* * * * * 2 votes

FIA World Endurance Championship - 2015 news and Speculation thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
710 replies to this topic

#1 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 00:02

With the 2014 season now over I thought it might be worth having a thread where all news updates, gossip and driver signings can be posted. With Nissan entering the LMP1 field next year, Porsche confirming they will run a 3rd car at Le Mans and the retirement of Tom Kristensen, there are plenty of seats up for grabs in LMP1 machinery (as well as a possible seat in the championship winning car).

13943752502_4a022a5877_q.jpg

Hopefully there will be a few more entrants in the LMP1-L category to give Rebellion something to race, (and after a troubled season will the Lotus car make it back for next year?) There is also the possibility of having Brabhams crowdfunded car join LMP2. 

2015 FIA World Endurance Championship Provisional Calendar**

27 / 28 March :                     Prologue Castellet 

12 April :                               6 Hours of Silverstone

02 May :                               6 Hours of Spa

31 May :                               Tests Le Mans

13/14 June :                         24h du Mans

30 August :                           6 Hours of Nurburging 

19 September :                     6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas ( Lone Star le Mans)

11 October :                           6 Hours of Fuji

1 November:                          6 Hours of Shanghai

21 November :                       6 Hours of Bahrain

** Subject to clarification by the FIA World Motor Sport Council

There are discussions about a change to qualifying for next year - instead of taking the quickest 2 laps each from 2 drivers, it will just be the fastest lap from each of 2 drivers that are counted. 

(Tickets for Silverstone went on sale today  :clap: http://www.silversto...onship/overview (1st 2000 tickets get passes to the Sunday pit walk)

Advertisement

#2 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,109 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 00:19

I'm thinking Nissan might shoehorn a couple of Japanese drivers in. Possibly even have one car all Japanese. This is what they and Toyota have done some time ago in the past.

Gene might or might not get another bite at the Audi apple.

Is Conway in for 2015? If Conway is in at Toyota then who is out?

Porsche looks likely to add Alonso to team up with Hulkenberg and then a third driver from one of their GT programs. OR, they might even do: 1st car Webber, 2nd car Alonso, 3rd car Hulkenberg.

So where does Button fit in to all of this? Who knows.

I hope for more competitors at LMP1-L, but sadly both the Lotus and the crowdfunded Brabham do not seem what is really needed. They seem like they would have a hard time racing even an LMP2 car.

Edited by Dolph, 02 December 2014 - 00:22.

#3 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 00:24

Is Conway in for 2015? If Conway is in at Toyota then who is out?

Well there have been rumours that Lapierre maybe going to join Nissan in one of their cars. (I think that was mentioned on the radio Le Mans commentary)

(possibly Sarrazin as well??? according to this french website anyway - http://www.autonewsi...tes-138328.html) I have no idea how reliable that site is though?

Edited by Exb, 02 December 2014 - 00:31.

#4 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 43,951 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 00:41

Ed Carpenter is looking elsewhere so draw your own conclusions.

#5 Wingcommander

Wingcommander

• 1,469 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:09

Rebellion must be wondering why are they wasting all that money to drive around and racing no one. Only showing on TV when they're being lapped. I haven't heard that there will be any new privateers in LMP1, but I suppose the "Lotus" might show up. Only God and Kolles know why.

#6 aramos

aramos

• 1,498 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:19

I feel for Porsche that their first win was in many ways overlooked due to Mark Webber's serious crash, but as a team they seem to be growing stronger and stronger with each passing race. In normal altitude without the Toyota v8 hampered they are still around 1 second per lap slower on average, but that is a margin that can easily be closed in the off season, particularly with their expense and know how. I suspect they will emerge as a genuine pace leader.

Audi need to worry a touch with the balance of performance unlikely to swing their way and internal competition from Porsche essentially leap frogging them in their first year in the sport. I wonder if the gossip of Audi chasing Formula 1 eventually will play out if they do decide their job is done in WEC. Considering Le Mans could be effectively renamed the Audi 24 hours of Le Mans their money has been well spent, might be time to look elsewhere. 

