Photo
- - - - -

Rate the Brazilian GP!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the Brazilian GP! (121 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate the Brazilian GP!

1. 1 (Worst Rating) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 (1 votes [0.83%])

Percentage of vote: 0.83%

3. 3 (3 votes [2.48%])

Percentage of vote: 2.48%

4. 4 (3 votes [2.48%])

Percentage of vote: 2.48%

5. 5 (15 votes [12.40%])

Percentage of vote: 12.40%

6. 6 (13 votes [10.74%])

Percentage of vote: 10.74%

7. 7 (40 votes [33.06%])

Percentage of vote: 33.06%

8. 8 (34 votes [28.10%])

Percentage of vote: 28.10%

9. 9 (8 votes [6.61%])

Percentage of vote: 6.61%

10. 10 (4 votes [3.31%])

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Snic

Snic

• 571 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 17:39

Please rate the race objectively and not on your favourite drivers result :)

Best Driver
Worst Driver
Best Team
Best Overtake
Best Moment
DRS + Tyres
And the race in a sentence...

Advertisement

#2 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 17:45

DRS spoiled it, but it was still an exciting race and above the average.

#3 Kristian

Kristian

• 4,365 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 17:49

Decent enough racing and some uncertainty on the tyres, but overall no real drama that we come to expect from Brazil. So I say 7. 

#4 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 5,313 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 17:50

Pretty good race. 

#5 kimster89

kimster89

• 1,413 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 17:53

Best Driver Button and Nico, honourable mention of Kimi

Worst Driver  Vergne

Best Team  Mercedes
Best Overtake Alonso on Magnussen
Best Moment Realizing Kimi will make a 2 stop work
DRS + Tyres Okyish, like soft degradable tyres
And the race in a sentence... Good fun, voted 7/10

#6 KingTiger

KingTiger

• 1,895 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 18:03

Good race, shame that Hamilton had that spin.

Tires were a bit too soft, didn't allow drivers to push in the middle sector.  

#7 redraven9

redraven9

• 614 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 18:10

Best Driver Alonso and Button (honourable mention to Hulk, but what he did with Bot wasn't nice)

Worst Driver  -

Best Team  Mercedes
Best Overtake Alonso on Magnussen
Best Moment Hamilton's tyres going off
DRS + Tyres I liked DRS
And the race in a sentence... Couple of nice overtakes, great atmosphere, as expected from Brazil

#8 HeadFirst

HeadFirst

• 6,121 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 18:17

Best Driver - Nico - Mistake-free under what must have been a ton of pressure.
Worst Driver - Nobody really stands out. Although that 1 mistake really hurt Hammy, otherwise he drove an excellent race.
Best Team - Mercedes - In this race, by far the best.
Best Overtake - Good battles for position, some good work coming through to the front (after pit stops) by Hammy and Nico, but my fav was Alonso fighting to get by Kimi (although the actual pass was pretty straightforward).
Best Moment - Nico winning, as it increases the drama for the final race.
DRS + Tyres
And the race in a sentence... Glad the rain held off ...... the race held my attention right to the chequered flag, which has not always been the case this year.

#9 30ft penguin

30ft penguin

• 2,522 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 18:25

Decent close racing, still not too many memorable moments.I wish there would have been some rain to spice things up.

#10 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 18:33

Rated it 5/10.

Best Driver: Kimi Räikkönen. This seemed a competent drive and he did something decent with his strategy.
Worst Driver: Perhaps I missed something that explains his finishing position, but Magnussen seemed unimpressive considering how competitive Button was.
Best Team: Mercedes, once more utterly dominant.
Best Overtake: Vettel on Räikkönen was nice and opportunistic. Better still: it wasn't a DRS pass.
Best Moment: Perhaps the first proper use of the rotating camera, a great shot of that overtake into Descida do Lago.
DRS + Tyres: Bad all around. Because of the nature of this track, DRS has a much greater influence on the race than at other events. The tyres seemed too soft, and I wonder if Pirelli maybe shouldn't have caved in so easily to the complaints by Massa et al.
And the race in a sentence: Average race, and a bit disappointing compared to previous races at this track.

#11 dreamer

dreamer

• 1,922 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 18:33

Best Driver - Rosberg, Raikkonen, Button
Worst Driver - No one. 
Best Team - Mercedes
Best Overtake - Button vs Kimi vs Vettel 
Best Moment - Kimi vs Alonso (at last I was waiting for a battle like this for the whole year)
DRS + Tyres - Never liked the Drs
And the race in a sentence... Good race 8/10

#12 917k

• 2,961 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 18:42

Funny.

I remember the ''old days'' of my F1 fandom - early 80's through the 90's. This race would have been an instant classic as battles for the lead [as well as lots of passing] were extremely rare, as were close finishes.

Now, for the ''new'' fan, it is simply ''meh''.

#13 Massa_f1

Massa_f1

• 5,630 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 19:29

It was certainly one of the better races in 2014, of which there have been very few in my opinion.

