* * * * * 2 votes

NASCAR Finale Shootout Oh Shit Denny Hamlin Just Won

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#1 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 17:17

Ok, final race of the season. We have a Chase thread but no opener.

THIS CANNOT BE! TRADITION MUST BE UPHELD!

redneck.jpg

So... after the inaugural race which had Dale Jr. take a sardine

jrarmshelf-copy.jpg

(but it's not important because he is not in the final four)

and a dominant season by Brad Keselowski

51984741e6bc31e73acb83859fe2259c.jpg

(again. not important because he is not in the final four),

Jeff Gordon

Jeff-Gordon-Wrestler.jpg

(he ALMOST made into the final four)

and a couple other drivers except Marcos Ambrose who signed for Penske to race in... Australia,

ambrose.jpg

(You guessed it right! He is not in the final four either.)

the season has been filled with the usual drama that has become a staple of Nascar.

8wlmr.jpg

0.jpg

Welcome back!

But why keep things trackwise? Let's get rid of some TV broadcasters too!

tumblr_m7077a2dL71rb1sd7o1_500.jpg

No more TNT! No more ESPN!

hYh5q.gif

Ah! Take that Bernie! I bet you can't troll us here on AS forum the way Nascar does!

Oh wait...

1415971202779_wps_1_Alexandre_Pato_BRA_F

0.jpg

Welcome back!

Nascar proceded to enforce their sparkling brand new lets get Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr. in the run while screwing Johnson Chase system. A system that begins with 16 hopefull winners that get's trimmed down until we got 4 epic finalists!

4-cats.jpg

(make up the subtitle as you see fit, Logano is the one with the fur)

So next i will present to you the 4 amazing race winning.. er... oh.. I mean... 3 amazing race winners and 1 guy who got made his way by bump-curving Kyle Larson.

0.jpg

Welcome back!

Today's hopefulls come from various teams and constructors (there is only 3 now, so Chevy get's an extra car, they have also clinched the obscure manufacturers championship)

But instead of searching for the most idiotic poses we will stick to what we see 99% of time: the cars!

Candidate number 1:

#11 DENNY HAMLIN

denny_hamlin_2013_toyota_camry.b21g3dzn3

The lesser known driver of Joe Gibbs Racing decided sometime ago that it was time to follow up the example of his most reputed team mate to gain some exposure. Unfortunatley he choose to follow Kyle Busch, which caused Denny Hamlin to do the very last thing anyone does in Nascar which is to speak up his mind and go as far as to say the Gen 6 car was no good.

Naturally young Denny had to be sanitized, but one year later he is clean and ready to give Toyota it's very first title of some significance. I mean... anyone can win the World Endurance Championship right? Denny will be assisted by Matt Kenseth, better known has the man who demonstrated the Rosberg Method could work in america, and all time fan favourite Kyle Busch who will atempt to lure all hatred onto himself, provided he doesnt zero into Brad.

Candidate Number 2:

#4 Kevin Harvick

Kevin+Harvick+Daytona+International+Spee

Poor Kevin will probably go down in history as the sole man to replace Dale Earnhardt but never to be given the honour to use the iconic number 3. But to be fair, we havent seen much of it either. Anyway, after many years of being just the driver that was 0,1 less than Dale, Kevin got himself a round single digit number, a new team and some refurbished mojo. We are not sure if Kevin managed to wear a firesuit yet, but if he wins there are some odds he may open one tonight...

Powered by the soon to be banned powers of a well known beer that is actually of Czech origin (you thought the Lotus War was bad? google the Budweiser one out!) Kevin has been the flagship of the soon to be Ferrari B Team (provided Haas doesn't chicken out) taking victories and becoming the sole finalist to earn that right by... well.. winning race. Assisting Kevin are a super team led by the police known Tony Stewart and Kurt Busch who will be also assisted by the stealthy Danica Patrick who will conceal herself in the top 30 waiting for the moment to strike.

0.jpg

Welcome back!

Onto Candidate number 3:

#22 JOEY LOGANO

Joey+Logano+55th+Daytona+500+Day+1+6hNl6

In typical young gun fashion, Joey Logano managed to outsmart team leader Brad Keselowski and squeeze his way into the final four. But there is more, Joey has actually come from the Toyota camp and is looking to show people that like his boss Brad he is not just some funny looking bully. One thing is for sure, that yellow Penzoil scheme still has some Mears magic in it.

In his bid to the top of the world, Joey will be assisted by the mammoth racing corporation Team Penske, head by it's captain Roger and aided on-track by the now turned villain Brad Kesewolski who is already preparing his tweeter for a rain of trolling to confuse his enemies. Don't mess up with the beagle penske boys!

Candidate number 4:

#31 RYAN NEWMAN

Ryan+Newman+Daytona+International+Speedw

Ryan is a dangerous man. His harmless looks and meaningless sponsors often make his enemies lower their guard. This is the moment when he strikes and when he strikes fear takes over the hosts in Nascar, even Kyle Busch seeks shelter. It was thanks to this tactics that Newman beated Jimmy Johnson to the ROY throphy and it was thanks to this same tactics that Newman is today a man for the Cup.