#7 FPV GTHO

FPV GTHO

• 2,393 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:28

If Renault stays in F1 alongside Nissans LMP effort, does it make much difference in comparison having Porsche and Audi compete against each other albeit with different engine technologies? IMO there's nothing for Audi to gain from F1 that Porsche isn't already targeting in LMP, so they may as well stick to the diesel or nothing.

#8 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 11,982 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:58

The Silverstone tickets for 2015 went on sale with first 2000 getting pit walk access. I cannot say I'm surprised if I'm honest. I have done the pit walk there the last 3 years it's been running and it has become more and more popular each time, and this year it was almost impossible to move around the Porsche garage. I must say, I thought they would have to start charging rather than take the first 2000 tickets so this is an interesting move.

It does, however, show that there is is increased interest in the WEC...

#9 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 11,982 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:03

I feel for Porsche that their first win was in many ways overlooked due to Mark Webber's serious crash, but as a team they seem to be growing stronger and stronger with each passing race. In normal altitude without the Toyota v8 hampered they are still around 1 second per lap slower on average, but that is a margin that can easily be closed in the off season, particularly with their expense and know how. I suspect they will emerge as a genuine pace leader.

I wonder how much Toyota will improve? With the championships to show for their efforts whats to say they won't get an increased budget or something. I'm sure Porsche will make serious improvements with their new 919 (?) or whatever they decide call it, so it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

#10 FerrariV12

FerrariV12

• 934 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:05

Well there have been rumours that Lapierre maybe going to join Nissan in one of their cars. (I think that was mentioned on the radio Le Mans commentary)

(possibly Sarrazin as well??? according to this french website anyway - http://www.autonewsi...tes-138328.html) I have no idea how reliable that site is though?

Last I heard Sarrazin was staying at Toyota - I'm sure I heard during the Interlagos (or maybe Bahrain) commentary something along the lines of Nissan were chasing him and were "very disappointed" to learn he was staying put. Lapierre is probably more of a possibility, I do get the feeling that Conway is almost certain for Toyota full-time, whether that's slotting in alongside Davidson/Buemi or more shuffling of their driver pack going on.

Also saw a story on DSC that SARD (who run in Super GT and who I remember being involved in Group C back in the day) have plans to run an LMP2 with a "Toyota-badged" engine, probably the Judd V8 (isn't that based off BMW bits? but anyway). Completely independent of the Cologne-based LMP1 factory.

http://www.dailyspor...branded-v8.html

Not seeing where Button fits in to be honest, maybe Nissan, or Toyota if Nissan do grab more than one of their drivers. Audi is of course a possibility to replace TK but then if Audi do what they did with McNish they'll promote one of the #3 (guess it'll be #9 next year?) drivers and then probably Harry Tincknell taking their place.

#11 BRG

BRG

• 25,883 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:19

I wonder how much Toyota will improve? With the championships to show for their efforts whats to say they won't get an increased budget or something. I'm sure Porsche will make serious improvements with their new 919 (?) or whatever they decide call it, so it will be interesting to see who comes out on top.

According to Motor Sport magazine, Porsche are building a new tub incorporating what they have learnt this year, but the car won't look much different and will still be a 919 Hybrid.  Toyota and Audi are probably just refining their current cars.

However, both Porsche and Toyota seem to be moving up from the 6 to the 8 mega-joule category, while Audi might move from 2 to 4mj. Audi are now rather behind on hybrid technology compared to the others.  It remains to be seen what Nissan will use although they have promised 'innovative solutions' so I imagine they will be 8mj from the outset.. 

Edited by BRG, 02 December 2014 - 11:19.

