- - - - -

GP Sao Paulo Brasil 2014

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tomspar

tomspar

• 1,433 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:37

I am heading back to a great F1 track. Decided to pass on USGP and head much further south..  Saw my first GP here. Memories of Jacques Villeneuve going off in the first turn, and then winning. Montoya going on to win after pissing off the locals "juan pablo viado" beating crowd fave Rubens B. 

But been a while, I am sure things have changed. Any tips sure appreciated. Looking for tickets... gonna just wing it but hate to be shut out. I have TiVo, so no need for the pricey views, but I want to be near the most passionate fans. 

Are you going? Love to hear about it. Lets wake up this sleepy forum....

Advertisement

#2 GrandPrixAdvisor

GrandPrixAdvisor

• 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 14:15

Grandstand F should be your top pick then. It's the cheapest of the covered grandstands at $700. Grandstand A is the more fan friendly, or at least has the biggest F1 village, but offers no protection against the unpredictable weather.

If your budget allows a bit more comfort, Grandstand V ($1000) as food and drinks included I believe and Orange Tree Club at $2000 is the cheapest hospitality option.

Buy your tickets in advance to avoid disappointment. The Brazilian GP has a max capacity of 35,000 spectators and is usually a sell out event I understand.

The official website is gpbrasil.com.br (gpbrasil.com is not) but is in Portuguese only. gpticketshop.com advertise themselves as the "Exclusive European Ticket Agent for the Brazilian Grand Prix" I've checked their prices against other resellers last year and they seemed the cheapest.

The traffic is horrendous, so use the train - it's cheap, clean, modern and the circuit is 600 metres away from the station on Line 9 (Emerald).

Luxury hotels are ideally located on Line 9-Emerald (Linha 9-Esmeralda) between Berrini and Morumbi stations, which are 4-5 stops away (13 km) from Autódromo Station. Morumbi is the home of the gigantic MorumbiShopping mall and Berrini is a convenient location for anyone flying into town as there is a direct bus from this station to the São Paulo–Guarulhos International Airport. Access to night life, in the adjacent district of Moema, is via bus 5154.

Avenida Paulista (Station on Line 4-Yellow / Linha 4-Amarela and change at Pinheiros Station for the overground CPTM train services.)

If you stay in the country for a while, there's the WEC round also at Interlagos three weeks later.

Have fun in Brazil!

Edited by GrandPrixAdvisor, 29 October 2014 - 14:15.

#3 tomspar

tomspar

• 1,433 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 13:31

Thanks gpadvisor. I took the train to practice and although crowded it was incredibly efficient. Decided on sector A. Turns out there are a lot of shade trees. Had a lot of fun with the fans. Picked up my tickets right from the promoters office in morumbi. I had a friend who lives here make the arrangements. I got *lost* in the neighborhood on the way back to the train and had a great time having a cheap drink at a local bar while watching the kids play football in the street. On my way to qualy now on an empty train.. thanks again for your help!