- - - - -

Best Tour Company for Spa 2015?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 greensha

greensha

• 6 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 18:55

We are planning on flying over from the US for the Spa GP this year.  I was toying with the idea of going with a tour company to make things a little easier.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  It seems there are so many tour companies with similar names and similar websites, it's hard to figure out which ones are legit and which may be dodgy.

Thanks!

Advertisement

#2 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 43,951 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:37

Hi greensha;

Years ago Page and Moy were the standard for motorsport tour operators but now it seems they only do old folks tours to potteries.

Here are a list of tour firms that are half way legit.

GPTours  you will recognize them from the old SPEED channel adverts (Ameri-centric as well)

Grandstand Motorsport  they have handy mix and match options.

Select Motor Racing  I know Kevin May and he's a good guy.

Have fun.

Jp

#3 greensha

greensha

• 6 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 20:15

Thank you!  I'll check out those companies.

#4 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 1,282 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 23:39

I travelled with Select Motorsport to Spa in 2012. Pretty well organised, very friendly and with a nice little hotel in the southern tip of the Netherlands. The coach we were on stopped to pick some folk up at Brussels airport, or you could fly to the UK and come across on the ferry.

Only problem for me was that the tours were obviously aimed more at the casual fans, so we didn't get to stay for the GP3 race on Saturday, nor arrive in time for the morning race on the Sunday and as we were general admission we only got a good spot by jogging up Eau Rouge as by the time we arrived on race day it was already very busy.

#5 danke

danke

• 15 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:05

Hi greensha;

Years ago Page and Moy were the standard for motorsport tour operators but now it seems they only do old folks tours to potteries.

Here are a list of tour firms that are half way legit.

GPTours  you will recognize them from the old SPEED channel adverts (Ameri-centric as well)

Grandstand Motorsport  they have handy mix and match options.

Select Motor Racing  I know Kevin May and he's a good guy.

Have fun.

Jp

Any recommendations for the Abu Dhabi GP?

#6 markeimas27

markeimas27

• 138 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:58

Any recommendations for the Abu Dhabi GP?

Yes, I have been with Discover Grand Prix to Abu Dhabi (in fact a few races now) and they are excellent. Always lots of extras thrown at us, and lots of experience with them. I've already booked my travel with them for this year, now just waiting for them to go on sale with the tickets - which looking at their twitter will be tomorrow.