Photo

(Another) Lauda documentary

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 18:59

Tonight (23.05) the Austrian TV (ORF 2) will show a 'new' documentary on the Lauda accident..

Trailer here.First shown in May 2014 at the Cannes Film festival.

and another trailer

http://www.auto123.c...eo?artid=167476

There are the 'known' witnesses and younger ones too  (Coulthard...)..

Best regards Michael

Now after I have seen it: nothing really new ,maybe some interviews.Most annoying: one third on the accident, two thirds on development of Formula 1 safety with Jackie Stewart, up to modern cars with Nico Rosberg and films from the Allianz test center, and DC admiring Niki Lauda....--not un-interesting but a bit OT...

Edited by Tuboscocca, 13 October 2014 - 14:25.

Advertisement

#2 DN5

DN5

• 464 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 18:13

I couldn't resist buying the DVD of this: titled Lauda: the Untold Story.

Not sure I would have given it that title!

I think Tuboscocca has sumarised it well above

Geoff

#3 63Corvette

63Corvette

• 358 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:00

Thanks for posting. I have met Niki Lauda a number of times, both before and after his Nurburgring accident. To me, he is a great man......not so much for his multiple championships, as for the life that he has lead after his incredible accident and injuries. He is lucky, fortunate, and blessed to have survived, but admirable and laudable for prospering and overcoming his many difficulties, both mental and physical. I greatly admire Herr Lauda. How many world champions have owned their own airlines...........................AND been Team Principles of multiple Grand Prix teams, AND had kidney trransplants? WELL DONE Niki :clap:

#4 john aston

john aston

• 2,699 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:49

I don't have heroes, but if I did Lauda would be my man . Extremely smart, ruthless ,very quick , totally honest , articulate, funny  and the best gear changer I have ever heard . And also the bravest man  I have ever seen. It was a privilege to see him win his last Grand Prix at Zandvoort - my only visit there .