Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:17

It's 2 days still....

#3 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:21

It's 2 days still....

#JustTwoDays! :up:

On a more #SeriousNote, though: surely we can expect the teams to be trying some qualifying-style runs during this last test. With Rosberg making the headlines with his statement that he wasn't too impressed by his rather quick time during his recent outing at Barcelona the next test might give us a better picture of where things really stand as far as Mercedes is concerned.

Edited by Nonesuch, 24 February 2015 - 11:25.

#4 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,846 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:12

If Alonso can't go, will Jenson do all days or will Kevin get a foot in?

#5 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:16

Weather forecast is mixed - potential rain for Friday and Sunday

https://www.meteoblu...-montmeló?day=4

Other driver line-ups:

Sauber: Thurs/Sat - Ericsson, Fri/Sun Nasr

Ferrari: Thurs/Sat - Raikkonen, Fri/Sun Vettel

Toro Rosso: Thurs/Sat - Sainz, Fri/Sun Verstappen

#6 Emilvang

Emilvang

• 965 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:32

Perhaps even Vandoorne and Kevin to share what would have been Alonso's testdays?

#7 Rocket73

Rocket73

• 2,285 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:39

Bring it on...I am going to sacrifice my dog's teddy to the F1 gods in the hope that they will give McLaren a break.

#8 Rocket73

Rocket73

• 2,285 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:40

Perhaps even Vandoorne and Kevin to share what would have been Alonso's testdays?

I think they will give KMag one day.

#9 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 13:15

Looks like Red Bull are splitting this last test a bit differently and have Kvyat driving Thursday/Friday and Ricciardo Sat/Sun

#10 rodlamas

rodlamas

• 11,292 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 13:22

Think they will start with Kevin Magnussen, then they will give 2 days do Jenson Button and then the last day will be available to Alonso. If he isn't able, they will share 1/2 day Button, 1/2 Magnussen again or Vandoorne.

#11 Leprechau

Leprechau

• 204 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 13:22

More than qualifying-style runs, I would like to see proper race simulation, although the coverage is pretty poor these days and we will miss most the the laptimes, anyway

#12 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 13:23

Driver line-up for Test Three. @Dany_Kvyat Thurs 26 & Fri 27 & @danielricciardo Sat 28 Feb & Sun 1 Mar. #F1

Edit: Ah Exb has it

#13 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 14:07

More than qualifying-style runs, I would like to see proper race simulation, although the coverage is pretty poor these days and we will miss most the the laptimes, anyway

I expect we will see more race sims - According to posts in the Ferrari thread they are planning one on Thursday and Bottas mentioned Williams would be trying one as well and I expect all the other teams will be as well.

However your right about the coverage, it tends to be a bit hit and miss (although its usually possible to get a pretty good overview by combining several different sources) - I might take a stopwatch and make notes ;)

#14 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,465 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 14:08

CONFIRMED: Lewis to drive on Thursday/Saturday, Nico on Friday/Sunday at the final pre-season #F1 test in Barcelona!

#15 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 14:11

Hey guys, for the one asking, I will be driving Thu/Sat this week in #Barcelona Looking fwd doing some more work with @Lotus_F1Team #r8main

#16 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,115 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 14:22

Is Force India even coming at this test with the new chassis?

#17 Newbrray

Newbrray

• 2,750 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 14:46

Is Force India even coming at this test with the new chassis?

They said they're working towards being there but nothing has been confirmed as far as I know

#18 kraduk

kraduk

• 696 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 14:49

They said they're working towards being there but nothing has been confirmed as far as I know

if its not on its way or at least packed up by now then it looks grim

#19 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 14:50

Good morning #BestFans! It's a busy week for the team, with a very short turnaround between the two tests in Barcelona! #FeelTheForce

@MlanieMM make sure you come and say hi! We will announce our lineup in the next few days, so keep tuned!

Advertisement

#20 kevinracefan

kevinracefan

• 2,729 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 15:38

announce their lineup in the next few days, LOL...

everyone knows there's zero reason to have your contracted drivers doing the testing, LOL...

wanna know what we're talking about in February 2016?? whether force india should get their check from the 2015 campaign...

#21 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 16:29

There were some interesting comments about the lack of a Bahrain test by one of the teams.  It's cheaper to run in Europe but they lack a true test in terms of proper temperatures and the cars performance in these conditions.  This season they go into the first race without a proper test in terms of 25-30 degree temperatures.  Everything done in Europe is "unrealistic" according to Rosberg and good for proving reliability but bad for predicting or testing performance.  The drivers won't know until Melbourne what they have under their hands.  To be fast in 9 degree temps is never a bad thing, it's just that it doesn't necessarily correlate.  In some ways I think it's better this way because it makes the first race weekend more unpredictable and interesting.