#12 ezequiel

ezequiel

• 2,790 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:41

I hope for more competitors at LMP1-L, but sadly both the Lotus and the crowdfunded Brabham do not seem what is really needed. They seem like they would have a hard time racing even an LMP2 car.

We shouldn't be surprised about Lotus Kolles, they weren't able to build a competitive P2 car in the first place, let alone a P1 machine.

#13 Imateria

Imateria

• 2,424 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:32

My understanding is that the LMP1-L designation wont be around next year. It was never a separate class and the ACO think it's a bit confusing now, so it'll be just LMP1. I can't really see the point of Rebellion racing there, they're an excellent team being made to look silly because it's impossible for a privateer to compete with the manufacturers.

#14 Peat

Peat

• 8,799 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 14:43

I can't really see the point of Rebellion racing there, they're an excellent team being made to look silly because it's impossible for a privateer to compete with the manufacturers.

+1. It's a beautiful car, but it just makes me angry thinking what a waste it all is. 

I'm looking forward to next year already. Plan is to attend Silverstone & Spa. 

I have a bad feeling about Nissan not being up to snuff. The program seems to be arse-about-face and NISMO's whole game for the last 5 years has been PR bluster. Sincerely hope i'm wrong though. Are they confirmed for Silverstone do we know?

I also hope to see a bit more variety in GTE. Come on Corvette. Pretty please?

#15 Imateria

Imateria

• 2,424 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 14:51

^My understanding is that they're likely to run at least 1 car full season but nothing has been decided yet. At least the car is out and testing though, but I get the feeling that all these reports of it being a radical design is more PR bluster than anything, Panoz proved 15 years ago that you can produce a competitive front engined LMP1 car but you will need to get creative with the packaging, the old Panoz LMP-1 had it's gearbox slung out beyond the rear wheels which wasn't ideal.

LMP2 looks like it could be interesting. Strakka to finally get the Dome S103 to a race, and given all the testing miles they've done I'd expect it to be competitive. ESM with a couple of the new HPD's, SMP's own car. Is their a new ORECA coming as well?

#16 Blundle

Blundle

• 104 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 17:41

Audi seem to like to promote from within but the stakes are getting higher in the WEC now and they’re by no means nailed on for a win or even the podium at Le Mans. Therefore I wonder if they’ve decide that they need to break with recent practice and bring a real big name to generate some publicity and to try and drive the team forward. As good as the drivers in the No 3 Audi are they aren’t Jenson Button.

#17 Richard T

Richard T

• 2,108 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 18:32

NissanUSA just posted this on Twitter

Is that January or February in US-format  :confused:

B32Vx1NCMAINQCL.jpg

#18 Imateria

Imateria

• 2,424 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 18:45

The public launch of the new car and I think it's driver line up was scheduled for February so I guess thats Feb 1st. And who's helmet is that, Michael Krumms?

Audi seem to like to promote from within but the stakes are getting higher in the WEC now and they’re by no means nailed on for a win or even the podium at Le Mans. Therefore I wonder if they’ve decide that they need to break with recent practice and bring a real big name to generate some publicity and to try and drive the team forward. As good as the drivers in the No 3 Audi are they aren’t Jenson Button.

Jenson's never driven an LMP in his life so as much as I would love to see him at Le Mans and reckon he'd do a very good job, he's an unknown quantity whereas Bononomi has already proven to be very quick in an R18, so he's my tip to replace Kristensen.

Edited by Imateria, 02 December 2014 - 18:46.

#19 Peat

Peat

• 8,799 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 19:33

Pretty sure that is an all-red version of Mardenbrough's. It's got a GT Academy logo and also painted by 'Nippy Designs' who have done his previous ones.

Advertisement

#20 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:11

My understanding is that the LMP1-L designation wont be around next year. It was never a separate class and the ACO think it's a bit confusing now, so it'll be just LMP1. I can't really see the point of Rebellion racing there, they're an excellent team being made to look silly because it's impossible for a privateer to compete with the manufacturers.

