- - - - -

Monza to Bergamo train

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zoetrope

Zoetrope

• 1,408 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 17:52

Hello, I got my tickets for 2015 Monza but would like to ask for an advise.

I am planning to book a return plane ticket for Sunday 21:00 local time on race day. I am planning to use direct train from Monza to Bergamo and then shuttle bus or taxi to airport. I would like to know how early do I have to leave to get on board comfortably? I would like to see a podium ceremony too.

To be honest I am also pretty scared about the crowd that might delay me or crowded train that has no more space for passengers. Does anyone know how it's like just after the race?

Anyone with experience travelling back to Bergamo just after the race - I would really appreciate your comments!  :wave:

Advertisement

#2 Oviedo

Oviedo

• 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 18:53

Last year i used the Trains to and from Biassono Lesmo.
After the Race on Sunday there are so many People, so you have to wait quite long...
Concerning the train to Bergamo i cannot help unfortunately.

#3 Exb

Exb

• 3,961 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 22:06

Hello, I got my tickets for 2015 Monza but would like to ask for an advise.

I am planning to book a return plane ticket for Sunday 21:00 local time on race day. I am planning to use direct train from Monza to Bergamo and then shuttle bus or taxi to airport. I would like to know how early do I have to leave to get on board comfortably? I would like to see a podium ceremony too.

To be honest I am also pretty scared about the crowd that might delay me or crowded train that has no more space for passengers. Does anyone know how it's like just after the race?

Anyone with experience travelling back to Bergamo just after the race - I would really appreciate your comments!  :wave:

Train to Bergamo was absolutely fine after the race (although I did stay at the track a bit after the podium) but they were not too busy at compared to the trains heading to Milan and they took about 50 mins, airport buses were every 15-20 mins and left from opposite the train station and only took about 15 mins. Your biggest problem will be getting from the track to Monza station - I ended up walking it last year on race day and it took an hour - the shuttle buses are a good 20 mins walk away from the track and had huge queues and the normal buses were impossible to get on, maybe a taxi would be the way forward, the traffic didn't seem to horrendous considering there was a GP on.

Edited by Exb, 19 April 2015 - 22:07.

#4 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:37

Hi

You shouldn't have a problem getting to the airport in time for a 9pm flight. The race should finish ~3.30pm, if you start walking straight back to the "Black Line" (Linea Nero) shuttle bus you should beat most of the crowds, although this depends where on the circuit you're planning to watch the race? From the pit straight it should take 20-30 minutes depending on how fast you walk.

In the past couple of years I've not had to wait long to board a shuttle bus, there are plently in operation, you should be able to make it to Monza train station before 5pm. If you're desperate for time you could queue jump (never done it myself but I've seen plently of locals do it). Trains to Bergamo are every hour and as the vast majority of people will be going to Milan you should have no problem getting on board a train to Bergamo.

The trains from Biassono Lesmo (station at the circuit) only go back to Milan and as another person mentioned they are very crowded.

How are you getting to the circuit? I would advise buying your return tickets for the train and shuttle bus in advance to avoid any holdups. You can usually buy GP train tickets from the major stations which include a return pass for the circuit shuttle bus. In Bergamo station you can get these from the automatic ticket machines.

A bus from Bergamo train station to the airport will take around 15 minutes, you can download timetables from the ATB Bergamo web site.

So yes I would say it's perfectly possible to get back to Orio Al Serio in time for a 9pm flight, as long as you don't hang around for too long after the race :)