Photo

Oulton Park Mid Cheshire MRC Archive

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikeallen

mikeallen

• 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 09:45

I'm writing a book about the Oulton Park Gold Cup meetings, in particular the Mid-Cheshire years as I have access to their archives. However, over the years various bulletin editors have come and gone and the archive pre-1967 has been mislaid. I have failed so far to find anyone who has copies of the missing bulletins. Has anyone out there any knowledge of the whereabouts of any Mid-Cheshire Motor Club and Mid-Cheshire Motor Racing Club bulletins prior to 1967 that we could at least have a look at?

Regards

Mike Allen

mikeallen1953@hotmail.co.uk

Advertisement

#2 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 4,860 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 13:28

I'm very impressed that they have an archive as far as 1967!

#3 mikeallen

mikeallen

• 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 14:10

It's quite common that old docs have gone. Nobody thought they were important until the last few years. It's very frustrating when you are researching history :|

#4 RAP

RAP

• 566 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:02

Have you contacted Graham Heath who produced "A Record of Motor Racing at Oulton Park" ? If not send me a PM as I think I can find his email.

RAP

#5 elansprint72

elansprint72

• 3,340 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 20:45

It might be useful if you could tell us who you have been in contact with already then, perhaps, we might be able to suggest other names.

All my bulletins went to the tip some while ago but, in any case, they only started about '68.