Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:59

Fernando Alonso vs Kimi Räikkönen 2014 Part I

Fernando Alonso vs Kimi Räikkönen 2014 Part II

Fernando Alonso vs Kimi Räikkönen 2014 Part III

Fernando Alonso vs Kimi Räikkönen 2014 Part IV

Fernando Alonso vs Kimi Räikkönen 2014 Part V

finalpostn6s1h.jpg

subirl0k5y.jpg

Please be respectful with both drivers and their respective supporters.

Edited by kosmos, 23 November 2014 - 14:47.

Advertisement

#2 Raikkonen94

Raikkonen94

• 1,008 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:05

Haha great picture Kosmos :up:  Although us Kimi fans probably don't want to remember anything of this season :lol:

#3 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 8,719 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:06

How do you know it's the final topic?
Maybe they'll get in a fist fight. At least then Ferrari would provide something entertaining for this season.:)

#4 teejay

teejay

• 6,129 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:40

Why is there even a vs thread - sadly it has been so far apart in 2014 that its a little sad :(

#5 NoSanityClause

NoSanityClause

• 1,390 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:52

I am guessing this is one of the "Forza Michael" pics. Otherwise, they do not look thankful at all!  :lol:

#6 falalalalaland

falalalalaland

• 147 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 14:29

This family photo is so epic  :lol: .

#7 tmekt

tmekt

• 1,254 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 16:37

They should investigate that guy standing behind Kimi on the left. Doesn't look happy at all with Kimi, he might be sabotaging his car!

#8 NoSanityClause

NoSanityClause

• 1,390 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 16:47

They should investigate that guy standing behind Kimi on the left. Doesn't look happy at all with Kimi, he might be sabotaging his car!

Have you seen Kimi's right hand? He is all like "Oh, you have a stiff front end there...and I am a loose tail kind of guy..."

#9 tmekt

tmekt

• 1,254 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 16:49

Have you seen Kimi's right hand? He is all like "Oh, you have a stiff front end there...and I am a loose tail kind of guy..."

That's too far :rotfl:

#10 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 16:58

What a harmonious team pic!    :clap:

#11 dreamer

dreamer

• 1,922 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 17:09

Fernado's new cycling team  :p

http://www.gettyimag...photo/456910708

#12 Lotus53B

Lotus53B

• 4,163 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 17:34

I gotta say that there must be guys in double breasted pin-stripe suits holding violin cases in a threatening manner...or piles of horses heads...just out of shot.

I've never seen a more morose team shot.

#13 andrea303

andrea303

• 404 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 17:42

This topic has given me mixed emotions. Good and bad ones. Joy and anger  :lol:

I would like to thank kosmos for this thread and for being such a classy tifosi.

Even if I don't agree with you in most of cases (wonder why?  :D ), this Kimista respects you!  :up:  :clap:

Hopefully we get a good battle till the end with our two great drivers.

#14 Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau
  • RC Forum Host

• 2,270 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 18:03

I would like to join Andrea in thanking Kosmos, and to congratulate him on his choice of pics for the opening posts in each of the different parts of this thread - great visual summary of the season!  :lol:

#15 NoSanityClause

NoSanityClause

• 1,390 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 18:04

This topic has given me mixed emotions. Good and bad ones. Joy and anger  :lol:

I would like to thank kosmos for this thread and for being such a classy tifosi.

Even if I don't agree with you in most of cases (wonder why?  :D ), this Kimista respects you!  :up:  :clap:

Hopefully we get a good battle till the end with our two great drivers.

I would like to add to Andrea's thanks to Kosmos, and congratulate him on his choice of pics for the opening posts in each of the different parts of this thread - great visual summary of the season!  :lol:

Hear, hear!

#16 Cacarella

Cacarella

• 1,110 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 18:06

That may be a 'Forza Jules' image, hence the somber faces.

#17 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:32

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/116219

tumblr_m82j96yNpl1rwkw1ko1_400.gif

#18 Raikkonen

Raikkonen

• 259 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 19:57

We have had a nice start to this thread, please go to the previous thread, the aricle has been "discussed" already   ;) 

Thanks Kosmos, always fair!

Edited by Raikkonen, 09 October 2014 - 20:11.

#19 grunge

grunge

• 5,393 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 20:30

We have had a nice start to this thread, please go to the previous thread, the aricle has been "discussed" already   ;) 

Thanks Kosmos, always fair!

My bad..missed that.

No malice here though...just my way of venting frustration.

Advertisement

#20 Raikkonen

Raikkonen

• 259 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 21:01

My bad..missed that.

No malice here though...just my way of venting frustration.

I understand :well:

That's the real problem here, everybody is frustrated at something in this thread.

