* * * - - 5 votes

Bahrain F1 race build-up

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 Ducks

Ducks

• 829 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:11

A thread to discuss the build up of the Bahrain race weekend.

Please refrain from discussing Rosberg or Hamilton as they're getting enough coverage elsewhere on the forum. :up:

• When? April 17-18-19

• Where? Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir. 
  •  
  • How can I book my tickets? You can book your tickets via this website, simply click on the “Buy Now” buttons, alternatively you can call our hotline +973-17450000. 
  •  
  • What is Race Fever? In it’s inaugural year, Race Fever will bring exciting events in the run up to the Bahrain GP weekend.

March 20 – Race Around Bahrain - A convoy of Jaguar cars from the BIC will tour around the island promoting the race in fun and novel ways. The action will start from the circuit at 1pm and will end at 8pm in Amwaj.

April 3 & 4 (NEW DATES) – Red Bull X Fighter Jams -  The unforeseen weather conditions have pushed us to change the dates of the double header freestyle motocross event Red Bull X-Fighters Jams from April 2nd & 3rd to Friday 3rd & Saturday 4th promising the same jaw dropping stunts. 

02042015_XFighter_LP1.jpg

April 11 – The Vamps & Otto Knows - The Race Fever Grand Finale will takes place at the BIC on April 11 with back-to-back concerts featuring popular British band The Vamps and talented Swedish DJ Otto Knows. The Vamps will start at 7.30pm and Otto Knows at 9pm. Only F1 ticket holders can attend.On the same day the Grand Prize Winner - Buy your tickets before April 11th to be automatically entered into a fantastic raffle draw. The winner will take home a brand new Jaguar F-Type, currently on display at Bahrain City Center.

292X300_vamps.jpgottoknown.jpg

• What music events are taking place on Race Weekend? We are excited to announce the following concerts over the 2015 Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix weekend:

April 17th  Race-goers will be able to hear world-class Arabic music by Abdulla Rowaishid, Najwa Karim, Waleed Alshami and Amar Zain.

609X300_arabicsingers.jpg

April 18th  Global music sensation Pitbull will be the headlining act over the weekend of the 2015 Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.

292X300_pitbull.jpg

Tips and Information

• How do I get to Bahrain? Click here for travel information from our official partners, Gulf Air.
  • Where can I find accommodation information? Click here for hotel information.

• Do I need a visa? Click here
  • Where can I find out about sightseeing in Bahrain? There are plenty of places to visit during your journey, click here to learn more. 
  • Jumper or t-shirt? Click here for useful information about the weather in Bahrain. 
  • How can I stay updated on the 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix? Sign up here. 

Join us for what is going to be a spectacular Grand Prix under the stars. 

WEATHERMANAMA
Add to favourites

Settings

Language

Find a Forecast
Search for a location
Daily forecast Day Weather Maximum Day Temperature Minimum Night Temperature Wind Direction and Speed Sunday

Partly Cloudy

38°C 24°C North North Westerly 
Wind Speed24 mph Monday

Light Cloud

26°C 22°C North North Westerly 
Wind Speed29 mph Tuesday

Sunny

24°C 21°C North North Westerly 
Wind Speed23 mph Wednesday

Sunny

28°C 20°C North North Westerly 
Wind Speed12 mph Thursday

Sunny

35°C 22°C North Easterly 
Wind Speedmph

Forecast
Sunrise 05:13 Sunset 18:02

Last updated 22:15

Graph(Selected) Table
Weather forecast details for Thursday 16 April. Each column contains hourly forecast details for weather conditions, temperature, wind speed, wind direction, humidity, visibility and pressure. TIME 0600 HOURS 0900 HOURS 1200 HOURS 1500 HOURS Night Weather Conditions 1.gif 1.gif 1.gif 1.gif 0.png Temperature (°C) 24°C 29°C 30°C 30°C 22°C Wind Speed (mph) WIND SPEED9MPHNORTH WESTERLY WIND SPEED11MPHNORTH WESTERLY WIND SPEED12MPHNORTH NORTH WESTERLY WIND SPEED14MPHNORTHERLY WIND SPEED11MPHNORTHERLY

