Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Rate the German GP!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the German GP (83 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate the German GP

1. 1 (lowest rating) (1 votes [1.20%])

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

2. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 4 (1 votes [1.20%])

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

5. 5 (2 votes [2.41%])

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

6. 6 (7 votes [8.43%])

Percentage of vote: 8.43%

7. 7 (15 votes [18.07%])

Percentage of vote: 18.07%

8. 8 (27 votes [32.53%])

Percentage of vote: 32.53%

9. 9 (28 votes [33.73%])

Percentage of vote: 33.73%

10. 10 (2 votes [2.41%])

Percentage of vote: 2.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Snic

Snic

• 571 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 14:11

Please rate the race objectively and not on your favourite drivers result 

Best Driver
Worst Driver
Best Team
Best Overtake
Best Moment
DRS + Tyres

And the race in a sentence... 

Advertisement

#2 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 14:19

The win was never contested but there were battles all the way down the order. The early drag race battles were interesting. Even though the circuit has become completely unremarkable, Hockenheim delivered fun as usual.

I give it a generous 7. Massa's clumsiness and the lack of tension over the win took the rest away from it.

#3 fZero

fZero

• 117 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 14:21

Voted 9

Best Driver  Dan the Man! The kids got it.
Worst Driver Massa? I think he could have avoided it
Best Team Mercs
Best Overtake There were so many. Kimi getting pincered and knocked around like a ping pong ball? Hamilton barging his way through the hair pin? Dan on Button?
Best Moment Dan fighting Alonso, Massa flipping, Kimi squeezed, Kvyat's fire, Sutils spin, it was all happening.
DRS + Tyres Meh, so much going on they weren't an issue

Edited by fZero, 20 July 2014 - 14:23.

#4 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,408 posts

Best Driver - Overall pace - Bottas. Ricciardo - I am amazed by his wheel to wheel.

Worst Driver - What happened to Kimi?

Best Team - Merc, even though they got it wrong with expected Safety Car that never went out

Best Overtake - I liked Ricciardo vs Alonso battle best. If not for lock-up by Lewis, his double overtake on Kimi/Ric would be my favorite.

Best Moment - The race was balanced. We had lots of good bits here and there.

9/10? I liked it way more than Canada that was wild only due to Mercedes problems or Bahrain that emerged due to late SC.

#5 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Rated it 7/10 - it was the most enjoyable race in a while in my book.

Best Driver: Daniel Ricciardo, he might have ended up behind his team-mate, but some of the moves he pulled were excellent and good fun to boot. He's not going to win the championship this year, so it's much appreciated that he's giving viewers something to get excited about!
Worst Driver: Hard to say. Massa was the most disappointing, however.
Best Team: Mercedes, no contest. Their continued superiority is laughable.
Best Overtake: Ricciardo on Button in lap 57 or so, that was nice!
Best Moment: The laps long battle between Alonso and Ricciardo.
DRS + Tyres: The softer tyres seemed quite soft, but it seems the harder ones held out for quite a while; decent. The DRS was as bad as it usually is, it was often as though the overtaking cars were driving in a different category.
The race in a sentence: An amusing race, not more not less. :up:

#6 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 14:23

They should definitely reprofile the first corner.

Antecipate and smothen it so it runs close to the wall from the pit lane exit. It'd would become more sweeping and faster and thus make turn 2 a better overtaking point. It would also enable the turn 1 run off to be expanded. And the risk of collisions would be diminished by eliminating the desperate need of seeking its apex so badly.

#7 chrcol

chrcol

• 3,634 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 14:24

was a reasonable race until sutil incident.

Without sutil incident 7/10

with incident 4/10

#8 MeatPopsicle

MeatPopsicle

• 339 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 14:47

Best Driver: Hamilton
Worst Driver: Massa
Best Team: Merc
Best Overtake: Scrap between Ricciardo and Alonso
Best Moment: Raikkonen sandwiches
DRS + Tyres: Great

Race in a sentance...
"Use magic setting 1.
I dont know that setting?
Ok don't worry then"
:D

#9 Laster

Laster

• 3,921 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 14:48

Best Driver: Bottas - another performance on his part getting the maximum points that it was possible for him to achieve.
Worst Driver: Massa - That was Massa's fault in my opinion. He should have left some space on the inside corner, Magnussen was on the apex.
Best Team: Mercedes - A decent recovery, almost got their 1 -2
Best Overtake: Ricciardo on Alonso - It was fun to see him fight back and dive down the i side of Alonso
Best Moment: Perez train with Hamilton, Raikkonen and Ricciardo. I think that was the drivers fighting in that group.
DRS + Tyres: DRS made ovetakes too easy, the tyres were good, they made a split in strategy.

