 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 21:32

Well it's 5-4 in quali and 9-6 in points in JEV's favour; however he's had two years experience, and Kvyat is only 20. Vergne has borne the brunt of the reliability problems, and they probably have cost him more points, but looking at two car finishes (which seems to be a rarity this year) it's 2-1 to Kvyat. That said, Vergne had his first corner collision at Silverstone, so it could easily be the other way round. Point being that they're very close in terms of pace, both good drivers and neither seems to make major mistakes; it seems a shame that the pairing will change. But it could all too easily stay the same if Vergne can pull out the results, providing the car holds together.

I'm a massive Daniil fan - he is, together with Kimi and Seb a equally favorite driver.  So you don't have to convince me that he is putting on a great show - I expected he would and he is living up to my expectations.  However, the STRR is a haven of reliability issues and PU drama, so it is rather unfair to JEV to slag him over points and pace shows when he has been hit by so much of it.  He has done remarkably well this season when he is allowed to.

#32 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 21:42

The problem with the RBR programme is that if you're not from Europe then you have to get there first. It takes a lot of backing for a Kiwi driver like Evans or Hartley to make it to single seater racing in Europe before they can even come to anyone's attention. And when driver programmes seem to be as political as the RBR ones, it's not hard to imagine that there might be a bias towards drivers from the continent vs. the antipodes. 

Hartley, btw, seemed to get the raw deal in terms of scheduling - his single seater results were all over the place because he was constantly at GP weekends on standby - he has gone on to do a lot of test and sim work for AMG so he must have had some value. I do agree though that GP racing was probably never in his future but I doubt he got a fair shot at it. 

Didn't Hartley go straight from NZ to Red Bull Juniors? I don't think he raced in Europe without them(until he got dropped).

#33 WelshSwan

WelshSwan

• 1,013 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 23:56

I'm a massive Daniil fan - he is, together with Kimi and Seb a equally favorite driver.  So you don't have to convince me that he is putting on a great show - I expected he would and he is living up to my expectations.  However, the STRR is a haven of reliability issues and PU drama, so it is rather unfair to JEV to slag him over points and pace shows when he has been hit by so much of it.  He has done remarkably well this season when he is allowed to.

Yeah Kvyat has been very impressive so far but Vergne has done a solid job too. Unfortunately I can still see Toro Rosso letting JEV go at the end of the season though as there's so many people clamouring for that seat, I think we need to enjoy JEV while we can as I can't see him having a seat next year sadly.

#34 RuleyRamundo

RuleyRamundo

• 242 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 14:34

Bloggsworth, on 12 Jul 2014 - 16:29, said:Bloggsworth, on 12 Jul 2014 - 16:29, said:Bloggsworth, on 12 Jul 2014 - 16:29, said:Bloggsworth, on 12 Jul 2014 - 16:29, said:

Jonathan Palmer has 83 F1 Starts already and 14 Championship points so far, he don't need the TR seat anyway now :lol:

Nigel Mansell will get it I think :lol: he has more than 14 points in his career.

Edited by RuleyRamundo, 13 July 2014 - 14:43.

#35 MrMan

MrMan

• 190 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:28

I'm not so sure we will see JEV gone this year. I think we'll start to see more Red Bull young drivers in Caterhams, Torro Rosso are slowly becoming something more than an entry point for their young driver program.

#36 purplehaireddolphin

purplehaireddolphin

• 312 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 16:17

Jonathan Palmer has 83 F1 Starts already and 14 Championship points so far, he don't need the TR seat anyway now :lol:

Nigel Mansell will get it I think :lol: he has more than 14 points in his career.

Yeah Jonathan Palmer is a tad too old for F1 and is too busy running his MSV company. Jolyon Palmer, however, I think will get into F1 but not with Red Bull

#37 LewDaMan

LewDaMan

• 263 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 16:42

Antonio Felix Da Costa's reputation seems to have dipped a bit over the last couple of years.

Nevertheless, I'd still like to see him have a crack at F1 at some point to see if the praise for his potential was ever justified.

