- - - - -

McLaren's Good Fortune

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PaulMeoff

PaulMeoff

• 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:56

Amongst all the negativity around Mclaren at the moment, i bet deep down they're breathing a sigh of relief that they didn't bin off Jenson Button over the winter. I'm sure JB, unlike KM would've gotten on with something else, whether it had been Triathlons or any one of his several other interests in life. Then who would they have got to drive?

Advertisement

#2 frosty125

frosty125

• 1,126 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:58

Amongst all the negativity around Mclaren at the moment, i bet deep down they're breathing a sigh of relief that they didn't bin off Jenson Button over the winter. I'm sure JB, unlike KM would've gotten on with something else, whether it had been Triathlons or any one of his several other interests in life. Then who would they have got to drive?

Vandoorne GP2 isn't until April

#3 showtime

showtime

• 3,032 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:59

There are many drivers willing to race an F1 car.

#4 PaulMeoff

PaulMeoff

• 25 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 13:01

There are many drivers willing to race an F1 car.

Obviously.

I'm a driver "willing" to race an F1 car, but i wouldn't be a good one

#5 ninetyzero

ninetyzero

• 706 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 13:03

They'd have put Vandoorne in the car.

#6 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 13:08

Nasr, he would bring sponsorship    ;)

#7 Talisman

Talisman

• 7,073 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 13:09

Looking at Sauber's misfortunes and the way Williams has had to liquidate their non-F1 interests in order to maintain a competitive budget I bet McLaren are more relieved they've got a works deal with Honda more than any other thing at the moment.  Overnight they've turned a $35 million a year engine bill into free engines, subsidised driver salaries and reportedly a $50 million cash injection per year.  I think that beats whether they signed JB, KM or Vandoorne especially bearing in mind how rare sponsors and works engine deals are these days....

Edited by Talisman, 12 March 2015 - 13:14.