Photo
- - - - -

It's a nice article but can you spot Lewis's mistake?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mariner

mariner

• 2,334 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:44

Apparently Lewis leads a busy social life between races but a trip to the Monza banking made him "feel like Fangio" - i think he  meant it  in the nicest way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...atures/32590252

But can you stop his mistake in the article, a clue - I bet MB did.

Advertisement

#2 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,300 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 09:10

Two mistakes I can see. One is that the Monza combined circuit was last used for a GP in 1961. The other is that the W196 had a straight 8 engine.

#3 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,124 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 12:48

That he successfully manages to make the life of an international jet-setting playboy sound utterly boring? "This was cool, that was neat, work for Mercedes, feed my dog, meet my brother, watched the biggest fight in boxing history with a rat tailed sweat shop profiteer, play myself in a movie that parodies fashion without knowing what parody is". He's a nice genuine guy and I do root for him being British but he is utterly boring with no hidden depths!

Edited by Tenmantaylor, 09 May 2015 - 12:50.

#4 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 14:17

In his defense, some people aren't natural writers/communicators so columns can be really really bad.

In the same way that you sometimes see a sportsman doing a commercial and think "Jesus, I hope you don't really talk like that" because it's so wooden.

#5 Imperial

Imperial

• 4,820 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 14:23

I tried, I really tried, but lapsed into a coma halfway through.

Was the mistake that he spent three weeks farting about flying around the world into different timezones every few days, stayed up well past his bedtime too many nights, completely burned himself out then couldn't get it together to take pole position today?

#6 chrisPB15

chrisPB15

• 423 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 14:35

In his defense, some people aren't natural writers/communicators so columns can be really really bad.

In the same way that you sometimes see a sportsman doing a commercial and think "Jesus, I hope you don't really talk like that" because it's so wooden.

"because I'm worth it"

#7 Kristian

Kristian

• 4,365 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 14:42

I actually fast forward anything to do with him now if I'm watching F1 coverage on Sky on playback - be it interviews or features.  He either annoys me or bores me to tears. 

#8 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,665 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 14:47

Please don't turn every thread that mentions a driver into a discussion of whether or not you like that driver instead. Please stay on topic here.

#9 turssi

turssi

• 3,368 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 16:57

So what are the mistakes of his public diary entry?

#10 Molo19

Molo19

• 195 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 17:05

The columns aren't really columns at all, they're interviews like any other, written out as though they were actual columns.

#11 BlinkyMcSquinty

BlinkyMcSquinty

• 862 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 18:11

I was able to only get in half of this article. I stopped when I started to get urges to cut myself.

#12 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,207 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 00:39

Apparently Lewis leads a busy social life between races but a trip to the Monza banking made him "feel like Fangio" - i think he  meant it  in the nicest way.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...atures/32590252

But can you stop his mistake in the article, a clue - I bet MB did.

I can't 'stop' it but you can by typing Lewis' instead of Lewis's