- - - - -

Grid: Autosport

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chdphd

chdphd

• 1,425 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 18:30

Anyone playing this? It was developed "in conjunction with the experts at Autosport".

I'm finding it good fun, but not got the hang of the drift cars at all :D

I like the wide range of tracks and the different disciplines.

One thing I don't like is that you can't watch replays in purely TV camera mode. It mixes up TV cams, with onboards and random near-car angles.

There are 22 locations with over 100 routes, each one featuring several variations. Most tracks have day and night settings.

Advertisement

#2 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,465 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:47

Yeah it's a good laugh. I find I'm best at the open-wheel. Love the Indycars and A1GP Lolas. Yeah the drifting is pretty tough. I was terrible at it at first but then it just "clicked". You don't have to overdo the drifts to get the highest scores.

In before all the sim-snobs turn up. It's a good game. Very satisfying to play with the 360 controller.

#3 sportyskells

sportyskells

• 150 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:39

some people have got issues though, has any of you heard anything about a corrupted save as some people have got that and moaning to codemasters to get a patch out

#4 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace

• 7,465 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:42

I haven't noticed anything.

#5 chdphd

chdphd

• 1,425 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:06

OK for me so far.

Brands Hatch in reverse in an F3 car is hoot.

I've always liked the idea of racing circuits in reverse and this games does it.

#6 Risil

Risil

• 13,896 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 15:23

I've always liked the idea of racing circuits in reverse and this games does it.

The old MotoGP game on the Xbox let you do that. Sachsenring was fantastic -- at the Waterfall section you actually had to lift off for the crest of the hill or you'd go flying into the scenery.

#7 SB

SB

• 1,791 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:27

In the race itself is good (in PS3/ Xbox game standard) , however the game menu to select a custom race / free run session is the worst design in any computer / console racing game I have tried in last 20 years. :down:  :down:  :down:

Edited by SB, 25 August 2014 - 03:27.

#8 chdphd

chdphd

• 1,425 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 17:53

Good DLC news everyone.

Codemasters has released a new DLC pack for GRID Autosport that introduces four classic locations from GRID 2 and a brand new point-to-point game mode.

Available today for £4.79, the Sprint Pack promises to deliver "hours of single-player and online gameplay", and features a series of new Sprint Championships set across Hong Kong, Okutama, Cote d'Azure and the California Coast.

http://www.videogame...point_mode.html

#9 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 2,744 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 00:57

Ahh, DLC's... Instead of releasing a full game, and a rather large exp.pack, the release a game, then throw out DLC's for the price of 2 games after the initial release...Meh.