Some Extra facts about Bahrain -  @Ducks feel free to add it to the OP ( I also have the race classification pictures, FP1, FP2, FP3 and Qualifying results if you want to add those as well so maybe I can PM you so I don't clog up the thread)

Direction: Clockwise
Turns: 15
Laps: 57
Race date: 19 April 2015
Circuit opened: 2004
First Grand Prix: 2004
Lap record: 1:30.252 (Michael Schumacher, 2004)
Circuit length: 5.412 km (3.362 mi)
Race distance: 308.238 km (191.530 mi)

Previous Winners
2014 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes Sakhir

2013 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Sakhir
2012 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Sakhir
2010 Fernando Alonso Ferrari Sakhir
2009 Jenson Button Brawn GP Sakhir
2008 Felipe Massa Ferrari Sakhir
2007 Felipe Massa Ferrari Sakhir
2006 Fernando Alonso Renault Sakhir
2005 Fernando Alonso Renault Sakhir
2004 Michael Schumacher Ferrari Sakhir

2014 pole-sitter: Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
2014 winner: Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)

2015 timetable (GMT +3):

Friday 17 April
Practice 1 14:00-15:30 local time
Practice 2 18:00-19:30 local time

Saturday 18 April
Practice 3 15:00-16:00 local time
Qualifying 18:00 local time

Sunday 19 April
Race 18:00 local time

Additional on-track events:
GP2 Series
Porsche GT3 Cup Middle East

DRS zones:

Zone 1 - back straight
Zone 2 - main straight

Pitlane speed limits:
80 km/h (49.7 mph) for the entire event

Fuel usage: 1.76kg per lap
Top speed: 340 km/h (211 mph)
Full throttle: 47 per cent of lap
Gear changes: 95 per lap
Max. corner g-force: 3.7 (Turn 7)
Tyre selection: Soft (Yellow), Medium (White)

Weather forecast:

Friday - Cloudy, high 32°C / low 22°C
Saturday - Cloudy, high 29°C / low 23°C
Sunday - Sunny, high 28°C / low 23°C

Edited by Ducks, 15 April 2015 - 19:07.

Advertisement

#2 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 5,313 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:14

Nico hasn't been acting appropriately today and as of late for that matter. 

But I think this bash-fest can stop now. The vs. thread is already full of it. 

#3 ForzaGTR

ForzaGTR

• 3,923 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:16

Bahrain was epic last year? Would be cheeky to ask for even 50% of the drama to be repeated? I'd take that!

#4 Ev0d3vil

Ev0d3vil

• 3,849 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:32

I thought the night race for Bahrain was a one off? How come its still a night one now?

#5 SamH123

SamH123

• 2,966 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:34

What kind of track temps did last years night race reach?

Shame for Ferrari it's not still a day race.

#6 midgrid

midgrid
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,153 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:37

What kind of track temps did last years night race reach?

Autocourse has it as between 26 and 29 degrees Celsius.

#7 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 9,817 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:37

I think things will broadly be the same next weekend. Ferrari perhaps a little closer.

Ham to demolish Ros and Kimi to beat Vet!

#8 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,747 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:38

I'm looking forward to this one a lot, in part due to last year. That race gives you expectations, even if you can't expect the same to happen this year.

Even if temps aren't likely to be in a range where they can create problems, I don't think Ferrari needs that. I believe they'll be closer than they were this weekend, so hopefully they can put some pressure on Mercedes. Williams will probably race in a vacuum again, but perhaps one surviving Red Bull or Toro Rosso can fill their mirrors…..

#9 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 3,921 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:41

This is a permanent night race now.

#10 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 13:48

Nice meme. I enjoyed the humour.

Should be a Mercedes 1-2 again unless for some fantastic event.

