Photo

Technical Problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 16:26

So I have a problem with this forum, first the options for the Post don't show up (like smilies, B, I and U, image, etc.). The second thing is, that when I click the "Post" button after writing a reply to a thread nothing happens, I have to go to "More Reply Options" and then I can post.... Can you maybe tell me where the problem is? I deactivated Browser Safety in Avira so that's not it...

Advertisement

#2 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 16:31

Can you tell us:

- which operating system you're using (i.e. Windows 7/8/8.1)

- which browser you're using (Chrome/IE)

A screenshot may help, as well.  :)

#3 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 16:33

Windows 7 and Chrome.... but I'm just right now in Firefox to see if the problem happens here too

Edit: It works in Firefox

Edited by Sin, 01 November 2014 - 16:34.

#4 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 16:41

So I made a screenshot now

PjsywyO.png?1.

In chrome it basically does not load the system which I have here in firefox, with the smilies and everything... it is just one empty textbox....

I deactivated all the chrome addons to test if it is a problem with them, but that didn't help....

Edited by Sin, 01 November 2014 - 16:42.

#5 Sin

Sin

• 2,042 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 16:58

So I got it running in Chrome, by following this guide: https://wiki.base22....ich text editor

But I am not sure if running Chrome like this will give me other problems, like security based... or other compability issues

Or what it exactly does to be honest

Edit: This is so weird I'm not sure what did it, but even after I removed that extension I added in what is described there in the wiki it still somehow works and I don't know why, what exactly does make it work now? I got no clue but I'm happy it does

Edited by Sin, 01 November 2014 - 17:09.