I don't see the point of privateers entering LMP1 at all really... as there's no way they can reach the technology level of the manufacturers... Rebellion are a decent team and all, but they could've still built their own car and then race in the increasingly competitive LMP2 and prove themselves properly there instead.

With ESM, Strakka, SMP and Oak all running 'works' or own-built cars in the series next season, Rebellion would have someone to race...

Edited by DanardiF1, 03 December 2014 - 01:13.

#21 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 10,082 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:13

^My understanding is that they're likely to run at least 1 car full season but nothing has been decided yet. At least the car is out and testing though, but I get the feeling that all these reports of it being a radical design is more PR bluster than anything, Panoz proved 15 years ago that you can produce a competitive front engined LMP1 car but you will need to get creative with the packaging, the old Panoz LMP-1 had it's gearbox slung out beyond the rear wheels which wasn't ideal.

LMP2 looks like it could be interesting. Strakka to finally get the Dome S103 to a race, and given all the testing miles they've done I'd expect it to be competitive. ESM with a couple of the new HPD's, SMP's own car. Is their a new ORECA coming as well?

LMP2 does look great for next season, it sucked a bit this year with just a few cars (especially when the Le Mans entry is so great and so competitive) so to have more full-time entries and such variety is great.

Yes I believe there's a new Oreca coming as well... 

#22 king_crud

king_crud

• 7,964 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:38

why was LMP2 so weak, because the euro championship?

#23 huisne

huisne

• 175 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 15:07

10 days left until we will announce our plans for 2015. Stay tuned.

So they'll probably announce TK's replacement in 10 days? And maybe some "surprises" that people have suggested? 

#24 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,328 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 15:33

why was LMP2 so weak, because the euro championship?

Simon Dolan, the businessman who owns, runs and drives for Le Mans winners Jota, said that the world series costs around three times as much without getting anything extra in return. Big/luxury car manufacturers (and their sponsors) certainly find it valuable to race in Shanghai and Bahrain, but not so much the privateers.

And then there's features like the two-day weekends (practice on Sat, qualify and race on Sun) that gentleman (i.e. has a day job) drivers find very attractive.

However if the WEC grid becomes so full of LMP2 entries that only the outright ELMS winner has a shot at a Le Mans entry, I'm sure a lot of Euro-only teams would reconsider.

Edited by Risil, 07 December 2014 - 15:36.

#25 Maikel0230

Maikel0230

• 805 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 15:37

I'm not expert when it comes to the driver market in WEC but I've got a feeling Laurens Vanthoor is being considered by Audi. He has been an Audi worksdriver for quite some time now, and he he hasn't done to shabby.

Just a thought I had this afternoon.

Edited by Maikel0230, 07 December 2014 - 15:58.

#26 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,328 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 15:45

Good shout. Marc Lieb and Romain Dumas made their names as GT drivers before taking up drives with the prototype grandees, so I hope they've tested him.

If I were part of Audi and feeling enterprising, I'd see if I could place him in a WEC Porsche 911 and have him build experience for drive in the future. Rumour is that Porsche have tested all their GTE drivers for the Hulkenberg 919, so there might be a vacancy.

#27 FerrariV12

FerrariV12

• 934 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 16:02

I'm not expert when it comes to the driver market in WEC but I've got a feeling Laurens Vanthoor is being considered by Audi. He has been a Audi worksdriver for quite some time now, and he he hasn't done to shabby.

Just a thought I had this afternoon.

I remember that name from when he came in for a one off Superstars race at Zolder I think and smashed the field, but let up to aid teammate Gianni Morbidelli's title push. I believe he's going to test a DTM Audi in the near future so it might be he heads there instead, but we'll see.

#28 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,930 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 16:50

So they'll probably announce TK's replacement in 10 days? And maybe some "surprises" that people have suggested? 