I can understand the enormous frustrations of being an Alonso fan when Ferrari has delivered mostly **** cars to him over the past years, heck, both him and Räikkönen should get a car that is a championship contender.

Edited by Raikkonen, 09 October 2014 - 21:03.

#21 RedOne

RedOne

• 2,449 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 22:57

dont-care-nope-Steve-Carell-The-Office-G

#22 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 23:09

200.gif

200.gif

Edited by Menace, 09 October 2014 - 23:10.

#23 REDalert

REDalert

• 671 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:19

Too bad. I would've really wanted to see, how FIST would suit for both them. Well mostly how it suits for Kimi, Alonso seems to be less sensitive with his car characteristics. 

Well, most likely we'll see, how F15T suits Kimi, but without Alonso in same car it's hard to make conclusions.

Alonso won this season hands down, fair and square, but I'll never believe that he is so much better than this season has shown. 

Thanks Kosmos for that depressive scoreboard  :wave:

#24 Thomas99

Thomas99

• 2,581 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:02

Is it correct to be giving races to Raikkonen in that image that Alonso didn't even compete in? If a car fails, the race should go to the driver ahead at that point in time. 

#25 Thomas99

Thomas99

• 2,581 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:05

Alonso won this season hands down, fair and square, but I'll never believe that he is so much better than this season has shown. 

I agree. Alonso's superiority this season has been exaggerated by him being at sea with the car. The gap between them on most tracks is 8 tenths in qualifying and near a full minute in race trim.

But I have never in the history of the sport seen a driver recover from such a deficit to go and win beat their team mate.

#26 Raikkonen

Raikkonen

• 259 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:41

If a car fails, the race should go to the driver ahead at that point in time.

No, the scoreboard works like the point system in F1, if you DNF you are last, only in front of people who DNF before you, plain and simple.

#27 REDalert

REDalert

• 671 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:45

I agree. Alonso's superiority this season has been exaggerated by him being at sea with the car. The gap between them on most tracks is 8 tenths in qualifying and near a full minute in race trim.

But I have never in the history of the sport seen a driver recover from such a deficit to go and win beat their team mate.

I don't mean that Kimi would start regularly beating Alonso, like Alonso is doing Kimi right now.  But it is obvious to me, that F14T does not suit Kimi at all, he is so far off what he used to be/do 2 previous years and in his "first career".  I don't for example remember any wheel to wheel moments(exept Hungary) from this year which he used to have almost every race before. I'm not saying that F14T is Alonsos dream car, but for Kimi it is a nightmare.

#28 Astro

Astro

• 406 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:32

I would propose to ditch the 'vs' part from these type of threads from next year. 

Those who are dying to win an argument should have realized by now that there is no winning. Everyone gets fed up eventually. The main theme of this thread has been the astonishing lack of respect some have for these great drivers. When we start the conversation with "Alonso shown him", "Kimi had better pace", etc., the former transmogrifies into Dick Dastardly, the latter become the reincarnation of Goofy, and the rest is shitstory.

Is it to crazy an idea to stop comparing them? For example, we could discuss about which race do you think where the best so far from Raikkonen and Alonso; what do you think where their strongest points or weakest in such and such race; main issues with the car in such a race for Alonso and Raikkonen; their best move; strategy calls, videos, links, reports, etc...

Anyway, I thank Kosmos and others who has brought so many interesting links to this thread. In that sense, it has been a real treat.  :up:

Edited by Astro, 10 October 2014 - 04:33.

#29 adumbo

adumbo

• 254 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:48

I would propose to ditch the 'vs' part from these type of threads from next year.

Those who are dying to win an argument should have realized by now that there is no winning. Everyone gets fed up eventually. The main theme of this thread has been the astonishing lack of respect some have for these great drivers. When we start the conversation with "Alonso shown him", "Kimi had better pace", etc., the former transmogrifies into Dick Dastardly, the latter become the reincarnation of Goofy, and the rest is shitstory.

Is it to crazy an idea to stop comparing them? For example, we could discuss about which race do you think where the best so far from Raikkonen and Alonso; what do you think where their strongest points or weakest in such and such race; main issues with the car in such a race for Alonso and Raikkonen; their best move; strategy calls, videos, links, reports, etc...

Anyway, I thank Kosmos and others who has brought so many interesting links to this thread. In that sense, it has been a real treat. :up:

I don't agree on ditching the vs thread. This is sport. It is the very nature as a fan and supporter to want your driver/team to be the best and best the competition. When someone/team wins, we acknowledge and respect their achievement. When we lose, we hope a better outcome the next round.

#30 Alexandros

Alexandros

• 2,069 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:02

Fair and square after all that has happened to Kimi (pre-season + in-season) is an exaggeration.

