- - - - -

Team Mate Battles - Italian GP

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ottostreet

ottostreet

• 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:50

Hey guys, I have NO idea whether I can share this, so please remove if not!

I write an article after every race called Team Mate Battles, comparing the team-mates relative performances.

http://formulaspy.co...alian-gp-2-5640

I've been writing these for almost two years now, and they've been gradually getting longer and more in depth as I've taken on feedback from readers. Interested to hear your thoughts and would welcome all constructive criticism!

Advertisement

#2 f1RacingForever

f1RacingForever

• 1,384 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:04

Very nice read. Thanks for sharing.

#3 ottostreet

ottostreet

• 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 18:34

Very nice read. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed!

#4 Kobasmashi

Kobasmashi

• 734 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 20:08

Well written. :) I hate to be that guy, but you spelled Kvyat's name wrong.

#5 ottostreet

ottostreet

• 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 20:31

Well written. :) I hate to be that guy, but you spelled Kvyat's name wrong.

Whoops!  :stoned:

Where, I can't spot it!

#6 Kobasmashi

Kobasmashi

• 734 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 20:39

Whoops!  :stoned:

Where, I can't spot it!

You called him "Kyvat" rather than "Kvyat" through the Toro Rosso section.  :p

#7 ottostreet

ottostreet

• 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 21:31

Oh that's weird. My brain absolutely refused to spot that! In fact, even though you pointed it out, I still can't see it! But you're right, I'll get that changed when I'm home!

#8 Kobasmashi

Kobasmashi

• 734 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 23:28

Oh that's weird. My brain absolutely refused to spot that! In fact, even though you pointed it out, I still can't see it! But you're right, I'll get that changed when I'm home!

The fact that neither BBC nor Sky can pronounce it has probably miswired your brain.

#9 ottostreet

ottostreet

• 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 23:40

The fact that neither BBC nor Sky can pronounce it has probably miswired your brain.

Surely the likes of David Croft have asked Daniil himself how to pronounce it? Unless it just sounds unnatural for a native English speaker to say, like Raikkonen's name?

#10 NoSanityClause

NoSanityClause

• 1,390 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:27

I must confess, I have been following your TMBs since long ago, lurking at PF1 Forum mainly to see when you would post them! 

So welcome aboard, you just saved me from checking yet another website for them.

(Do I have to say that I thouroughly enjoy them?)

#11 Kobasmashi

Kobasmashi

• 734 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:32

Surely the likes of David Croft have asked Daniil himself how to pronounce it? Unless it just sounds unnatural for a native English speaker to say, like Raikkonen's name?

Haha, we had a thread about Kvyat's (and Ricciardo's) names a couple of months ago. Kvyat's name should be one syllable, but the "ya" in his name is only one letter in Russian as opposed to two in English, obviously the English broadcasters don't know this. We end up with variations like "Kvee-yat" or "K-fiat" from the commentators. 

#12 bub

bub

• 2,722 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:35

Haha, we had a thread about Kvyat's (and Ricciardo's) names a couple of months ago. Kvyat's name should be one syllable, but the "ya" in his name is only one letter in Russian as opposed to two in English, obviously the English broadcasters don't know this. We end up with variations like "Kvee-yat" or "K-fiat" from the commentators. 

How do you pronounce it?

#13 Kobasmashi

Kobasmashi

• 734 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 13:54

How do you pronounce it?

How it's spelt!  :p Just in one syllable. I said in the other thread, imagine you're putting on a German accent, and you're saying a word that starts "qu". At about 32 seconds the Russian commentator says it here 

Edited by Kobasmashi, 13 September 2014 - 13:54.

#14 MastaKink

MastaKink

• 4,353 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 14:36

How it's spelt!  :p Just in one syllable. I said in the other thread, imagine you're putting on a German accent, and you're saying a word that starts "qu". At about 32 seconds the Russian commentator says it here 

At 0.30 does that commentator say 'Kimi Raikkonen,Puff Daddy and Daniil Kvyat'?.  :lol:

Diddy did well to get on that podium to be fair.