Being a test-driver has at least got him one step closer to a competitive drive.

#38 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,930 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 17:45

Fairly certain Jonathan Palmer won't be winning it anyway...

#39 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,319 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 21:00

da Costa had a few big chances and kinda fell flat. Had great seasons, but no titles, like his late season run in FR3.5 in 2012 showed. And hasn't been entirely impressive in DTM either (bit like Wickens rookie year rather than di Resta's). 

And I don't think Red Bull in very inclined on the risk having two drivers with the combined age of 40 could pose, so Sainz or Lynn would be bigger candidates for the second STR seat. 

Advertisement

#40 np93

np93

• 115 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:49

So there are rumours abound that Max Verstappen is now in the running for the Toro Rosso drive. I think it's inevitable that he'll be in F1 with them in the near future, though for me, next year is too near. 

#41 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 8,681 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:00

Holy hell, when did Da Costa's career die? Like 9 months ago everyone expected him to be in STR. They seem to discard anyone who doesn't finish their apprenticeship at the perfect time.

Frijns and Da Costa were absolutely screwed out of their shot. If Bianchi succeeds then those two will be wasted talents of the decade.

His career hasn't died. He just won't make it into F1 with Red Bull probably. 

#42 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 10,824 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:04

What?  I don't think you have been paying much attention to Vergne.  Granted, no one has :p   But he has done nothing but show pace throughout the season so far.  Kvyat is a little gunner for sure, but JEV has had some really cursed luck, otherwise putting in some very good performances.

But nobody much likes Vergne... he is Heidfeld 2.0

#43 thegforcemaybewithyou

thegforcemaybewithyou

• 4,006 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:21

Helmut Marko will be a guest in today's "Sport and Talk from the Hangar-7" at 22:10 on Servus TV.

Yesterday evening they showed some teasers for the show that said: "A new Red Bull Racing F1 driver for 2015 will be announced today!"

With Red Bull racing they probably mean Toro Rosso...

#44 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 5,299 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:27

Helmut Marko will be a guest in today's "Sport and Talk from the Hangar-7" at 22:10 on Servus TV.

Yesterday evening they showed some teasers for the show that said: "A new Red Bull Racing F1 driver for 2015 will be announced today!"

With Red Bull racing they probably mean Toro Rosso...

Looks like it's Verstappen. 

They announced Ricciardo like this last year on the same show. 

#45 JeePee

JeePee

• 5,907 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:29

Hmm, rumors from different sources and different countries do add up...

- Some Italian news a while back: Verstappen will be STR driver next year

- Dutch newspaper the day after Max signed for RB-junior program: He will be STR driver next year. It will be announced before Spa

- Tost saying Vergne needs to up his game last week.

- Rumor from fans who where in his pitbox this weekend at the Nurburgring: Tonight there will be a big announcement.

- Motorsport Total saying Verstappen will get free practice sessions THIS year at STR.

- Sport and Talk teaser that says they will announce new driver tonight.

17 years and 164 days old come Melbourne... Woahh.

Edited by JeePee, 18 August 2014 - 09:35.

#46 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

• 893 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:03

Won't be Jolyon Palmer.....even though he may win GP2 title this year. he's where he is because of his Dad. He was beaten to the F2 title a few years back by Dean Stoneman [?], who dropped off the scene due to cancer, but is now back racing in other categories. If JP does end up in F1, it'll be like Max Chilton....wealthy family paying for him in a backmarker team. 

#47 Thomas99

Thomas99

• 2,581 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:05

Red Bull currently have too many drivers.

#48 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:49

I like JEV's other half - hopefully she stays even if he doesn't.

#49 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 11,543 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:57

Secret photo of Red Bull's latest prospect for the Red Bull Junior Team...

500992-ivf-egg.jpg

#50 lars75

lars75

• 1,123 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 14:37

Secret photo of Red Bull's latest prospect for the Red Bull Junior Team...

500992-ivf-egg.jpg

Looks prommising, he first has to win his first and most important race ever though!