Last time they trailed some big news, they announced a spec TT series. Let's hope it's more exciting than that.  ;)

#29 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,109 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 21:34

I think Audi will be strong again. Their strategy of running simpler technology (less things can break) and more cars than others is a pretty solid one.

#30 ninetyzero

ninetyzero

• 706 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 21:44

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but is there any reason for all the races (besides Le Mans obviously) being 6 hours? Wouldn't it be better if there was a variety of race lengths like I believe the old World Sportscar Championship was? Or am I just being silly? :well:

Edited by ninetyzero, 07 December 2014 - 21:44.

#31 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,109 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 22:02

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but is there any reason for all the races (besides Le Mans obviously) being 6 hours? Wouldn't it be better if there was a variety of race lengths like I believe the old World Sportscar Championship was? Or am I just being silly? :well:

I think it makes sense to optimise your car to one race length - obviously Le Mans screws that up in a major way.

#32 Peat

Peat

• 8,799 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 22:08

You're not being silly. Alot of us would like to see a bit of variety in race length. Spa, for example should be 1000km, not 6hrs!!

A 4hr and a 9hr would be nice.

#33 ninetyzero

ninetyzero

• 706 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 22:33

I think it makes sense to optimise your car to one race length - obviously Le Mans screws that up in a major way.

That's exactly why I don't get it, it makes no sense to have a load of 6 hour races and one 24 hour race, and I don't want them to optimise their cars to one race length because that just ain't sportscars in my opinion.

You're not being silly. Alot of us would like to see a bit of variety in race length. Spa, for example should be 1000km, not 6hrs!!

A 4hr and a 9hr would be nice.

Not just me then, that makes me feel much better. Who the hell decided that 6 hours was the best length for a sportcar race? I bet it has something to do with TV companies doesn't it?

#34 Maikel0230

Maikel0230

• 805 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 23:14

Exactly, and what about throwing two one hour sprint races in there as well?

#35 ButtonForEver

ButtonForEver

• 369 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 23:31

They are waiting JB, just like the Toyota.

Edited by ButtonForEver, 07 December 2014 - 23:31.

#36 TF110

TF110

• 3,068 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 23:45

I think we'll definitely see Toyota and Porsche go 8mj. Audi will go 4mj. Nissan 6 or 8mj. Dont expect to see Lapierre with Toyota anymore. I think Sarrazin will stay on (surprisingly) with Conway promoted to full time and a driver reshuffle. Porsche's 3rd car has Hulkenberg and probably two GT drivers. I dont see Alonso driving with them.

#37 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 4,681 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 00:48

What about Audi switching back to a turbo petrol motor? The diesel advantage isn't what it once was and I'm sure they can find some marketing spin for the switch back. Just imagine if we still had Pugeot in the series...

#38 Calum

Calum

• 1,128 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:16

Variety of race lengths would be a good idea.

2011 WEC season had a 12 hour race (Sebring) and I wouldn't be against a 2 or 3 hour sprint event just so it isn't all 6 hours (plus LM24hr) .

#39 AllenT

AllenT

• 219 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 14:27

http://sportscar365....re-lmp1-effort/

While set to debut the new Super Trofeo and GT3 versions of the Huracan next year, Lamborghini not only has set its sights on GT racing but also a return to Le Mans and potential move to LMP1 ranks in the future as well.

Advertisement

#40 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,930 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 15:55

They are waiting JB, just like the Toyota.

Radio Le Mans and Daily Sports Car (both who are usually spot on about these things - they trailed the Mark Webber to Porsche story for months before it was official) have categorically said that Jenson Button will not be driving for Audi next season.

I'm not sure we'll see Jenson in any LMP1 car next season. He strikes me as one of these guys with the "F1 or nothing" attitude, based on comments he's made about not wanting to race at Le Mans before.

#41 huisne

huisne

• 175 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 16:05

I'm not sure we'll see Jenson in any LMP1 car next season. He strikes me as one of these guys with the "F1 or nothing" attitude, based on comments he's made about not wanting to race at Le Mans before.

