untitled-1819jto.gif

:love:

Edited by Boxerevo, Today, 19:29.

Advertisement

#2302 hollowstar

hollowstar

• 967 posts

Posted Today, 19:26

The crowd have every right to boo & many of them are likely as much informed as the rest of us and maybe even more. Why else would they be booing Nico if they havent been watching the races or are not informed about the sport... The levels of sweetened political correctness out here like in most public domains is not entirely unexpected though.

Exactly. If fans don't like Nico's actions, they are entitled to let him know and feel it. It is their way to do so. And it goes far beyond "british fans".

#2303 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,724 posts

Posted Today, 19:27

Kind of bummed Hamilton isn't gonna stage an awesome WDC comeback now :lol:

Assuming reliability (come on Merc), and baring in mind this is where Merc were most vulnerable in terms of performance, Hamilton needs 3 wins out of the next 4 races to ensure he can finish 2nd in Abu Dhabi. Gonna be great to see Rosberg now pushing Hamilton.

Also, I really felt for Rosberg at his pit stop, possibly one of the most pathetic and soul destroying sights I've ever seen in this sport. I don't want to open a can of worms but it would be nice to have some true gratification in the final stages, in the form of Hamilton beating Rosberg on track.

LewLew though, start master, pace master, tyre master, fuel master, he has it all. I will reiterate once more, 19 racing laps on used super softs, at the pace he was doing, is somewhat mind blowing. I was worried FOM would jump to a crumpled nose or something, but I think that's merely favourite driver syndrome, he actually rarely makes mistakes in races. Wonderful!

Edited by TomNokoe, Today, 19:32.

#2304 Skinnyguy

Skinnyguy

• 4,315 posts

Posted Today, 19:28

It's getting boring reading how much better Hamilton has been, how evil Rosberg is, how much trouble Lewis had, etc. This pair have been virtually a perfect match for each other performance wise.

#2305 NateF

NateF

• 1,026 posts

Posted Today, 19:31

I always forget that Hamilton fans are that unique breed, that exhibit all the ugly traits of fanboyism behaviour not ever found in any other drivers fans, especially those for whom these ugly traits are so disgustingly opposite of how a true F1 driver fan should conduct oneself. Us Hamilton a bloody phenomenon just like the good man himself.  

#2306 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 1,928 posts

Posted Today, 19:32

The crowd have every right to boo & many of them are likely as much informed as the rest of us and maybe even more. Why else would they be booing Nico if they havent been watching the races or are not informed about the sport... The levels of sweetened political correctness out here like in most public domains is not entirely unexpected though.

:rotfl:

Political correctness? Me?

We've had this discussion before. If the crowd in Singapore (that part cheering Rosbergs 'bad luck) is as much informed as the rest of us, it only makes it worse! The freedom of expression meanst that everyone has a right to freely express thoughts or ideas into the world of which he or she thinks it has worth to express. Do you REALLY believe that shouting 'booh' or 'hurray' at misfortune adds any ideas to a discussion about Rosbergs 'behaviour'? In the words of another great athlete: 'You cannot be serious!'

But let us say that Rosberg 'deserves' this bad luck (hahahaha, sorry). If that well informed crowd (that part, at least) have been watching races... I assume they know for 'races' you need cars to do battle, okay? So if Rosberg drops out... there is no battle between Hamilton and Rosberg, right?

So they pay 250 euro's (at least) to come watch a race, and cheer when the biggest chance of an enteraining race - meaning one of the two Mercedes-drivers - drops out? Hahahaha! If that is not a worthy entrance for the Darwin Awards for Groups, I don't know what is!

Or... they are not there to watch a race at all! They want to watch Hamilton win! Not to watch a good race. Perhaps we should chance the sport then! No more races, just a voting contest. Who is the best driver? It is Lewis/Nico/Sebastian! Fantastic! Instant gratification!

#2307 RubalSher

RubalSher

• 1,875 posts

Posted Today, 19:33

It's getting boring reading how much better Hamilton has been, how evil Rosberg is, how much trouble Lewis had, etc. This pair have been virtually a perfect match for each other performance wise.

No way. Nico is good but Lewis is one notch above. 

#2308 meddo

meddo

• 1,536 posts

That stint after the SC reminded me of Mercedes duo in Bahrain after the SC. I was kinda commentating to myself "let Bonno look at the screen, he knows the degradation rate, he would tell him when to pit. So what if he hits the cliff for one lap, surely the new primes can overhaul DAnny Ric and Sebby, oooh, look, he pulled another second...."

#2309 P123

P123

• 8,386 posts

You do realise there are 5 races left? Anything can still happen.

#2310 Obi Offiah

Obi Offiah

• 8,586 posts

Posted Today, 19:34

Assuming reliability (come on Merc), and baring in mind this is where Merc were most vulnerable in terms of performance, Hamilton needs 3 wins out of the next 4 races to ensure he can finish 2nd in Abu Dhabi. Gonna be great to see Rosberg now pushing Hamilton.

Also, I really felt for Rosberg at his pit stop, possibly one of the most pathetic and soul destroying sights I've ever seen in this sport. I don't want to open a can of worms but it would be nice to have some true gratification in the final stages, in the form of Hamilton beating Rosberg on track.

LewLew though, start master, pace master, tyre master, fuel master, he has it all. I will reiterate once more, 19 racing laps on used super softs, at the pace he was doing, is somewhat mind blowing. I was worried FOM would jump to a crumpled nose or something, but I think that's merely favourite driver syndrome, he actually rarely makes mistakes in races. Wonderful!

Come on Tom, you know better than that.

#2311 thesham01

thesham01

• 1,400 posts

Posted Today, 19:36

That's the thing though, nevermind his pace, he looks to have mastered this era of F1 already. If Merc stay competitive I can see Hamilton winning many more WDCs.

#2312 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 3,444 posts

Posted Today, 19:37

This pair have been virtually a perfect match for each other performance wise.

2013? I would agree

2014 in qualifying? I would also agree

Overall in 2014? I disagree, Lewis has been the better driver, by a modest margin. 

Edited by sennafan24, Today, 19:38.

#2313 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 1,928 posts

Posted Today, 19:40

2013? I would agree

2014 in qualifying? I would also agree

Overall in 2014? I disagree, Lewis has been the better driver, by a modest margin. 

The voice of reason has sounded again... :up:

#2314 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 4,724 posts

Posted Today, 19:41

Come on Tom, you know better than that.

:-( before today it was all "he has nothing to lose!" and I never even contemplated a DNF in AD, but now it's at the forefront of my mind :lol: I'm glad the SC gave some credence to his victory, and as Sennafan mentioned, a tenth here or there, or the other Red Bull in P2 at the SC restart and he could've been off the top step today. Funnily enough I think Merc actually pitted him a lap too late, but made up for it with a blistering 2.9 stop.