#31 krumpli12

krumpli12

• 1,066 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:09

We are reaching the end of this one-sided affair, I cannot say that I will miss it too much  :lol:  

The only thing I am going to take away from this rivalry is that from now on Kimi will be Kimi "front end" Raikönnen for me  :)

All in all it was a miserable year, so sometimes the discussion in the vs thread was the only thing that gave some entertainment  :)

#32 LEO10

LEO10

• 393 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:15

Fair and square after all that has happened to Kimi (pre-season + in-season) is an exaggeration.

:lol: Should have posted your list of Kimi's problems, to make your completely unbiased opinion more clear for everybody. Anything to add to that list after today or is all going well? 

Anyways today it looks like business as usual again, Alonso will probably have a close fight with the Williams/Mclaren/Red Bulls tomorrow, while Kimi will struggle to make it into Q3 and afterwards complain some more about the front end.

#33 Thomas99

Thomas99

• 2,581 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:19

:lol: Should have posted your list of Kimi's problems, to make your completely unbiased opinion more clear for everybody. Anything to add to that list after today or is all going well?

Anyways today it looks like business as usual again, Alonso will probably have a close fight with the Williams/Mclaren/Red Bulls tomorrow, while Kimi will struggle to make it into Q3 and afterwards complain some more about the front end.

Alonso has had 2 non finishes in 3 races. Kimi has had 0 all year.

Fernando also has inferior reliability.

Edited by Thomas99, 10 October 2014 - 15:20.

#34 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 5,299 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:21

I'm really hoping this was an anomaly year for Kimi and that with a better car he'll look more normal than he looks now. 

#35 Hanzo

Hanzo

• 899 posts

Time flies! It looks like all the pre-season argum... debates were just last month... and here we are, almost finishing this season.

Very pleased with the vs. outcome of course. What a great chance next season to check a lot of theories about a driver needing time to adapt to a new car/team...

I hope Kimi can beat Seb, it would be sad for him to have a similar result as this season, he does not deserve that, especially if it is his last F1 season.

Kudos to the loyal Kimi fans who kept posting in this thread during his darkest moments of the season.

#36 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

Kimi has a self inflicted DNF..

big gap in practice again today..

#37 LEO10

LEO10

• 393 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:22

Alonso has had 2 non finishes in 3 races. Kimi has had 0 all year.

Fernando also has inferior reliability.

Exactly, Kimi is one of the few drivers this season without any mechanical problems on Sundays. But some people prefer to see what they want to see..

#38 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:24

I hope Kimi can beat Seb, it would be sad for him to have a similar result as this season, ....

but if he does it won't mean anything.. because he is the incumbent driver and Vettel will be new driver in the team and will need to adapt himself. 

In 2016 he will retire and his last two years in F1 will be meaningless to some as if he never raced for Ferrari again.. :p

#39 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 5,299 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:28

but if he does it won't mean anything.. because he is the incumbent driver and Vettel will be new driver in the team and will need to adapt himself. 

In 2016 he will retire and his last two years in F1 will be meaningless to some as if he never raced for Ferrari again.. :p

Or Ferrari build a rocketship next year and he wins the title.  :D

Advertisement

#40 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:32

Or Ferrari build a rocketship next year and he wins the title. :D

I doubt it.. check this out..

Kimi Raikkonen: “This first day of practice was given over to learning the track, which I like and although it’s new, the grip level was good. In the first session, we went through our programme step by step, even if towards the end of the session I was unable to complete my last run. In the afternoon, we focused on tyre behaviour, with both compounds taking a long time to reach the maximum performance, which is unusual, especially for the Soft tyre. In order to have a clearer picture on this topic, we will have to wait for the track to evolve. Unfortunately, here too I still don’t feel comfortable with the front end and this prevented me from putting together a good lap. Now, along with the team, we will try and find a solution that will allow me to get the most out of the car.” - See more at: http://formula1.ferr...h.hAxi1I6H.dpuf

zzzzzzzzz......
How many times is he going to keep saying this.. is funny.

He sounds desperate to show the world that Alonso is only trashing him because he does not like the front end of the car.

Edited by discover23, 10 October 2014 - 15:36.

#41 dreamer

dreamer

• 1,922 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:51

I doubt it.. check this out..

Kimi Raikkonen: “This first day of practice was given over to learning the track, which I like and although it’s new, the grip level was good. In the first session, we went through our programme step by step, even if towards the end of the session I was unable to complete my last run. In the afternoon, we focused on tyre behaviour, with both compounds taking a long time to reach the maximum performance, which is unusual, especially for the Soft tyre. In order to have a clearer picture on this topic, we will have to wait for the track to evolve. Unfortunately, here too I still don’t feel comfortable with the front end and this prevented me from putting together a good lap. Now, along with the team, we will try and find a solution that will allow me to get the most out of the car.” - See more at: http://formula1.ferr...h.hAxi1I6H.dpuf

zzzzzzzzz......
How many times is he going to keep saying this.. is funny.

