Bill Bencker's Zagato-Like Porsche 356B

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richardmowen

richardmowen

• 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:05

Hello.

In Sidney, BC, Canada, a special Zagato Porsche is being restored and we don't have any visual data on how this car is supposed to look.

It appears this was a 1960 Porsche 356B Super 90 with Zagato-Like features. It was Silver with a blue stripe.

The racingsportscars.com history spells it out:

http://www.racingspo...encker-USA.html

Any help is very much appeciated. You can reach me at supercars@gmail.com.

Advertisement

#2 fausto

fausto

• 528 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:37

Did you try to contact Zagato? If the car is a genuine product I have the feeling that they'd be very interested in it and they may help :) in recent years they even reproduced a couple or three one-off models that went completely lost, good luck!

#3 fbarrett

fbarrett

• 1,170 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 16:41

Richard:

Sorry, but I see no Zagato reference at the site you listed. Can you tell us more about the car: chassis number, engine number, and maybe a photo or two? Was it ever pictured in a magazine (Porsche Panorama?) or a book?

Bill raced a Super 90 coupe, which was displayed at the 2009 Porsche Parade in Colorado, and it's still around. It was off-white and displayed no signs of Zagato involvement. Bill is also still around, and I bet you could contact him via Brumos.

You might have better luck discussing this topic on The 356 Registry forum.

Frank

#4 JB Miltonian

JB Miltonian

• 548 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 17:28

Somewhere around here I have a shapshot that I took of a poster/placard that was on display at a Vintage Racing event in Seattle, probably 20 years ago or more.  It described the owner's Porsche 356/Zagato, and I recall that the car hailed from British Columbia, but I don't recall the details.  I have to be away from home for a couple of days, I'll look for this when I get back.