- - - - -

VIDEO: Presenting the 1937 Plymouth

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Magoo

Magoo

• 3,717 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:39

You lot may enjoy this film presentation of the 1937 Plymouth, in that this was a very representative American car of the period, and the film does a good job of illustrating the design and engineering of same. So if you would like to know more about the technology of 1930s Yank cars, here you go. 

Video: Presenting the 1937 Plymouth | Mac's Motor City Garage.com

BHcNGj.jpg

Advertisement

#2 mariner

mariner

• 2,334 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 16:57

Magoo, you may of posted this one already but I like it

https://archive.org/...The_06_22_32_00

#3 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,061 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:19

Seen bits of that elsewhere. 

One of those cars early in the clip appeared to have Holden Hubcaps. Maybe that was the disguise!

The racetrack bit was very slow. Sunday drive at Lime Rock!

Seemed good on the off road stuff though.

#4 Magoo

Magoo

• 3,717 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 20:23

You lot may enjoy this film presentation of the 1937 Plymouth, in that this was a very representative American car of the period, and the film does a good job of illustrating the design and engineering of same. So if you would like to know more about the technology of 1930s Yank cars, here you go. 

Video: Presenting the 1937 Plymouth | Mac's Motor City Garage.com

BHcNGj.jpg

Lee Nicolle, here is your dream car. Beam axles on both ends, L-head six, tube-type tires. This is the pinnacle of automotive engineering. Things went straight to hell from here. 

#5 Magoo

Magoo

• 3,717 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 23:27

Yes, that's one of my favorites, too. I posted it a while back. 

There's a backstory to this crazy little film. At the time, cars like the Corvair -- compact, aluminum air-cooled engine, independent suspension, unit construction, etc -- had a reputation in the USA for being fragile and unreliable. This film was designed to counter that thinking by showing guys beating the snot out of it. 

#6 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,061 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:57

Yes, that's one of my favorites, too. I posted it a while back. 

There's a backstory to this crazy little film. At the time, cars like the Corvair -- compact, aluminum air-cooled engine, independent suspension, unit construction, etc -- had a reputation in the USA for being fragile and unreliable. This film was designed to counter that thinking by showing guys beating the snot out of it. 

I guess that is where I saw the clip. on your site.

Sidevalves are not me. I need OHV, V8, with independent front suspension,,,, and disc brakes too,, at least on the front