The S76 Fiat Land Speed Record Runs At Saltburn and Ostend

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 theoldmotor

theoldmotor

• 17 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 18:07

fiat1-1080x650.jpg

The S76 Fiat Land Speed Record Runs At Saltburn and Ostend: Learn about both runs, see more photos and view a period video of the Ostend run on The Old Motor.

o2-760x594.jpg

Advertisement

#2 Charlieman

Charlieman

• 2,545 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 19:21

When I parked my FIAT S76 in Accrington in 2014, I didn't have any problems. All of the cars ahead of the tight space just moved for me. As if we were connected.

I didn't worry about a broken registration plate because somebody is always on hand to fix such details. My backup team has made replica cars for years, so if they can't fix an Astra, I'll fire somebody. If they aren't busy fitting body kits to Astras.

On the road, it always seemed that we were catching up with "Tosser". Such jolly names we use for drivers in veterans. The crowds shouted Tosser's name as we drove past. We reckoned that "Idiot" was close on our tails, so we drove faster, and the faster we drove the more the crowd shouted "Idiot". We never caught up with Vanker; one of my mechanics is obtuse that Vanker is pronounced with a double U in English. 

#3 f1steveuk

f1steveuk

• 3,588 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 17:47

Shame it never got an official record, because to drive that, at those speeds, deserves more !!!

#4 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,069 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 21:18

When I parked my FIAT S76 in Accrington in 2014, I didn't have any problems. All of the cars ahead of the tight space just moved for me. As if we were connected.

I didn't worry about a broken registration plate because somebody is always on hand to fix such details. My backup team has made replica cars for years, so if they can't fix an Astra, I'll fire somebody. If they aren't busy fitting body kits to Astras.

On the road, it always seemed that we were catching up with "Tosser". Such jolly names we use for drivers in veterans. The crowds shouted Tosser's name as we drove past. We reckoned that "Idiot" was close on our tails, so we drove faster, and the faster we drove the more the crowd shouted "Idiot". We never caught up with Vanker; one of my mechanics is obtuse that Vanker is pronounced with a double U in English. 

God,, even then they were using trade plates!