Edited by HoldenRT, 24 February 2015 - 16:30.

#22 LORDBYRON

LORDBYRON

• 1,645 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 19:19

He is the test driver? and that's what should happen but this is F1 and i wont

#23 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,304 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 20:19

Hopefully this last test will give us a glimpse of the pecking order behind Mercedes. Though I agree these cold conditions don't give a true picture. A test in Bahrain would have been better.

#24 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,502 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 20:51

Forecast looks warmer over the test. hQhhodpl.jpg

#25 TF110

TF110

• 3,068 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 22:05

Looking forward to some updates! Will anyone bring a new front wing? Will McLaren have more reliability? Will Alonso run? Thats all my questions.

#26 Laura23

Laura23

• 825 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 22:35

Looking forward to some updates! Will anyone bring a new front wing? Will McLaren have more reliability? Will Alonso run? Thats all my questions.

Alonso most certainly won't run, he had a concussion that kept him in hospital for three days (at the moment). The FIA won't let him test as standard practice for people with concussion injuries, he'll need at least a week out of the car.

#27 Newbrray

Newbrray

• 2,750 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 22:39

Alonso most certainly won't run, he had a concussion that kept him in hospital for three days (at the moment). The FIA won't let him test as standard practice for people with concussion injuries, he'll need at least a week out of the car.

Has it been confirmed by any reliable source (Manager, McLaren, Honda, Hospital) that he did have a concussion ?

#28 Lotus53B

Lotus53B

• 4,163 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 22:41

Has it been confirmed by any reliable source (Manager, McLaren, Honda, Hospital) that he did have a concussion ?

http://www.espn.co.u...ory/192259.html

http://www.independe...e-10064388.html

Best I can do

#29 Newbrray

Newbrray

• 2,750 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 22:43

thanks  :up:

#30 MikeMM

MikeMM

• 884 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:22

Think they will start with Kevin Magnussen, then they will give 2 days do Jenson Button and then the last day will be available to Alonso. If he isn't able, they will share 1/2 day Button, 1/2 Magnussen again or Vandoorne.

Button has done very little number of laps so far. I think he will drive all four days.

#31 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:55

This is true, he most likely won't run. Kovalainen had accident back in 2008 at barcelona and concussion, he barely was able/got permission to drive at Istanbul 2 weeks later

#32 Lotus53B

Lotus53B

• 4,163 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:39

This is true, he most likely won't run. Kovalainen had accident back in 2008 at barcelona and concussion, he barely was able/got permission to drive at Istanbul 2 weeks later

That was under the auspice of Professor Sid who was known to be somewhat ruthless and unorthodox in his approach to assessing whether a driver was fit to return: when Michael wanted to return to racing after his crash at Silverstone in 1999 Sid did no tests or X-rays, he just asked Michael to jump on the damaged leg whilst he watched.  Michael sat out 6 races.  I've no reason to doubt that Sid's successors are any less rigorous, I just doubt that they have the same level of ruthless humour.

After a non-trivial stay in hospital, I think that it's inevitable that Fred will sit out this test, I think now that the issue is how will McLaren react?  Even though Jenson has had very few laps, Kevin and Stoffel have had none.  If there's any chance that Fred will sit out Melbourne, they have to get one or the other into the car, and the prescence of either could be indicative of Fred's prognosis.

#33 rasul

rasul

• 1,952 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:42

Looks like the probability of rain is lower now. Good. Want to see some uninterrupted race simulations. 

#34 F1ultimate

F1ultimate

• 2,991 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:59

Looks like the probability of rain is lower now. Good. Want to see some uninterrupted race simulations. 

Same here, and I would like to see Merc unlock "God mode" on the car so that we can acknowledge its mightiness. 

#35 Owen

Owen

• 13,177 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:01

Same here, and I would like to see Merc unlock "God mode" on the car so that we can acknowledge its mightiness. 

:lol:

#36 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 2,196 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:40

Does anyone know if Manor are on the way to Barcelona testing here ?

#37 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:41

Only 15 days..

(no countdown topic this year)

#38 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,150 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:42

Does anyone know if Manor are on the way to Barcelona testing here ?

if you read some of the comments, it looks like it was their gp3 team truck.

#39 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 2,196 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:02

if you read some of the comments, it looks like it was their gp3 team truck.

