• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#1 ezequiel

ezequiel

• 2,790 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 14:23

So far we have:

CITROËN TOTAL: José María López, Yvan Müller, Sebastien Loeb, Ma Qing-hua

CASTROL HONDA: Norbert Michelisz? Tiago Monteiro?

HONDA SWEDEN: Rykard Rydell

LADA: Rob Huff, James Thompson, Mikhail Kozlovskiy

SEBASTIEN LOEB (CITROËN): Mehdi Bennani, second driver TBA

PROTEAM (HONDA): Dusan Borkovic

ZENGO? (HONDA?) Ferenc Ficza? Norbert Nagy? whoever else coming from the magyar land?

CAMPOS (CHEVY): Hugo Valente, John Filippi, a third driver TBA

ROAL (CHEVY): Tom Chilton, Tom Coronel? (or is he switching to TCR?)

MUNNICH (CHEVY): Renné Munnich (all but confirmed), Stefano D'Aste

CRAFT-BAMBOO (CHEVY): Gregoire Demoustier

And the new Vesta is a beauty

lada_vesta-630x354.jpg

Calendar (Nordschleife included, but Macau and Spa out):

http://www.fiawtcc.com/events

Advertisement

#2 Victor_RO

Victor_RO
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,065 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 15:26

No matter how uninteresting the rest of the season might be if Citroen dominate again, the Nordschleife rounds must be on every motorsport fan's must-see list this year. Just to see that a FIA-sanctioned world championship has mustered up the guts to host a round on the proper Green Hell again.  :clap:

#3 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,853 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 15:38

MUNNICH (CHEVY): Renné Munnich (all but confirmed), Stefano D'Aste

I thought they were going to World RX not WTCC in 2015

#4 TheRacingElf

TheRacingElf

• 2,267 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 15:41

So instead of 3 Citroëns dominating we now have 4 factory Citroëns dominating with 2 private Citroëns behind them.. Exciting!

#5 ezequiel

ezequiel

• 2,790 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 15:57

I thought they were going to World RX not WTCC in 2015

Apparently they will be doing both as D'Aste was just confirmed today.

#6 Richard T

Richard T

• 2,108 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 16:04

So the epic Macau round is being replaced by the epitome of epic-ness.... wait for it... QATAR!  :clap:  :love:  :love:

:mad:  :(

Oh well.. Fingers crossed for Rydell in the Honda.  :up:

#7 Imateria

Imateria

• 2,424 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 17:05

So instead of 3 Citroëns dominating we now have 4 factory Citroëns dominating with 2 private Citroëns behind them.. Exciting!

Well at list Ma Qin Hua should be easy pickings for the rest.

#8 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 17:10

No matter how uninteresting the rest of the season might be if Citroen dominate again, the Nordschleife rounds must be on every motorsport fan's must-see list this year. Just to see that a FIA-sanctioned world championship has mustered up the guts to host a round on the proper Green Hell again.  :clap:

They're doing the full track - wow, will definitely make sure I catch that round.

:)

#9 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 17:30

Any reason why Macau has been dropped?  Wasnt that the jewel in the crown?

You can see great racing on the Nordschliefe lotd of times diring the year with VLN, but it is great that something World oreinted is there.

I only hope it isnt a bloodbath as the driving standards in WTCC are not much better than those in things like one make racing.

#10 EightGear

EightGear

• 1,745 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 20:36

Coronel will be back with ROAL, this time in yellow DHL colours.

#11 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,853 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 20:40

Also thought Ma was going to be that 2nd Sebastien Loeb Racing car. So now I struggle to think of a driver to but there...

Coronel will be back with ROAL, this time in yellow DHL colours.

That will be weird to see... I've gotten used to him having the blue, hvite and red colours. (Yes I know he's been driving both yellow and orange before)

Apparently they will be doing both as D'Aste was just confirmed today.

Ah! Learn something new every single day! :)

Edited by Myrvold, 11 February 2015 - 21:03.

#12 Sheepmachine

Sheepmachine

• 3,399 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 22:26

I might have missed this info but where is Tarquini? Has he retired or something?

#13 SB

SB

• 2,427 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 00:57

Any reason why Macau has been dropped?  Wasnt that the jewel in the crown?

Money talks. Someone in middle east is more interested to put a race in his homeland just like we had a double point final race in F1 :(

#14 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,115 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:25

It seems that wanting Spa, Suzuka, Macau and the Green Hell on the calendar was way too awesome for the FIA to handle.

#15 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:54

I somehow doubt Macau is short of money?

What are they going to do there?  It's been on the canedar there for years, I suppose they will still have a touring car race, just not for a championship, like they used to have in the Super Touring days.

I wouldn't blame the people wanting to run events, its the people running the series that are to blame, they are the ones that only look at money and nothing else. Qatar it is clear are gunning for F1, they ahve had a track for years, can run at night, and will use these evnts as a test for running F1. As I say blame the WTCC organisers, they make the decisions based on nothing but money it seems.

#16 molpid

molpid

• 366 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 14:28

I might have missed this info but where is Tarquini? Has he retired or something?

Tarquini is driving the first 3 days of the upcoming test [Honda] and Michelisz taking the last day.

#17 Zava

Zava

• 7,115 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 18:09

Norbi stays at Zengő, official (article in hungarian)

#18 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 10,928 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 00:55

I would pick Tarquini over Monteiro even though he is older.

#19 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:11

What are they going to do there?  It's been on the canedar there for years, I suppose they will still have a touring car race, just not for a championship, like they used to have in the Super Touring days.

I wouldn't blame the people wanting to run events, its the people running the series that are to blame, they are the ones that only look at money and nothing else. Qatar it is clear are gunning for F1, they ahve had a track for years, can run at night, and will use these evnts as a test for running F1. As I say blame the WTCC organisers, they make the decisions based on nothing but money it seems.

Yeah, the Guia de Macau goes on whatever and whoever wants to take part, as it always has done. Apparently BTCC is being asked to take an interest...

Advertisement

#20 SB

SB

• 2,427 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:00

IMHO it's not Macau short of money, but someone paid a huge cheque to buy the WTCC slot.

Macau GP is always a motor racing weekend / festival containing motorbikes, touring cars and formula cars ( in the good days even with historic cars ) . Therefore I am confident to see another touring car racing in this Nov, that is just a matter of WHO would come.

#21 paipa

paipa

• 936 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 13:05

Tarquini is driving the first 3 days of the upcoming test [Honda] and Michelisz taking the last day.

Michelisz just turned down the factory Honda offer and sticks with his compatriots Zengo Motorsport. He will earn a fraction of what Honda offered him but he said he didn't want to endanger the Zengo team by potentially losing sponsors overnight. It's a one-year deal and he may well still join the factory team next year. I always knew he was a good guy but this is decision goes beyond that, it's true integrity.

#22 ezequiel

ezequiel

• 2,790 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 14:00

^^ Well, if anyone was asking why Michelisz is one of the most popular drivers in the field... things like that really help.

As for Tarquini I wasn't considering him because the rumours late last year were that JAS was looking for a replacement for him and that they were going to test a number of young drivers (including Argentine ace Agustín Canapino, which never happened). But now he may stay one more season, thou it's weird that less than a month from the beginning of the championship Castrol Honda has not confirmed its drivers yet.

EDIT: Oops, it seems that Castrol Honda did confirmed yesterday Tarquini and Monteiro when the WTCC 2015 entry list was unveiled http://www.touringca...tcc-entry-list/

Edited by ezequiel, 13 February 2015 - 14:04.

#23 ezequiel

ezequiel

• 2,790 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 19:27

So "just" 18 cars confirmed for round one, with Münnich bringing only one car, LADA stepping down to two Vestas and Campos not running their planned third car (or Valente taking it after the destruction of his machine in testing)

#24 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 18:50

Apparently, the reason for leaving Macau was European tv time. What a lame excuse, and I don't believe it. It's not as if WTCC on tv is widely accessible, so who does he think is watching anyway? General public or fans? I did my best to try to catch Macau live. Not sure I'll do the same about Qatar.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/117896

Edited by BullHead, 03 March 2015 - 19:07.

#25 superden

superden

• 4,185 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 18:58

Qatar. No ta.

#26 BRG

BRG

• 25,883 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 19:24

Apparently, the reason for leaving Macau was European tv time. What a lame excuse, and I don't believe it.

Read on, the real story was the costs of going to Macau, versus Qatar which is doubtless paying massively for the race.  Once again, Gulf cash trumps everything.  Not that I care about losing Macau, a ridiculous annual demolition Derby.

#27 ninetyzero

ninetyzero

• 706 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 19:28

Pretty soon every race in every form of motorsport is going to be held in the middle east,

#28 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 19:35

Ok, not so much an excuse then, just a lame back up justification. You're right the Qatar cash is why. The talk of freight costs and insurance, again is just distraction IMO. Macau wasn't always a demolition fest, and is a historical touring car venue. I will miss it, (well the wtcc teams at it anyway).

#29 ninetyzero

ninetyzero

• 706 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 19:47

Macau was a touring car race long before WTCC was around and I'm sure it'll continue without it. Besides, I'm pretty sure all modern touring car racing is a demolition derby isn't it?

#30 AlexLangheck

AlexLangheck

• 398 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 20:48

Find the excuse over 'wrong TV time' pretty poor. Who is going to watch in the evening anyway? The WTCC is a poor excuse for a World Championship.

#31 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,115 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:21

Qatar. No ta.

Hakuna Macau-ta.

PS: the 'decision' sucks ****** ***** *** and ****.

#32 king_crud

king_crud

• 7,964 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 16:48

The WTCC moves something because of television viewing? Hahahahahaha

#33 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 18:09

Maybe there is some tennis on in someones back garden that needs urgent live coverage.

Or some snooker?

#34 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,328 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 21:19

Pro tip: buy a month's worth of Eurosport Player on 15/16 May and get WTCC at the Nordschleife, all 24 hours of Le Mans and a round of BSB from Snetterton. For £6!

#35 ezequiel

ezequiel

• 2,790 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 21:29

López by demolition in qualifying. Thompson and the LADA on pole for race two.

#36 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 10,928 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 23:14

it's a dissapointing field this year with no more Seat's or no BMW. Just Citroën, Honda, Lada and a bunch of private Chevrolet's. Not impressed with the depth of the field.

#37 Scuderia312

Scuderia312

• 135 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 23:21

Citroen Touring Car Championship

#38 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 43,951 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 23:24

Pro tip: buy a month's worth of Eurosport Player on 15/16 May and get WTCC at the Nordschleife, all 24 hours of Le Mans and a round of BSB from Snetterton. For £6!

Pro tip indeed. I'm in

#39 ninetyzero

ninetyzero

• 706 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 23:29

it's a dissapointing field this year with no more Seat's or no BMW. Just Citroën, Honda, Lada and a bunch of private Chevrolet's. Not impressed with the depth of the field.

It's a pretty piss-poor excuse for a world championship to be honest...

Advertisement

#40 Scuderia312

Scuderia312

• 135 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 00:13

I doubt you saw them frequently during races last year :) They were in TC2 category so no lose compared to 2014 unless you are refering to previous seasons.

#41 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 00:25

Pro tip indeed. I'm in

yep. fvck the other races. bring on the north circuit!

#42 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 00:42

Huff not bad position. Hoped he'd beat the Honda. Probably will yet. Looking forward to Lada making the mark this year.

#43 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 00:49

^^scrub that. i was reading the wrong timesheet. i expected more from the ladas

#44 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,115 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 14:16

I really hope that Muller and Loeb will bring the fight to Pechito this year. Otherwise, meh.

At least there is some racing in early March. I'll take that.

#45 Fomalhaut

Fomalhaut

• 86 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 14:59

1.2 to Muller and 1.6 to Loeb  :drunk:

Lopez  :clap:

#46 Richard T

Richard T

• 2,108 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 15:58

Will tune in to send my best wishes to Rickard Rydell and NIKA Racing. Two days of pre season testing in a entirely new car after no racing in 2014.

Go Rydell!

#47 Richard T

Richard T

• 2,108 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 18:56

That was not particularly exciting.

Edit: awkwardpodium.jpg

Edited by Richard T, 08 March 2015 - 18:59.

#48 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 19:11

so, no Martin Haven?

#49 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 19:46

oh, tom!

#50 BullHead

BullHead