Photo

Benetton - champagne given to team for 1995 season?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ccat

ccat

• 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:16

Firstly, sorry to join with a for sale/value thread. I have been on car forums for years and newbies joining just to sell stuff grind a bit, but this is an item where I needed to find the right arena.
:)

I have had this for years, am obviously never going to open it but TBH it's just a box that will sit there forever...

Dad worked for Benetton F1 for many years, this was given to all staff by their tobacco sponsor when they won the 1995 drivers and constructors championships. 

Bottle
DSC08049_zpsf2315a26.jpg

Label
DSC08051_zpsc09b9389.jpg

Letter (photocopy, I figure the original was photocopied and given to the employees)
DSC08053_zpsaab0c6b7.jpg

The box, bottle label and letter are all a bit worn from nearly twenty years of being moved around.

I'd like to sell this, no idea at all of it's worth at all. I normally sell everything via the 'bay as it's a great way of finding out value and someone who wants it, but could not see the sale of anything vaguely similar on there?

I figure anyone collecting Schumacher stuff would have an interest and this is more likely to be the market rather than Champagne collectors?

Do any of you collect/ know some idea of value/where would be best to offer this? Figure it must be pretty rare?

Should be in someone's collection rather than gathering dust here, being kept for keepings sake.

Absolutely won't post, pickup in west oxon only.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Advertisement

#2 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 4,529 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 21:34

Wow. That is awesome.

#3 zepunishment

zepunishment

• 603 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:27

You're right in saying the champagne itself won't appeal to collectors perhaps as the ThiƩnot house was only established in '85, but the provenance would be great for motorsport collectors. Perhaps Legends in Time might take it off your hands?

#4 ccat

ccat

• 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 21:08

Hey,

Thanks for the tip, looked up LIT and the guy has a very interesting history himself, if I contact him and it goes there I'll have to deliver just to look about.

looking at his site, I remembered that my brother has some used Benetton Drivers suits from the same period (he got them on the basis they fitted him and not me!), had not thought about them for years, I think they are Benetton pre MS though, I'd remember I'm sure if they were Michaels...