Ok,Thanks!  I didn´t read...sorry.  :drunk:<-me

Edited by Lotusseven, 25 February 2015 - 11:02.

Advertisement

#40 pusko

pusko

• 990 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:02

Who will be driving for McLaren?!

#41 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 12,846 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:11

Only 15 days..

(no countdown topic this year)

errhhh; http://forums.autosp...ason-countdown/

#42 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:05

What can you tell us about the VJM08 car build process?
“It has progressed well over the last few days and the car has now been fired up at the factory. That’s always the key moment when the car truly comes to life. We have seen a tremendous effort from every department over the last few months to get us to this stage and we’re looking forward to seeing the car take to the track later this week.”

When do you expect the VJM08 to appear on track this week?
“The VJM08 will arrive in Barcelona on Friday morning and the final set up will take place in the garage at the track. We are aiming to get out on Friday and the new car will run as much as possible over the weekend.”

http://forceindiaf1....a8-2bb7a4e39471

#43 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 13:51

McLaren confirm Fernando Alonso to sit out final Barcelona test. Kevin Magnussen to replace him bit.ly/1zeqFHw

#44 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 13:53

Team: Thursday / Friday / Saturday / Sunday

Ferrari: Raikkonen / Vettel / Raikkonen / Vettel 

Force India: Perez / Hulkenberg / Perez / Hulkenberg

Lotus: Grosjean / Maldonado / Grosjean / Maldonado

McLaren: Button / TBA / TBA / TBA

Mercedes: Hamilton / Rosberg / Hamilton / Rosberg

Red Bull: Kvyat / Kvyat / Ricciardo / Ricciardo

Sauber: Ericsson / Nasr / Ericsson / Nasr 

Toro Rosso: Sainz / Verstappen / Sainz / Verstappen

Williams: Massa / Bottas / Massa / Bottas

#45 rodlamas

rodlamas

• 11,292 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 14:35

What can you tell us about the VJM08 car build process?
“It has progressed well over the last few days and the car has now been fired up at the factory. That’s always the key moment when the car truly comes to life. We have seen a tremendous effort from every department over the last few months to get us to this stage and we’re looking forward to seeing the car take to the track later this week.”

When do you expect the VJM08 to appear on track this week?
“The VJM08 will arrive in Barcelona on Friday morning and the final set up will take place in the garage at the track. We are aiming to get out on Friday and the new car will run as much as possible over the weekend.”

http://forceindiaf1....a8-2bb7a4e39471

I bet it won't run apart from a few instalation laps

#46 rodlamas

rodlamas

• 11,292 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 14:36

Button has done very little number of laps so far. I think he will drive all four days.

Magnussen will test as Mclaren has just stated. There is a chance Alonso won't be able to race in Melbourne, so the guy has to be at least ready.

#47 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 14:55

#F1 Updates final Barcelona test: Williams to run new single pillar mounted rearwing, new floor & new sidepod deflectors.

#48 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 15:09

#F1 Updates final Barcelona test: Mercedes plans to introduce new front- and rearwing. Plus modifications to the front suspension.

#49 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 15:10

#F1 Updates Barcelona: Expect short nose for Toro Rosso & Red Bull if they passed crash test. Ferrari to keep long nose for start of season.

#50 Leprechau

Leprechau

• 204 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 15:32

That was under the auspice of Professor Sid who was known to be somewhat ruthless and unorthodox in his approach to assessing whether a driver was fit to return: when Michael wanted to return to racing after his crash at Silverstone in 1999 Sid did no tests or X-rays, he just asked Michael to jump on the damaged leg whilst he watched.  Michael sat out 6 races.  I've no reason to doubt that Sid's successors are any less rigorous, I just doubt that they have the same level of ruthless humour.

After a non-trivial stay in hospital, I think that it's inevitable that Fred will sit out this test, I think now that the issue is how will McLaren react?  Even though Jenson has had very few laps, Kevin and Stoffel have had none.  If there's any chance that Fred will sit out Melbourne, they have to get one or the other into the car, and the prescence of either could be indicative of Fred's prognosis.

Who's "Fred"? I don't remember any Frederic/Frederik/Frederico or the grid :cat:

I might be wrong on this but I was thought Fernando, in English, was Ferdinand, not Frederic :p

Gut feelings are useless, but just to "spit it out", mine tells me we will be let down. There will be no "unlocked pace from Mercedes", I don't expect them to do proper racesim which would give a good indication of what to expect for Melbourne. Then, it will rain in Australia and Malaysia and we'll have to wait untill Bahrain for "true" pecking order :stoned: