BWA 324 Moleba

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Molebaracer

Molebaracer

• 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 19:06

Hello

I'm presently trying to locate a BWA 324 produced in 1967 and exported and raced in Canada in the Eastern Canadian Formula B championship in 1968. This car was in a bad accident the weekend of the Canadian Grand Prix at Mt Tremblant Le Circuit. The accident happened during practice for a support race that weekend. It was rebuilt and raced again the following year in Canada and then I loose the trail.

After communicating with Marcus Mussa recently, who was racing with my Dad in a formula Ford at the time; he confirmed to me that he saw the car in the mid 2000's at Monza, the car was not racing but was at the track demonstrating". He also confirmed that the owner told him the car had come from Canada. the name of the team here in Canada was L'ecurie Moleba and the mechanic that also came over to Canada was the Grandfather of Alex Tagliani, who is still involved in open wheel racing here in North America. I've been told that Mr.Tagliani went back to Europe after the 1969 season. From my research I've discovered that only a handful of these BWA 324 were built, which leads me to believe the car owner is in Italy somewhere.

If anbody has any leads or information regarding the whereabouts of this Formula car that would be greatly appreciated. The no# on the car was 212, my father name is Andre Leclaire and I'm his oldest son. 

Thanks

Jody Leclaire