#11 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 14:35

Opening post is completely unnecessary. 

#12 Brazzers

Brazzers

• 1,479 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 14:40

Raikkonen is going to win this race. 

#13 Elba

Elba

• 318 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 14:49

Opening post is completely unnecessary. 

Agree bit of a lame attempt.  :down:

One should leave this kind of OPs to posters who really make an informative effort

ps EDIT: it's not too late to still make something of that OP btw wink, wink   ;)

Edited by Elba, 12 April 2015 - 14:55.

#14 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 5,313 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 14:57

Yes, can we please change the OP? Really unnecessary and over the top already. 

#15 Ducks

Ducks

• 829 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 15:05

Agree bit of a lame attempt.  :down:

One should leave this kind of OPs to posters who really make an informative effort

ps EDIT: it's not too late to still make something of that OP btw wink, wink   ;)

Please provide me with the material you need and ill add it.

And if the bed wetters really need me to take the meme off I will. :up:

#16 Cyanide

Cyanide

• 5,313 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 15:10

You already had like 3 of these Nico trolling posts in the vs. thread. Enough already, you've had your fun. 

Not all threads have to be about Ros and Ham. 

#17 kimister

kimister

• 2,979 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 15:12

We will see both Ferrari and both Mercedes fighting for the win. Relatively high temperatures will favor Ferrari.

#18 surbjits

surbjits

• 943 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 15:16

We will see both Ferrari and both Mercedes fighting for the win. Relatively high temperatures will favor Ferrari.

its a night race..

#19 kimster89

kimster89

• 1,413 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 15:18

Bahrain 2014 was one of the best races in the history of this sport so a repeat will be tough. I hope its will be at leas better than China was. We so need for Nico to get his act together and be closer to Lewis, at least in the time Ferrari properly cacthes up the mercs.

Advertisement

#20 HeadFirst

HeadFirst

• 6,121 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 15:20

You already had like 3 of these Nico trolling posts in the vs. thread. Enough already, you've had your fun. 

Not all threads have to be about Ros and Ham. 

Agreed. There is plenty of opportunity for trolling elsewhere on this site, the OP on the build-up is not the place.

#21 TomNokoe

TomNokoe

• 33,637 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 15:31

Long straights and warmer temperatures should play into Ferrari's hands much more, I think they may challenge even on ultimate pace come quali. Google has the weather pegged in the late 20s °C.

Vettel has been very good here historically, and Kimi had a stormer in 2012 (or was it 2013?)

The dual with Hamilton/Rosberg has took a nice little turn, Rosberg is at war with himself, and needs to prove something.

Renault are gonna have an absolute nightmare, it'll be nice to see which of the Red Bull boys can sliver into the points.

Could Sauber surprise Williams, or slot in just behind?

As always, I'm looking forward to it.

#22 DutchQuicksilver

DutchQuicksilver

• 6,332 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 16:22

It's a night race, so those high temperatures doesn't matter.

Another 1-2 for Mercedes with some margin again if nothing goes wrong. Ferrari 3rd and 4th with Williams 5th and 6th. Behind those everything is possible.

#23 Quickshifter

Quickshifter

• 5,965 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 17:02

For a Mclaren fan  we are looking for incremental improvements till we get to Europe which is when major aerodynamic upgrades and engine upgrades from Honda will start. Till then it is a case of learning more about the car, getting on top of reliability, ancillaries, better integration of systems, working through race programs more efficiently and getting the maximum out of the package we have without getting too adventurous. With force India not introducing their B spec car till Austria and Renault having problems who knows we may end up nicking a point but the chances of it are not bright although if it happens we would be delighted. Honda said after the race that today was the first time they actually felt preseason was behind them after getting a double finish. We have two experienced world champions as drivers which is going to go a long way in helping us extracting maximum out of the package.

