- - - - -

How go about to get International (B) Racing Licence

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GenJackRipper

GenJackRipper

• 280 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 20:14

So, the top tier of gentleman racing; LMP2, requires at least one "bronze" driver; meaning a gentleman driver.
This driver needs a International (B) Racing Licence.

So.
How does one get that? If money is not an issue; start racing in GT-series; then apply? Or start even lower down the ladder?

Advertisement

#2 AJFIN

AJFIN

• 237 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 20:20

"To qualify for Grade B: 1) The driver’s ASN must ascertain that the applicant is over 18 years old and the driver must also be observed to compete satisfactorily in at least 10 national races or international ASNsanctioned circuit races for cars within the two years prior to application. Or 2) The driver must hold a C licence and must also be observed to compete satisfactorily in at least 7 national championship or international races. Or 3) The applicant has finished among the top three in the final classification of a CIK World Championship or CIK World Cup."

#3 JohnPackham

JohnPackham

• 84 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 20:41

For an MSA licence, unless it's changed a lot since my day day, you need to have an International C with one qualifying signature from the current or previous season. Or of course an International B from the previous season (probably with a qualifying signature). There's also a medical exam. Check with the MSA.

Edited by JohnPackham, 20 March 2015 - 21:17.

#4 GenJackRipper

GenJackRipper

• 280 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 21:08

For an MSA licence, unless it's changed a lot since my day day, you need to have an International C with one qualifying signature from the current or previous season. Or of course an International B from the previous season (probably with a qualifying signature). There's also a medical exam. Ch

eck with MSA.

What is MSA?
It should be noted that I am based in Europe, not the US.

#5 JohnPackham

JohnPackham

• 84 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 21:16

The Motor Sports Association - the UK sanctioning body. In France (where I am) the FFSA - each country has its own. The FIA will tell you who governs motor sport in your country. International licences are pretty well the same from one country to another.

You have to start at the bottom of the ladder but if you have the funds it's not difficult.

Edited by JohnPackham, 20 March 2015 - 21:18.

#6 GenJackRipper

GenJackRipper

• 280 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 22:06

The Motor Sports Association - the UK sanctioning body. In France (where I am) the FFSA - each country has its own. The FIA will tell you who governs motor sport in your country. International licences are pretty well the same from one country to another.

You have to start at the bottom of the ladder but if you have the funds it's not difficult.

Great, thank you!