TomNokoe

• 33,502 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:06

I hate the number 6 :(

#3 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,298 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:07

Is there a point? Mercedes might as well just hand Nico the trophy.

Oh hang on, that's exactly what they are doing!

#4 payinkind

payinkind

• 469 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:07

Opening the thread with these words from Zanardi...

ef938b303d.png

Edited by payinkind, 26 July 2014 - 14:07.

#5 speng

speng

• 1,321 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:08

was planning to buy a Merc.

#6 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 3,449 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:08

Not only does Lewis' retirement ruin his championship chances, it also ruins the specticale of seeing 2 great drivers racing hard for the win...

#7 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,190 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:09

I hate the number 6 :(

We'll soon reach part 44!

#8 SamH123

SamH123

• 2,942 posts

When Hamilton says "Beyond bad luck" he could just be referring to 'unacceptable incompetence' rather than conspiracy like some are implying

Edited by SamH123, 26 July 2014 - 14:11.

#9 jcpower13

jcpower13

• 891 posts

I know someone who owns a Merc, an old one at that and right now I hate him and his stinking red car that never seems to breakdown.

#10 FullThrottleF1

FullThrottleF1

• 3,449 posts

Anyone else watch 2014 F1 thinking this was going to be a walkover by Hamilton?

#11 P123

P123

• 23,842 posts

ef938b303d.png

If you can't take inspiration from the Champion of Champions...... nice words from AZ.

#12 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,502 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:11

And can I just say, I think it's wholly ridiculous to cry conspiracy, but I think it's completely naïve to not be ever, ever so slightly wary.

#13 Mtom

Mtom

• 383 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:12

If i were in Toto's place id take the opportunity of the summer brake and fire all the mechanics responsible for Lewises car.

#14 payinkind

payinkind

• 469 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:13

And can I just say, I think it's wholly ridiculous to cry conspiracy, but I think it's completely naïve to not be ever, ever so slightly wary.

If you look everywhere in the blogospere or medias, this is the first thing on people's mind. Mercedes will have a terrible PR fight ahead of them over the summer break.

#15 P123

P123

• 23,842 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:13

When Hamilton says "Beyond bad luck" he could just be referring to 'unacceptable incompetence' rather than conspiracy like some implying

This. No doubt we'll get bogged down by people claiming conspiracy and others responding with 'it's just bad luck' and how ridiculous it is to think anything untoward would ever happen in F1, like... say a team getting one of it's drivers to crash to bring out a SC. Nonsense all round. It's incompetence and it's unacceptable. F1 is a competitive world. They all want to win. Mistakes happen but as I said on the last topic (part 60 or something like that) the failures that are happening in the early laps of the car leaving the garage have been too numerous this season to be acceptable.

In terms of luck- bad that it happened and he starts last, good that it happened in quali and not the race (yet).

#16 Brazzers

Brazzers

• 1,479 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:14

Don't do it mate. My E63 just went into service and they invoiced me for a $3500 servicee!

#Servicejustasbad #asF1teamrealibility

#17 OO7

OO7

• 23,378 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:15

ef938b303d.png

Lovely words from Alex.  

We all talk about Lewis' bad luck, but what about Alex?  The thing is he seems to have a great life despite his injuries and no-one can say how things would have turnout for him had that horrific accident not occurred, he may have ended up worse off a few races down the line.  He strikes me as someone who used that terrible experience to grow and perhaps become a better person.

#18 bonjon1979a

bonjon1979a

• 4,333 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:18

It's strange, I don't call conspiracy but if you look at pitstops over the year as well where in almost every race there has been slow pitstops for Hamilton and near faultless for nico it's starting to look dodgy even if it's not. I don't believe in any conspiracy, I could believe that there is more of a subconscious focus on one driver rather than the other which means that when mistakes creep in they tend to be on hamiltons side. The damage done will have repercussions further down the line, an ice ruined, electronic systems almost certainly damaged, this'll bring penalties late in the season that'll hurt even more. Meanwhile, nico is doing a fantastic job and we shouldn't let hamiltons 'luck' detract from the fact that nico is delivering. There was pressure there today and I thought he might play it safe knowing Lewis was out. Kudos for going for the pole.

#19 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,465 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:22

Lovely words from Alex.  

We all talk about Lewis' bad luck, but what about Alex?  The thing is he seems to have a great life despite his injuries and no-one can say how things would have turnout for him had that horrific accident not occurred, he may have ended up worse off a few races down the line.  He strikes me as someone who used that terrible experience to grow and perhaps become a better person.