I enjoyed the Alonso Kimi battle. Something we have waited all year to see.

DRS made some battles look easy though.

7/10 Best since Canada.

#14 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 19:33

Funny.

I remember the ''old days'' of my F1 fandom - early 80's through the 90's. This race would have been an instant classic as battles for the lead [as well as lots of passing] were extremely rare, as were close finishes.

Now, for the ''new'' fan, it is simply ''meh''.

Blame DRS. It exacerbated to difference between fresh and old rubber and nearly nulified whoever tried a different strategy.

It would have been a whole different race if Rosberg and Hamilton had had to work harder to get their positions back after their first pits.

#15 SPBHM

SPBHM

• 1,068 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 19:38

some fun fights, Lewis following Rosberg for the lead was quite exciting for a while, but I think the new surface and to much tyre degradation didn't help

I expected a little more drama with the weather, but it was a good race overall I gave it a 7...

Edited by SPBHM, 09 November 2014 - 19:38.

#16 BigBadBless

BigBadBless

• 301 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 19:39

Blame DRS. It exacerbated to difference between fresh and old rubber and nearly nulified whoever tried a different strategy.

It would have been a whole different race if Rosberg and Hamilton had had to work harder to get their positions back after their first pits.

What do you mean blame it? What he's saying is a good thing- races that would have used to be seen as amazing are now average, whereas the now amazing races are unheard of in the other era.

Edited by StefanArak, 09 November 2014 - 19:39.

#17 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 20:29

I'm feeling generous and its the last race of the season for me, so I voted 7/10

Could have been a lot better, could have been worse.

#18 sabjit

sabjit

• 2,994 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 20:50

Gave it a 7/10

I'm voting 0/10 in Abu Dhabi on principle.

#19 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 20:59

Dull but I thought Lewis did a solid drive despite his mistake.

Advertisement

#20 P123

P123

• 23,938 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 21:01

Best Driver- Rosberg & Button
Worst Driver- Nobody stood out as terrible... maybe Magnussen, because he really needs to stand out for the right reasons, and didn't.
Best Team- Mercedes
Best Overtake- Don't remember 'best', but the two Ferrari's had a nice scrap
Best Moment- When LH purpled by some margin in an attempt to undercut, but alas....
DRS + Tyres- DRS not really needed, tyres ok, even with lots of blistering
And the race in a sentence... Usual Brazil- 7/10.

#21 KingTiger

KingTiger

• 1,895 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 21:14

Raikkonen getting best driver for finishing 7th, again behind his teammate.  :drunk: 

#22 OO7

OO7

• 23,405 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 21:20

I'm feeling generous and its the last race of the season for me, so I voted 7/10

Could have been a lot better, could have been worse.

Surprise surprise! :lol:

#23 tmekt

tmekt

• 1,254 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 21:40

Raikkonen getting best driver for finishing 7th, again behind his teammate. :drunk:

Would have made the struggle a bit easier if he hadn't lost an additional 5 seconds in the pits :drunk:

He finished two seconds behind Alonso ^^

Edited by tmekt, 09 November 2014 - 21:42.

#24 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 21:45

Raikkonen getting best driver for finishing 7th, again behind his teammate.  :drunk:

:up: No drive is perfect, and neither was Kimi's, but I think he did a good job with his strategy to finish so close behind Alonso. It was good to see the Ferrari's going at it side by side, and it's what I - and I'm sure many with me - were hoping for when this line-up was announced last year.

Since this is all relative I figured this race was as good as any to give Kimi the nod. None of the other drivers did something exceptional either, at least as far as I could see.

Edited by Nonesuch, 09 November 2014 - 21:46.

#25 Spillage

Spillage

• 10,300 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 21:45

Best Driver: In the race itself, probably Button, who desperately needs a seat next year, but for the whole weekend has to be Rosberg, who was top in every session. Though he didn't have a pace advantage today, he did keep calm and keep Hamilton at bay. He's showed signs of feeling the pressure recently but today was just what he needs to mess with Hamilton's head a little bit before Abu Dhabi.

Worst Driver: Not really any clangers out there. Hamilton lost the win with a mistake, but it'd be outrageous to say he was the worst driver out there. Perhaps Bottas should have recovered better than he did given that Massa cocked up twice in the pits and still cruised to third. Also very subdued drives from Magnussen and Perez, highlighted by strong performances from their respective teammates.

Best Team: Mercedes. Impressive that their advantage is as big as ever, if not so good for we non-Merc fans.  :p

Best Overtake: Perhaps Alonso on Magnussen. Some good racing out there today. Alonso also pulled off a great move on Raikkonen, as did Button and Vettel. The WDCs really showed how it's done today.

Best Moment: ..speaking of which, how cool was that Button-Raikkonen-Vettel scrap? As I said in the race thread, I was enjoying a great fight between two world champions when suddenly Vettel gets involved as well. Really great stuff. Really happy for Massa too.