Since Bahrain is going to be only a week later i don't think many teams will be bringing any significant upgrades. The pecking order will remain with Mercedes comfortably leading the chasing pack led by Ferrari. since the tyre choices are going to be the same for this race i see a similar scenario unveiling. Renault have stated they are not ruling out similar engine blowouts next week as there is hardly any time left to make changes. Williams look like they are going to slide down the pack as the season progresses. Last season with a low drag package couple with significant advantage Mercedes had over Ferrari engine Williams were a  major threat but this season they are going to spend in the mid-table for major chunks of the season.

Edited by Quickshifter, 12 April 2015 - 17:05.

#24 Red17

Red17

• 3,921 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 17:09

I thought the night race for Bahrain was a one off? How come its still a night one now?

They are experimenting with Grues to keep drivers from using the run-offs.

#25 superdelphinus

superdelphinus

• 3,175 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 17:23

I think merc could be even further ahead than China. It seems it takes very specific circumstances for ferrari to have better tyre life (including hamilton missing swathes of reactive sessions), and I suspect merc were running a fair bit slower than they had to this weekend.

The midfield pack is where most of the fun is at at the moment imho

#26 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 12,551 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 17:51

Last year was good, so logic dictates this race will probably be awful.

#27 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 17:54

Last year's race was insane. I think it's going to be more like China. Lots of midpack action and controled fighting at the front.

#28 KingTiger

KingTiger

• 1,895 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 18:03

More of the same please! Easy Mercedes 1-2  :clap:

#29 ConsiderAndGo

ConsiderAndGo

• 9,817 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 18:32

I hope Rosberg controls his mouth at the weekend otherwise someone's gonna slap the lips right off his face.

#30 SirT

SirT

• 722 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 18:47

The sparks from titanium skid plates will be awesome in night races.

#31 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 6,773 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 18:50

Breaking news: crazy internet fan slaps Nico Rosberg in the face in Bahrain.  FOM ask security guards to remove him from the paddock while media outlets question why he was let in the paddock in the first place.

#32 LORDBYRON

LORDBYRON

• 1,645 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 19:47

• When? April 17-18-19

• Where? Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir. 

• How can I book my tickets? You can book your tickets via this website, simply click on the “Buy Now” buttons, alternatively you can call our hotline +973-17450000. 

• What is Race Fever? In it’s inaugural year, Race Fever will bring exciting events in the run up to the Bahrain GP weekend.

March 20 – Race Around Bahrain - A convoy of Jaguar cars from the BIC will tour around the island promoting the race in fun and novel ways. The action will start from the circuit at 1pm and will end at 8pm in Amwaj.

April 3 & 4 (NEW DATES) – Red Bull X Fighter Jams -  The unforeseen weather conditions have pushed us to change the dates of the double header freestyle motocross event Red Bull X-Fighters Jams from April 2nd & 3rd to Friday 3rd & Saturday 4th promising the same jaw dropping stunts. 

02042015_XFighter_LP1.jpg

April 11 – The Vamps & Otto Knows - The Race Fever Grand Finale will takes place at the BIC on April 11 with back-to-back concerts featuring popular British band The Vamps and talented Swedish DJ Otto Knows. The Vamps will start at 7.30pm and Otto Knows at 9pm. Only F1 ticket holders can attend.On the same day the Grand Prize Winner - Buy your tickets before April 11th to be automatically entered into a fantastic raffle draw. The winner will take home a brand new Jaguar F-Type, currently on display at Bahrain City Center.

292X300_vamps.jpgottoknown.jpg

• What music events are taking place on Race Weekend? We are excited to announce the following concerts over the 2015 Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix weekend:

April 17th  Race-goers will be able to hear world-class Arabic music by Abdulla Rowaishid, Najwa Karim, Waleed Alshami and Amar Zain.

609X300_arabicsingers.jpg

April 18th  Global music sensation Pitbull will be the headlining act over the weekend of the 2015 Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.

292X300_pitbull.jpg

Tips and Information

• How do I get to Bahrain? Click here for travel information from our official partners, Gulf Air.
  • Where can I find accommodation information? Click here for hotel information.