8/10 - It was entertaining throughout, but there was never a question of who would win.

#10 Emilvang

Emilvang

• 965 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 15:12

Best Driver - Bottas for being able to hold off Mercedes. Ricciardo was also very good.
Worst Driver - Massa, for being a blind idiot.
Best Team - Mercedes
Best Overtake - Ricciardo on Button was pretty sweet.
Best Moment - Ricciardo versus Alonso.
DRS + Tyres - No comment.

8/10. I did underrate it a bit here because I really would have liked to have seen what Magnussen could have done without the incident, so I couldn't enjoy the race fully. I was pretty pissed off for the first few laps actually.

#11 Anderis

Anderis

• 7,405 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 18:51

Best Driver- Too many to mention! Rosberg didn't put the foot wrong whole weekend and won the race comfortably Bottas maximising the final result and resisting pressure from Hamilton. Hamilton charging through the field to minimise loses successfully. Alonso mixing up with a bit more competitive cars. Vettel finishing in front of his team-mate. Ricciardo showing outstanding wheel-to-wheel battle skills. Hulkenberg dominating his team-mate and doing everything he could in the car that is slipping down in the pecking order. Even Maldonado, making the alternative strategy work, mixing up with more competitive cars and finishing not far away from points in a crappy car. So many heroes shows why this race was so good!
Worst Driver- Maybe Massa or Raikkonen, but nobody stood out.
Best Team- Williams. For keeping up in the development race, against predictions. For creating a car that's almost impossible to overtake on track (Hamilton vs Bottas). To have 2nd fastest car on the circuit, that shouldn't, in theory, suit their car as much as some other.
Best Overtake- Ricciardo on Button
Best Moment- Ricciardo vs Alonso
DRS + Tyres- Spot on. I always thought the best races are produced when drivers are split between 2 and 3 stops strategy. Today was another example of that. That's the optimum for me.

9/10- I enjoyed it thoroughly and didn't give it a 10 only because there wasn't a proper fight for race win.

#12 Spillage

Spillage

• 10,306 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 19:11

Best Driver: Difficult to say. Both Mercedes drivers did good jobs, but their car advantage was huge. As usual. Typically strong drives from Alonso, Ricciardo and Hulkenberg, but I think I'll give it to Bottas. More impressed with him here than I was at Silverstone. His calm under pressure belies his inexperience.

Worst Driver: Well, the immediate temptation is to say Massa and that's probably correct, but I'm going to say Raikkonen anyway. Even with a damaged wing, 11th place? If this were Massa it'd have been a crap drive. From a former WDC it is simply unacceptable.

Best Team: Mercedes. Christ knows how fast they're going to be when Hamilton works out where that Magic button is.

Best Overtake: Hmmm. Lots of great fighting early in the race. Think I'll have to give it to Hamilton's balls-out dive down the inside of Ricciardo and Raikkonen with Perez lingering on the apex.

Best Moment: Again, lots of great fights. The above overtake as well as Alonso's superb, high-quality duel with Ricciardo in the closing laps. However, I'm going to say the Vettel-Alonso sandwich of Raikkonen. Three world champions, three abreast. Oh yes, that was awesome.

DRS/Tyres: All good!

And the race in a sentence: Plenty of breathless and largely high quality fights (especially early on), but lacking the tension that comes with any doubt over the identity of the winner. 7/10.

#13 P123

P123

• 23,959 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 19:16

Best Driver- Bottas- from quali through to race, and 3rd podium in a row
Worst Driver- Sutil
Best Team- Williams- finally delivering
Best Overtake- Hamilton's slightly robust passing of Kimi and Ricciardo.
Best Moment- All of the Alonso/ DR battle
DRS + Tyres- A bit cheesy

And the race in a sentence... 8/10, lots of fights through the field that lasted several corners and several laps.

#14 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 19:22

Best Driver  Ricciardo
Worst Driver  Massa
Best Team  Mercedes
Best Overtake  Ricciardo on Alonso
Best Moment  Ricciardo/Alonso battle
DRS + Tyres  Not really noticable tbh, no comment

And the race in a sentence...  Possibly the best race of the year in my opinion.  Daniel Ricciardo really came of age today and cemented his position as a top driver.

#15 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 19:29

8/10.

Entertaining throughout.

Edited by Seanspeed, 20 July 2014 - 21:14.