- - - - -

Christian and Geri up the tree...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 DampMongoose

DampMongoose

• 2,258 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:05

Having seen the announcement in The Times,  congratulations to Christian Horner on his engagement to Geri Halliwell.  I wonder who'll be best man?

"Christian, I've lost the rings!"

"C'mon Seb this is silly!"

Assuming Geri makes it past the first 3 months of her engagement... unlike last time. 

Edited by DampMongoose, 11 November 2014 - 10:18.

Advertisement

#2 tifosiMac

tifosiMac

• 7,360 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:20

I feel more sorry for his ex wife who he dumped shortly after giving birth to their daughter. Geri has been hanging around the Red Bull garage for years and it seemed she ultimately split up his marriage after allegedly pursuing Horner. My own daughter is the same age as his and I couldn't imagine walking out, especially as in this case his wife apparently had no idea he was having an affair. I think this is the darker side of Christian Horner and something that makes you re-evaluate your own perceptions of his character away from the track.

#3 DampMongoose

DampMongoose

• 2,258 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:35

I feel more sorry for his ex wife who he dumped shortly after giving birth to their daughter. Geri has been hanging around the Red Bull garage for years and it seemed she ultimately split up his marriage after allegedly pursuing Horner. My own daughter is the same age as his and I couldn't imagine walking out, especially as in this case his wife apparently had no idea he was having an affair. I think this is the darker side of Christian Horner and something that makes you re-evaluate your own perceptions of his character away from the track.

He wasn't married, although they were together for 14 years.  His partner had two other children (now adults) from her previous marriage also.  I've never been much of a fan of Horner as he always comes across as somewhat smug... a few other traits can probably be added to that.

Don't think much of her either, they probably deserve each other...

#4 superden

superden

• 4,185 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:53

And I care because ... ?

#5 Elba

Elba

• 318 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:57

LOL love the holier than thou sentiment  :well:

Dunno what it has to do with F1 but good luck Christian and Gerri anyway  :up:

#6 Amphicar

Amphicar

• 2,823 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:07

As long as it's what they want - what they really, really want...

#7 Rob

Rob

• 9,223 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:09

I thought this was supposed to be a racing forum.

#8 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 6,966 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:23

Im just imagining a get together between Lewis and Christian..The girls talking about their music **** and the boys talking car shiite!.:lol:

#9 Lotus53B

Lotus53B

• 4,163 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:33

The girls talking about their music **** and the boys talking car shiite!. :lol:

I think these words are in the wrong order.

But the best of luck to them - it can't be easy having a relationship when cameras are always following you.

#10 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,534 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:43

I wonder if somewhere out there there's a mod on a celebrity gossip board closing down a thread about Red Bull tyre strategy?