DRS/Tyres: DRS looked a wee bit overpowered (do we really need two zones here?) and clearly the tyres suffered in the hotter-than-expected conditions. Seemed to improve as the track cooled though, so perhaps it worked out for the best.

And the race in a sentence: Really enjoyable afternoon's motorsport on a great track with a fabulous atmosphere. 8/10.

#26 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 21:57

Surprise surprise! :lol:

Care to elaborate what you are getting at?  Sorry, I don't get it.

#27 OO7

OO7

• 23,405 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 22:12

Care to elaborate what you are getting at?  Sorry, I don't get it.

Mercedes 1-2 in qualifying, easy Mercedes 1-2 in the race.  Previously such results (when Hamilton has won) would have had you complaining (in multiple threads, multiple times) about just how boring the race was.  Today with Nico winning you give it 7/10.  However to be fair you did mention previously that a different winner would make it a better race for you.

#28 Longtimefan

Longtimefan

• 3,170 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 22:24

Mercedes 1-2 in qualifying, easy Mercedes 1-2 in the race.  Previously such results (when Hamilton has won) would have had you complaining (in multiple threads, multiple times) about just how boring the race was.  Today with Nico winning you give it 7/10.  However to be fair you did mention previously that a different winner would make it a better race for you.

By 'different winner' I meant a non-Merc and I suspect you know that. 

I'm no fan of Nico's and tbh I don't give a damn who wins the title, him or Lewis.

I did enjoy the racing today mid-pack, especially the Button-Raikkonen and Alonso-Raikkonen battles and that is the reason I gave it 7/10.  Nothing to do with the winner whatsoever.

Edited by Longtimefan, 09 November 2014 - 22:26.

#29 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,706 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 22:25

For Brazil standards it was pretty weak TBH.  Normally expect a much more thrilling race here.

#30 Bawdy

Bawdy

• 45 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 22:32

It was one of the better races in a while with some nice wheel-to-wheel action every now and then, especially Button-Kimi-Vettel and later Kimi-Alonso. Was nice to see Kimi on form after quite a while. Also Rosberg winning here is gonna make things interesting for the final, hopefully the title won't be decided by double points though.

Overall a quite entertaining race I think, so 8/10 it is.

#31 OO7

OO7

• 23,405 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 22:37

By 'different winner' I meant a non-Merc and I suspect you know that. 

I'm no fan of Nico's and tbh I don't give a damn who wins the title, him or Lewis.

I did enjoy the racing today mid-pack, especially the Button-Raikkonen and Alonso-Raikkonen battles and that is the reason I gave it 7/10.  Nothing to do with the winner whatsoever.

We have had many races with excellent mid-field battles though.

#32 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 22:52

What do you mean blame it? What he's saying is a good thing- races that would have used to be seen as amazing are now average, whereas the now amazing races are unheard of in the other era.

Im not disagreeing, but explaining why people were unimpressed.

#33 desmoulins

desmoulins

• 57 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 23:02

Great to see all the 'mentions in dispatches' for Button.

Ron Dennis and fat Eric - what the f##k are you doing in letting him go?

#34 SenorSjon

SenorSjon

• 17,613 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:01

I'm still very bothered by the camera work during the GP. It was always trying to get a sponsor on a runoff in view and thus sometimes going in the opposite direction of the cars. I watched MotoGP a few hours earlier and you almost could see the riders in the eyes down the main straight.

#35 SpreadingSalmonella

SpreadingSalmonella

• 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:58

Best Driver Raikkonen

Worst Driver  no one

Best Team  Mercedes
Best Overtake Button vs Raikkonen
Best Moment Kimis tac
DRS + Tyres ...
And the race in a sentence... rate 8

#36 Nigol

Nigol

• 2,744 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:18

How can Raikkönen be the best driver? That's pretty delusional.

#37 desmoulins

desmoulins

• 57 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:28

His least poor performance of the year maybe?

#38 Nigol

Nigol

• 2,744 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:33

His least poor performance of the year maybe?

Not so sure. Got beaten by Alonso and not his best result either (4th in Spa).

#39 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:47

It's unfortunate that you didn't share your list. As I tried to explain above, I think there are various reasons why Räikkönen's race stood out among the rest, even if the result isn't going into the record books.

Button also had a good race, as did Vettel. Alonso did good to defend against the Red Bulls in the early stages - but none of them did something really special that makes them the obvious choice for driver of the day, at least in my opinion. Räikkönen on the other hand did a good job with his alternative strategy, and had a few nice clean scraps with other drivers, including the long awaited and much hoped for battle with Alonso. :up:

Advertisement

#40 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,205 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:05

Because he looked better than Alonso for most of Q except Q3 and would've beaten him in the race except for a pit-stop malfunction team-side that cost him about five seconds, in a car with which he hasn't been comfortable all year? Either that, or Alonso sucks and it's no big deal KR nearly beat him in such circumstances...  ;)

But I'd give the nod to NR either way; dude was a champ this weekend.