If you have read any quotes from JB recently, it is obvious that he wants to, and will race next year too. If not in F1, than elsewhere. I'm not saying it's WEC for 100%, but he has been praising the series recently.

Check these quotes from a few days ago, from the BBC website:

"What I can say is I'll definitely be racing next year - and in a series I'll be very excited to race in - so there's no worry of me not racing next year."

"If it's a new challenge, it will be exciting. If it's in Formula 1, it will be very exciting as well because that will be a new challenge with Honda."

Source: http://www.bbc.com/s...rmula1/30346965

I think he already has a deal in place if he cannot continue in F1. 

Edited by huisne, 09 December 2014 - 16:06.

#42 FerrariV12

FerrariV12

• 934 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 17:27

Two bits of LMP2 news,

ESM complete their line up for their two car HPD assault with Jon Fogarty, plus David Heinemeier Hansson rejoining LMP2 ranks from Aston.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/117096

And this was asked earlier in the thread, but the ORECA 05 appears to be on track as per DSC (I'm assuming the '04' was their internal designation for the Rebellion, or is there another ORECA I don't know about? I know the canned Peugeot-powered LMP1 was going to be the 02). Since it's yet to hit the track even if it's not going to be around at the start of the year, perhaps a Le Mans/mid-season debut as the Ligier had this year may be a possibility.

http://www.dailyspor...nning-lmp2.html

Great to see new blood in terms of LMP2 chassis, although I wish open top was still an option in the new regs, variety is good.

The fact that ESM have, completely IMHO of course, the best livery in all of motorsport doesn't hurt either! :)

Edited by FerrariV12, 09 December 2014 - 17:28.

#43 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,328 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 18:09

"What I can say is I'll definitely be racing next year - and in a series I'll be very excited to race in - so there's no worry of me not racing next year."

"If it's a new challenge, it will be exciting. If it's in Formula 1, it will be very exciting as well because that will be a new challenge with Honda."

Formula E it is then.  ;)

#44 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 12,860 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:59

Exactly, and what about throwing two one hour sprint races in there as well?

Please no!

Going to smaller race formats first was how Gp C. started its slide into oblivian and the first tool Ecclestone needed to transform GP.C into the 3.5 liter atmo formula active from 1991 on. We all know why that was done and what happened then......

Henri

#45 anbeck

anbeck

• 2,677 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:30

Please no!

Going to smaller race formats first was how Gp C. started its slide into oblivian and the first tool Ecclestone needed to transform GP.C into the 3.5 liter atmo formula active from 1991 on. We all know why that was done and what happened then......

I agree wholeheartedly.

Maybe with one exception: a return to the Norisring? https://www.youtube....DATNSfICs#t=249

#46 fZero

fZero

• 117 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:37

My only prediction is that 6 hours of X will all still start about 10 or 11pm for me and I wont be able to see any of them. :down:

#47 AlexLangheck

AlexLangheck

• 398 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:05

I think they need a 10/ 12 hour race, plus possibly a 3 hour race - just to break up the 6 hour races.

#48 FerrariV12

FerrariV12

• 934 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:23

Add my vote for a variation in race length, plus a mix of time and distance (e.g. 1000km at Spa for instance) would do just nicely.

#49 TF110

TF110

• 3,068 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:25

Hulkenberg is currently testing in the Porsche 919 lmp1. He says "impressive downforce in fast corners and massive hybrid power."

#50 aramos

aramos

• 1,498 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:26

Hulkenberg is currently testing in the Porsche 919 lmp1. He says "impressive downforce in fast corners and massive hybrid power."

Super keen to see how he goes. Porsche is looking to have a mighty impressive driver lineup this season. Is there any word on if the WEC race calendar will be extended for 2015? Thats the only thing really holding it back, we need more races.