But it was not always like this, there was a time when Newman won races, but that same year he met a man of extreme cunning who stole the crown by having a single win. So Newman learned from this mistake and backtracked to his old ways of sneaking. He believes he has now perfected the Rosberg Method into the more refined Newman Method. He will linger behind, bidding his time for the right moment, and when Joey and Kevin tangle up and Denny speeds on pitroad Newman will move up and take the crown while Jeff Gordon takes another useless win.

Newman needs no assistants on track, his brain alone is his ally and you can be sure he will psyche all his adversaries with his huge happy smile before the race.

0.jpg

Welcome to the final segment

In order to watch this historic event you can tune into ESPN proper, local broadcasters and the premium service provided by our nigerian perpretators. Operators have opened a Cayman bank on Sunday so that you have no trouble having your checks and cards charged imediatley.

As bonus, all viewers will get an extra jinx! That's 2 jinxes free for today! Happy jinxing! You can purchase aditional jinxes on our caterhamf1 nigerian store.

Rules for jinxing:

- you cannot jinx while Nicole or Rusty are talking, you can jinx while Brad is talking, actually, you can jinx Brad rightaway

- Nicole and Rusty are free game once the password "This could be Junior's day/night/race" is spoken

- jinxing on pitroad is allowed, you can also jinx the track crew and equipment

- Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski cannot have more than 5 active jinxes at once, there is no limit for dormant jinxes and you can swap jinxes as you please

- Danica cannot be jinxed on lap 1

- Kyle Larson is allowed to be jinxed after half-way, penalties for not doing so will result in Dale Jr. getting wrecked!

- Jeff Gordon has no jinx limit if he is leading with 10 laps to go

- getting Tony Stewart, or any SHR driver below the top 30 does not spend the jinx

- Jimmy Johnson can only be jinxed for mechanical failures, pit crew screwups is considered mechanical since it involves brain and limb failure

See you next year!

the-end-of-social.jpg

Edited by Red17, 16 November 2014 - 17:36.

Advertisement

#2 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,164 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 18:53

Jesus, Red, this post is just inhumanely awesome.

#3 Andrew Hope

Andrew Hope

• 7,911 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 18:56

Harvick, Logano, Hamlin and Newman... if only all four of them could lose.

#4 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,164 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:06

It makes me sick to my goddamn soul, but, gah, I hope (?) Harvick wins the title.

Bleah.

#5 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,723 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:13

Joey Logano has at least been a frontrunner this year. The championship should really go to a Penske car.

However if Newman wins the title will watch every one of NASCAR's champion promos.

#6 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,185 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:15

I'm not posting here

#7 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 8,681 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:16

I'm not posting here

Yes you do 

#8 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,723 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:18

Besides, how much of an outsider do you have to be when on the day of your championship win, Google returns with this:

W6hUCgJ.png

#9 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker

• 14,088 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:20

Howdy y'all how's everyone doing?

I'll watch only the first two and a half hours of the race!  I'm trying to decide which radio to listen to of the four finalists.  I'm thinking Harvick will be the most entertaining.  What do you guys think?

#10 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,185 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:25

I'm not posting here..

Jp

#11 discover23

discover23

• 9,302 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:29

What that hell happened to Kyle ? He was supposed to be winning titles left and right.

Hamlin and Harvick have been so close to winning the cup that I think either one of those two deserve to win this thing the most.

I am surprised by Logano . Is Penske now top notch and as good as HMS? Good for Roger .. I hope he wins it.. That would be 2 cups in 3 years I think..

There is still a 25% chance for this experiment to fail.. The 31 should just blow an engine early on or something.

I will be watching..

Edited by discover23, 16 November 2014 - 19:30.

#12 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,164 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:34

Is it me or do the four finalists all have the personality of a bag of flour.

#13 sopa

sopa

• 12,230 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:35

However if Newman wins the title will watch every one of NASCAR's champion promos.

Mr Expert Consistent has outfoxed everyone. The Great Champion, who proves that for Winning you do Not need to Win! Just play it smart, be Invisible, let everyone else trip over themselves, and Then, strike hard but silently, when no-one notices! The Grand Strategy to reach the Ultimate Goal! You do not need to win during the journey - the only thing that matters is that you have won in the End!

In the season finale the other three contenders were too busy taking each other out, while Ryan Newman geniously slipped past the chequered flag to take 12th position, while others were wrecked or outside Top20. Once the flag was taken, no-one was even sure who had won. People had forgotten Newman was even in the race.

But then the reality has dawned on everyone. "Oh, wait a moment..." Yeah, look at that man there - sitting in 12th position. He is the champion! Did you forget about him? But he beat you all by not showing up and creating an illusion you must race against other guys, but not him!

Edited by sopa, 16 November 2014 - 19:39.

#14 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:36

I'm not posting here..
Jp

Nooo, que va... It's just your cat playing with the keyboard.
Pretty smart cat: not a single spelling mistake :p

#15 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker

• 14,088 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:38

Is it me or do the four finalists all have the personality of a bag of flour.

KH has lots of personality.

#16 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,164 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:40

KH has lots of personality.

If you say so.

Then he can be black flour.