It got a reply:

.@lxznr Thank you so much for all your support Alex, I won't give up!!

Advertisement

#20 Lamag

Lamag

• 1,147 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:23

I am gonna quote myself

What really matters now is to see how much damage has the Power Unit, the gearbox, the ERS system and the batteries.

#21 jestaudio

jestaudio

• 2,059 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:24

I know someone who owns a Merc, an old one at that and right now I hate him and his stinking red car that never seems to breakdown.

I would never buy a Merc, nothing to do with racing, having worked on them for more years than i care to remember :lol:

#22 chrcol

chrcol

• 3,538 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:25

So couple new thoughts from me.

merc's tweet's seems a windup, very unsavoury.

and lewis if he did say it (based on earlier post) that its beyond bad luck I am very glad he said that, he needs to say these things in public.

#23 jestaudio

jestaudio

• 2,059 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:26

Lovely words from Alex.  

Always admired Zanardi, it takes real balls to get back and race again after what he went through

#24 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:27

When Hamilton says "Beyond bad luck" he could just be referring to 'unacceptable incompetence' rather than conspiracy like some implying

I find it hard to believe some people within mercedes F1 would conspire to sabotage Hamilton, for one thing it could lead to manslaughter!
I do wonder what Hamilton has done to the racing Gods to deserve such misfortune? Maybe the plan is for him to get his luck at the last GP of the season when double points are up for grabs?
According to the News of the world astrological yearly forecasts its a good time for cancerians which Rosberg I believe is! Something to do with Jupiter?

Slipping a little further into conspiracy mode I met a guy before the British GP... 'I know I know havent we all'
Anyway this guy 'worked' at McLaren. I asked him what he thought about this season and he said
"Mercedes are going to stitch up Hamilton so a German driver wins the championship, dont get me wrong" he said "Rosberg is the real deal but Hamilton wont win it"

I guess we will have to wait and see. Meanwhile I shall enjoy Hamiltons efforts tomorrow.

#25 jestaudio

jestaudio

• 2,059 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:28

So couple new thoughts from me.

merc's tweet's seems a windup, very unsavoury.

and lewis if he did say it (based on earlier post) that its beyond bad luck I am very glad he said that, he needs to say these things in public.

Certain fact the majority of posts on FB and Twitter are pretty pissed off with Merc, could cost them if they don't get a handle on it and the jokey comments on FB from merc did them no favours at all

#26 speng

speng

• 1,321 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:28

Don't do it mate. My E63 just went into service and they invoiced me for a $3500 servicee!

#Servicejustasbad #asF1teamrealibility

Service!!!! Thanks for the info

#27 jestaudio

jestaudio

• 2,059 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:31

I find it hard to believe some people within mercedes F1 would conspire to sabotage Hamilton, for one thing it could lead to manslaughter!
I do wonder what Hamilton has done to the racing Gods to deserve such misfortune? Maybe the plan is for him to get his luck at the last GP of the season when double points are up for grabs?
According to the News of the world astrological yearly forecasts its a good time for cancerians which Rosberg I believe is! Something to do with Jupiter?

Slipping a little further into conspiracy mode I met a guy before the British GP... 'I know I know havent we all'
Anyway this guy 'worked' at McLaren. I asked him what he thought about this season and he said
"Mercedes are going to stitch up Hamilton so a German driver wins the championship, dont get me wrong" he said "Rosberg is the real deal but Hamilton wont win it"

I guess we will have to wait and see. Meanwhile I shall enjoy Hamiltons efforts tomorrow.

Honestly i don't find it hard at all, Ferrari certainly made sure that MS was going to win if anyone did down to the infamous changing of places on the track, its happened before and no doubt it will happen again, maybe Merc are that stupid, who knows but they sure ain't helping themselves at the moment, 

#28 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:32

:lol:

Make up you mind ....

#29 masa90

masa90

• 2,029 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:32

Calm down you all!

Lewis made mistakes, team made mistakes, it is all still out there to be decided.

Keep believing!

#30 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,502 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:34

It's getting close to the point where Rosberg could finish the majority of races 2nd and stroll to the WDC. Not quite there yet, but approaching it. Lewis needs a perfect second half.

#31 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:35

I just hope some members of this forum dont slag him off if he loses his front wing tomorrow.