He sounds desperate to show the world that Alonso is only trashing him because he does not like the front end of the car.

If that's the problem and they can't find a solution then what do you want him to say? That everything is ok? Allison said that his problems are a consequence of the car's design and that they can't change it for this year. So yes, he'll continue to say it. You just have to be patient ... 4 more weekends and it's over.

#42 johnnyw

johnnyw

• 1,195 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:54

Well he keep repeating it as long the car doesnt handle they way he likes. Its allready confirmed by team several times that car doesnt suit Raikkonen:s driving style, so what he should say then?

No one is forcing you to read Raikkonen comments, its just more about you trying to find anything to bash him ;)

Edited by johnnyw, 10 October 2014 - 16:00.

#43 DrF

DrF

• 2,581 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 15:56

And you are desperate to take everything he says and twist it to your own agenda.

It's funny

#44 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:06

Well he keep repeating it as long the car doesnt handle they way he likes. Its allready confirmed by team several times that car doesnt suit Raikkonen:s driving style, so what he should say then?

No one is forcing you to read Raikkonen comments, its just more about you trying to find anything to bash him ;)

People already know that don't they.?  specially when Allison said Kimi pretty much will have to deal with it because the car is what it is.

So in this case the question was about how the testing program went.. not if he had adjusted to the car yet..(the car is the same). It is unnecessary to keep repeating the same old story over and over again unless you really want to stress this point, at least that is my opinion. Additionally putting a good fast lap is not necessarily the goal of practice.

Edited by discover23, 10 October 2014 - 16:15.

#45 Codeso87

Codeso87

• 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:18

I am tough with Raikonen and I say like 5 times I would fire him, but also I don´t understand one thing about Ferrari too: why they didn´t know this would happen?

Is not as if this was first time together. I blame Kimi for his driving on this car, but I don´t understand why Ferrari let this happen too. They should know each other better than this by now.

#46 VolvoT5

VolvoT5

• 3,178 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:21

Man Kimi's form is so disappointing right now, I hope he can pick it up for next year, assuming the don't just sack him. 

Second a lap off Alonso is just embarrassing.  I love  Kimi but come on.... sooner or later he has to adapt his style of driving to suit the car a bit more. 

#47 johnnyw

johnnyw

• 1,195 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:23

People already know that don't they.?  specially when Allison said Kimi pretty much will have to deal with it because the car is what it is.

So in this case the question was about how the testing program went.. not if he had adjusted to the car yet..(the car is the same). It is unnecessary to keep repeating the same old story over and over again unless you really want to stress this point, at least that is my opinion. Additionally putting a good fast lap is not necessarily the goal of practice.

You mean the same way as Alonso has kept reminding us consistantly last years that ferrari cars are slow compared to opposition and hes always taking max out of it :)  Yes he had done great job & that has been mostly true, but everyone allready knows ferrari hasnt had the fastest car. Still in some reason he kept repeating it over & over again to boredom.

There is no point to twist these things. Alonso has done great job with bad car this year, while Raikkonen has done poor job. But its not like hes the only one to blame.

Edited by johnnyw, 11 October 2014 - 03:56.

#48 LEO10

LEO10

• 393 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:23

I am tough with Raikonen and I say like 5 times I would fire him, but also I don´t understand one thing about Ferrari too: why they didn´t know this would happen?

Is not as if this was first time together. I blame Kimi for his driving on this car, but I don´t understand why Ferrari let this happen too. They should know each other better than this by now.

Yep, exactly. Kimi was complaining about understeer/front end last year in the Lotus already, so for Ferrari to sign him and put him in the most understeering car on the grid is quite a decision, especially if you have already worked with the driver before. Also Fernando and Kimi have opposite driving styles, with Fernando preferring understeer and Kimi preferring oversteer, so yeah, italians I guess.

Edited by LEO10, 10 October 2014 - 16:24.

#49 Codeso87

Codeso87

• 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:24

Second a lap off Alonso is just embarrassing.  I love  Kimi but come on.... sooner or later he has to adapt his style of driving to suit the car a bit more. 

Yes, at least to end the season properly. The season means nothing now but if his seat is in risk he has to get better.

He must be sure he will drive next season, because he keeps trying to bring the car towards him instead of changing.

#50 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 16:25

You mean the same way as Alonso has kept reminding consistantly last years that ferrari cars are slow compared to opposition and hes always taking max out of it :)  Yes he had done great job & thats has been mostly true, but everyone allready knows ferrari hasnt had the fastest car, still he in some reason kept repeating it over & over again.

maybe that is the impression you get because he is not the only one who says it.. pretty much everyone else in the paddock, current and past, keeps repeating it over and over again..