#17 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,723 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:47

Ryan Newman is from the Midwest, so he can be Corn Flour. Denny Hamlin has suffered several injuries during his career so he is Fortified Flour. Joey Logano is about a generation younger than his rivals, so he's the Flower Child.

#18 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,723 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 19:57

Howdy y'all how's everyone doing?

I'll watch only the first two and a half hours of the race!  I'm trying to decide which radio to listen to of the four finalists.  I'm thinking Harvick will be the most entertaining.  What do you guys think?

I think Harvick will verbally kick ass in there.

And it's good to see you OLB! We've missed you a lot.

#19 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,723 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:05

SOMEONE GET THOSE CARS OUT OF THAT AMERICAN FLAG BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT

Edited by Risil, 16 November 2014 - 20:05.

Advertisement

#20 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:06

There is also the underlying irony that Newman can still get inline with the system by actually winning the race. But I think that astronomical alignment already took place for Will Power.

#21 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,164 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:07

I don't know what a week all of you had, but mine was born from the darkest pits of Satan's taint. At least the fortunes kind of changed from last night.

Harvick please win.

God, it hurts to say that.

#22 Crafty

Crafty

• 4,151 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:08

Evening all  :wave:

Worst part of the off season ? no awesome NASCAR posts like Reds.

Still want Newman to take it, just to see NASCAR rulemakers heads explode.

#23 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,185 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:12

Meow.

#24 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,723 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:16

Meow.

Premier Sports wants me to adopt a Snow Leopard. Maybe you can help?

#25 nosecone

nosecone

• 1,938 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:18

Meow.

Please like that post. Make this post the most liked post of the thread!

#26 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,723 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:18

Possible Sprint Cup champion Denny Hamlin: "We haven't had the fastest car this year, no doubt about that."

And they call NASCAR the masters of self-promotion?

Edited by Risil, 16 November 2014 - 20:19.

#27 Mila

Mila

• 8,564 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:20

"Drivers and dipshit, start your engines!" :)

Edited by Mila, 16 November 2014 - 20:22.

#28 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,723 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:23

Jimmie Johnson's double visor!

Edited by Risil, 16 November 2014 - 20:24.

#29 nosecone

nosecone

• 1,938 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:27

Harvick is fast :cat:

#30 August

August

• 3,277 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:29

Go Ryan! Win the title but not the race!

#31 Magoo

Magoo

• 3,717 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:31

Epic OP, Red 

#32 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,185 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:31

God bless the Irish mafia

#33 Marc Sproule

Marc Sproule

• 984 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:32

i'm one of the spectators dressed as an empty seat.

#34 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,185 posts

Yellow

#35 nosecone

nosecone

• 1,938 posts

Dat feeling when there is a caution but you don't know why...

edit: ok reason's clear now. somebody remembers the fox sports tv camera cable from the charlotte night race last year?

Edited by nosecone, 16 November 2014 - 20:35.

#36 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 8,681 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:35

So if all four contenders are viped out in The Big One, will they reinstate Jeff Gordon in the Chase to win the title? 

#37 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:38

Newman closing on Larson.

#38 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,723 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 20:41

The new Chase format would be a bit more fun if they held the finale at a little bastard of a track like Martinsville or Darlington. Or better still Road America. Still in November. Give them snowploughs.

Edited by Risil, 16 November 2014 - 20:41.

#39 PaulC2K

PaulC2K

• 363 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:00

FINALLY past Harvick, dont fancy Dennys chances if it takes him so many laps and attempts to be able to make a pass when the opportunity comes, when #22 just flies inside of both in 1 go etc

and were yellow when the pits are due

Edited by PaulC2K, 16 November 2014 - 21:06.

Advertisement

#40 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:04

The new Chase format would be a bit more fun if they held the finale at a little bastard of a track like Martinsville or Darlington. Or better still Road America. Still in November. Give them snowploughs.

My dream: off-camber oval

#41 PaulC2K

PaulC2K

• 363 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:07

My dream: off-camber oval

Mine: 10+ corner oval... some right corners, no banking, grass/tarmac either side. :clap:

#42 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:10

It's only a few laps out of a thousand, but it's pretty damn cool having three of the contenders fighting for position.

#43 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:12

Look who crept up to 6th

#44 nosecone

nosecone

• 1,938 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:14

Newman moving up. Want to see the faces of the Nascar guys

#45 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,185 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:15

It's a good race

#46 PaulC2K

PaulC2K

• 363 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:21

yup, really cant argue with how its shaping up, all 4 in the top 6, only JJ in the middle of them all. Long way to go though, but theres a proper race there.

Hopefully grab another spot down the pit lane too (which we'll lose 3-6 laps into the run).

#47 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,164 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:23

It's a good race

It really is.

#48 nosecone

nosecone

• 1,938 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:25

My nigerian just switched to NHRA

#49 Mila

Mila

• 8,564 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:35

My Rolex just switched to Bloomberg. :)

Edited by Mila, 16 November 2014 - 21:35.

#50 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,185 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 21:38

My nigerian just switched to NHRA

XyqcSNG.png

Jp

Edited by jonpollak, 16 November 2014 - 21:41.