Photo

Images being lost on TNF

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:11

Recently, I did some research on David Venables when I learned that he had passed away...I remembered posting two Fairman Riley pics for David and went back to the post to check that they were still there (Nope! despite the source images still being where I left them on photobucket)

Attached are the new image links and the old...I wonder if either Photobouquet or TNF have changed how image links are presented?

Newly uploaded from Photobucket

RileyFairmanimg214.jpg

RileyFairmanimg213.jpg

2009 uploaded from Photobucket (may need to right click to look at properties)

RileyFairmanimg213.jpg

RileyFairmanimg214.jpg

Edited by 275 GTB-4, 25 November 2014 - 23:13.

Advertisement

#2 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,165 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 22:42

It's a Photobucket issue as that's the URL of the photos. When you link a photo to the forum using the image function, you are not uploading images to the forum itself, but linking images hosted by another site. This is to say you would have the same issue regardless of forum you might post them to.

Did you upload the photos to Photobucket yourself? If so, it's a bit odd if they're removing your photos for you, unless they have simply changed URL. If not, they could just have been removed by the person that did upload them.

#3 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:11

It's a Photobucket issue as that's the URL of the photos. When you link a photo to the forum using the image function, you are not uploading images to the forum itself, but linking images hosted by another site. This is to say you would have the same issue regardless of forum you might post them to.

Did you upload the photos to Photobucket yourself? If so, it's a bit odd if they're removing your photos for you, unless they have simply changed URL. If not, they could just have been removed by the person that did upload them.

Not sure I follow you...seems odd that any free hoster would suddenly change there linking code - retrospectively.

I have also noticed a few other photo hosters are similarly effected (imageshack etc)...just look at the zillions of white box's with crosses in them on the forum.

Yes, I upload photos and no, photobucket have not removed these particular images (see my post above)...I simply grabbed the image link and re-posted it...

#4 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,165 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:16

I think I have just deduced what's happened. If you compare to two URLs, I've bolded the difference.

2009: img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/9YaTaH/RileyFairmanimg213.jpg

2014: img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/9YaTaH/MOTORSPORT/RileyFairmanimg213.jpg

You must have reorganised your photos into a new folder after 2009, and that would invalidate your old link. In effect, you changed the link yourself.

#5 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 23:21

Ouch! and thanks...

Edited by 275 GTB-4, 25 November 2014 - 23:22.

#6 hassanov

hassanov

• 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:25

good post.Thanks