• Do I need a visa? Click here
  • Where can I find out about sightseeing in Bahrain? There are plenty of places to visit during your journey, click here to learn more. 
  • Jumper or t-shirt? Click here for useful information about the weather in Bahrain. 
  • How can I stay updated on the 2015 Bahrain Grand Prix? Sign up here. 

Join us for what is going to be a spectacular Grand Prix under the stars. 

WEATHERMANAMA
Add to favourites

Settings

Language

Find a Forecast
Search for a location
Daily forecast Day Weather Maximum Day Temperature Minimum Night Temperature Wind Direction and Speed Sunday

Partly Cloudy

38°C 24°C North North Westerly 
Wind Speed24 mph Monday

Light Cloud

26°C 22°C North North Westerly 
Wind Speed29 mph Tuesday

Sunny

24°C 21°C North North Westerly 
Wind Speed23 mph Wednesday

Sunny

28°C 20°C North North Westerly 
Wind Speed12 mph Thursday

Sunny

35°C 22°C North Easterly 
Wind Speedmph

Forecast
Sunrise 05:13 Sunset 18:02

Last updated 22:15

Graph(Selected) Table
Weather forecast details for Thursday 16 April. Each column contains hourly forecast details for weather conditions, temperature, wind speed, wind direction, humidity, visibility and pressure. TIME 0600 HOURS 0900 HOURS 1200 HOURS 1500 HOURS Night Weather Conditions 1.gif 1.gif 1.gif 1.gif 0.png Temperature (°C) 24°C 29°C 30°C 30°C 22°C Wind Speed (mph) WIND SPEED9MPHNORTH WESTERLY WIND SPEED11MPHNORTH WESTERLY WIND SPEED12MPHNORTH NORTH WESTERLY WIND SPEED14MPHNORTHERLY WIND SPEED11MPHNORTHERLY

#33 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 12,551 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 20:01

Please remove the Ctr and V keys from your keyboard, so you can never do that again.

#34 topical

topical

• 2,815 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 20:03

Do people really need to post comments that take up, like, 2/3 of a page? It's ridiculous. Use some common sense, please.

#35 Elba

Elba

• 318 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 20:45

I'm not the thread police so please take it as a mere suggestion but THIS is a quality OP for such a thread

Neutral, informative and fun  :up:

You can't do that then best leave it to those who can imo

Roll on Bahrain GP!

#36 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 6,371 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 20:55

Love the layout of this circuit, bring on the F1 game already...

#37 GrumpyYoungMan

GrumpyYoungMan

• 7,003 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 21:42

Wins 2014  44  Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 2013  1  Sebastian Vettel Red Bull/Renault 2012  1  Sebastian Vettel Red Bull/Renault 2010  8  Fernando Alonso Ferrari 2009  22  Jenson Button Brawn/Mercedes ...       DUMMIE-2x2.gif Round%28255%29-BottomLeft.gif Round%28255%29-BottomRight.gif   Round%28255%29-TopLeft.gif Round%28255%29-TopRight.gif DUMMIE-2x2.gif Pole positions 2014  6  Nico Rosberg Mercedes 2013  9  Nico Rosberg Mercedes 2012  1  Sebastian Vettel Red Bull/Renault 2010  5  Sebastian Vettel Red Bull/Renault 2009  9  Jarno Trulli Toyota

Only once in 5 years has the pole sitter won at Bahrain? Maybe Pole isn't worth much...?

Edited by GrumpyYoungMan, 12 April 2015 - 21:43.

#38 Otaku

Otaku

• 1,715 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 21:55

Will be another Mercedes walkover. Looking forward to the Spanish gp.

#39 SylvesterDiResta

SylvesterDiResta

• 93 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 22:12

Only once in 5 years has the pole sitter won at Bahrain? Maybe Pole isn't worth much...?