#32 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,502 posts

Make up you mind ....

My point is, it's not impossible . There are way too many weird possibilities.

#33 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

I love these kinds of posts.... that start out with "I'm too smart and rational to believe in conspiracies" .... but end with swivel eyed dark mutterings

#34 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:37

My point is, it's not impossible . There are way too many weird possibilities.

I must admit if I was Hamilton I wouldnt let anyone touch my car between FP3 and Q1 from now on

#35 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,438 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:38

I love these kinds of posts.... that start out with "I'm too smart and rational to believe in conspiracies" .... but end with swivel eyed dark mutterings

Rumbled

#36 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 528 posts

"He would have been fastest today and won the race no question"

Its getting disgusting that Mercedes GP can only provide one of their drivers with a reliable car. The jury is still out on which party was responsible for the disc failure at Hockenheim.

Rosberg is definitely gliding on this one, beating his team-mate in everything but a straight fight.

#37 jcpower13

jcpower13

• 891 posts

I must admit if I was Hamilton I wouldnt let anyone touch my car between FP3 and Q1 from now on

I'd advocate him not allowing anyone to touch it after FP2, a few times this season overnight tweaking has given him a duff setup.

#38 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,190 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:41

I'd advocate him not allowing anyone to touch it after FP2, a few times this season overnight tweaking has given him a duff setup.

Yeah but he'd have to sleep in the car. After FP3 is easier to enforce.  :p

#39 jcpower13

jcpower13

• 891 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:43

Yeah but he'd have to sleep in the car. After FP3 is easier to enforce.  :p

I'm sure the FIA will allow him to bring a sleeping bag and sleep next to the car.

Advertisement

#40 Farhannn15

Farhannn15

• 746 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:43

"He would have been fastest today and won the race no question"

Its getting disgusting that Mercedes GP can only provide one of their drivers with a reliable car. The jury is still out on which party was responsible for the disc failure at Hockenheim.

Rosberg is definitely gliding on this one, beating his team-mate in everything but a straight fight.

It was a bit of a brave call by Niki since Nico was right up there with his race pace and put in a very fast lap when it mattered but I guess there's no point looking back into the past

#41 speng

speng

• 1,321 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:46

The truth is sometimes stranger than fiction.

#42 f1supreme

f1supreme

• 2,828 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:48

Jacques Villeneuve recently said “Lewis Hamilton will not be at Mercedes for long. Everyone in the German team wants a German to be world champion. Lewis was only brought in to make Nico [Rosberg] even better.”........its starting to look like he knows what he's talking about.

#43 FSLIV

FSLIV

• 575 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:48

Im trying not to give up hope but this is sone BS!!

#44 payinkind

payinkind

• 469 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:55

It was a bit of a brave call by Niki since Nico was right up there with his race pace and put in a very fast lap when it mattered but I guess there's no point looking back into the past

He has access to much more info than you or the media. If he thinks Lewis would have won, then I believe him.

#45 OO7

OO7

• 23,378 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 14:58

It got a reply:

.@lxznr Thank you so much for all your support Alex, I won't give up!!

Quite heartwarming.  I hope he tears it up tomorrow.

#46 jcpower13

jcpower13

• 891 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 15:01

Quite heartwarming.  I hope he tears it up tomorrow.

Be nice if this had happened on a track that wasn't as bad as Monaco in the overtaking stakes.

#47 peroa

peroa

• 10,762 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 15:04

Jacques Villeneuve recently said “Lewis Hamilton will not be at Mercedes for long. Everyone in the German team wants a German to be world champion. Lewis was only brought in to make Nico [Rosberg] even better.”........its starting to look like he knows what he's talking about.

I wouldn't use even but by what we have seen so far it certainly looks that way.

#48 AlmightyGod

AlmightyGod

• 528 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 15:05

It was a bit of a brave call by Niki since Nico was right up there with his race pace and put in a very fast lap when it mattered but I guess there's no point looking back into the pas

Just realised what you meant, but if you take all FPs into account Lewis had time in hand over Nico. It would have been pole for Lewis barring any problems.

Edited by AlmightyGod, 26 July 2014 - 15:11.

#49 RubalSher

RubalSher

• 3,944 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 15:07

Any news on if HAM's car will be ready by race time tomorrow?

#50 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 2,190 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 15:09

Any news on if HAM's car will be ready by race time tomorrow?

They don't really have a choice here. It has to be ready...