I guess you could argue extraneous circumstances for a few of those (a bit like the Abu Dhabi pole/win stat) but then again, the GP2 people didn't great starts from pole last year either/p2 on the grid did better, at least on the initial run down to T1 and that trend was replicated at the F1 start. Going to be interesting/nervewracking to see how it all works out this year!

Advertisement

#40 Kristian

Kristian

• 4,365 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 22:17

I'm sad this is a night race, as the high temperatures during the day would add a challenge, and unlike Singapore being at night adds nothing to this race. 

But if there's a repeat of 2014, I won't complain. 

However, I cannot see beyond Mercedes. 

#41 superden

superden

• 4,185 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 22:20

Hamilton win.
Ferrari podium.
Rosberg continues his meltdown.
Desert.
Sunshine.

That is all.

#42 Wes350

Wes350

• 407 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 22:20

. Williams look like they are going to slide down the pack as the season progresses. Last season with a low drag package couple with significant advantage Mercedes had over Ferrari engine Williams were a  major threat but this season they are going to spend in the mid-table for major chunks of the season.

They were 3rd WCC last year and every indication I have seen is that they will be 3rd this year.

No, they didn't close the gap to mercedes, and ferrari made a leap. But what is Williams budget compared to theirs?

The other teams have to close a 20 second gap to Williams...

Twenty. Second. Gap

Edited by Wes350, 12 April 2015 - 22:23.

#43 Ikebana

Ikebana

• 342 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 22:50

Feels good when we have consecutive weekends with a GP ehhh?

#44 Sanzx81

Sanzx81

• 112 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:13

am I allowed to say I just hope we get a non Mercedes winner?
I don't care who or what team.

#45 NoSanityClause

NoSanityClause

• 1,390 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:33

Weather forecast for Bahrain GP: dark.

You're welcome.

#46 sergey1308

sergey1308

• 116 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:19

The weather in Bahrain is warmer than in China and I want Ferrari to be a little bit closer to Mercedes, maybe not so good as in Malaysia, but better than in last race. Of course in this part of the season the main goal for Ferrari is to minimize loss of points.  

Also I glad to see progress in Mclaren, hardly they can do a lot for a week between China and Bahrain, but I hope they will make a big step when championship will return in Europe.

However I'm bored seeing Red Bull pace and firstly reliability this year. From time to time it seems they make a little step forward, but than I see that situation isn't getting better.

p.s. I completely forgot that the race take place in evening, so the temperatures will be lower what is better to Mercedes

Edited by sergey1308, 13 April 2015 - 08:31.

#47 SB

SB

• 2,437 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:37

People wishing a repeat of 2014 ... but wasn't the late excitement only caused a SC period (partly) caused by our great Maldonado, that messed the strategy of MB cars  ?

So come on Maldonado ~~!  :rotfl:

#48 wift

wift

• 225 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:46

It would be nice for the championship battle if Nico could up his game. More battles between the Merc drivers would mean more opportunities for the Ferrari drivers. Merc is still ahead especially in quali which means that Ferrari will not be able to challenge them if they have a smooth weekend and there's no suprises (SC/weather) in the race.

#49 sergey1308

sergey1308

• 116 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:14

It would be nice for the championship battle if Nico could up his game. More battles between the Merc drivers would mean more opportunities for the Ferrari drivers. Merc is still ahead especially in quali which means that Ferrari will not be able to challenge them if they have a smooth weekend and there's no suprises (SC/weather) in the race.

I hope Nico show himself on the track, neither in media saying he was quicker but couldn't overtake in spite of the others drivers in middle pack obviously could.

#50 CountDooku

CountDooku

• 11,729 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:43

I'm sad this is a night race, as the high temperatures during the day would add a challenge, and unlike Singapore being at night adds nothing to this race. 

But if there's a repeat of 2014, I won't complain. 

However, I cannot see beyond Mercedes. 

It is much better as a night race! At least the track and cars look decent then. In the day time it looks like a low-rent rockery at a Nevada trailer park.