Photo

Brazil 2007 Race Thread

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Goblet

Goblet

• 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:45

I've tried and tried, but haven't manage to find Brazilian GP 2007 Race Thread. I've only found practice, post-qualifying and post-race threads. Has it been deleted, or doesn't this forum has any live commenting?

Thanks for your answers.

Advertisement

#2 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 21:14

Fascinating. :stoned:

Also tried several queries in the archives, turning up nada, and then came upon this:

"Brasil extra lap, Alonso turn"

http://forums.autosp...n/?hl=+brasil 

For that year's race at Interlagos, someone must have come up with something very creative as a title for the thread. :cool:

Hilariously enough, in the general Wiki entry about "The Brazilian GP" it also does not get mentioned in the text. :drunk:

The specific Wiki thang:

https://en.wikipedia...lian_Grand_Prix

Edited by Zmeej, 14 June 2015 - 21:18.

#3 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,811 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 22:16

Via a Google search limited to the forums, closest I've come is:

http://forums.autosp...-race-comments/

I looked for other race threads from 2007 and they don't show up either. Did we do something different back then? I remember a really cool race centre hosted by NigelRed5 and Hack.

Edited by Risil, 14 June 2015 - 22:16.

#4 HP

HP

• 19,646 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:37

Below when searching racing comments archive by thread starting date

http://forums.autosp...topicfilter=all

Went to the Autosport Live Page, and noticed that live events were recorded starting in 2008 from the Spanish GP only.

Also the Chinese 2007 race also has no race thread in the archives.

Can't remember if the live thread was already in 2007, and thus possibly not being recorded as we're used to these days.

#5 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 14:12

But the curious thing is that I could find discussion threads about earlier races - all the way back to 2000. That year appears to be a strange exception of some kind.

Edited by Zmeej, 15 June 2015 - 14:13.

#6 Costaz

Costaz

• 3,227 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 15:49

Ii may have to do with this: ANNOUNCEMENT : RC-Live re-opening on Monday 12th March. Is it possible that the race topics of that year are in a sub-forum that is not accessible to normal users any more? Perhaps a mod can check?  The links below don't seem to work, but the whole post suggests that things were indeed different back in 2007.

Getting to RC-Live couldn’t be simpler – just click on the RC’s Live Forum link that is shown at the top of the page in Racing Comments. For those who don't know: the RC-Live forum is open only to registered members of the Atlas F1 Bulletin Board. To be clear: this is NOT the same as being subscribed to autosport.com - since the Bulletin Board and the subscriptions are separate services. So if you are reading this announcement and you are not registered on the Bulletin Board, click here to register now (it is fast and free).

#7 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 19:04

A productive search was "Kimi 2007," as it yielded a bunch of results, although none specific to the Brasilian GP.

Imagine that similar searches with other drivers' names would also get you closer to material relating to that race, particularly as it results to the various incidents which happened during it, for which the Wiki summary would be helpful.

Edited by Zmeej, 15 June 2015 - 19:06.

#8 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 19:25

Very rusty memory. IIRC there weren't race threads as there are now. There was a live race thread/commentary run by hack and Nigelred5 and these disappeared when the current live part of the website was introduced.

#9 HP

HP

• 19,646 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:33

Very rusty memory. IIRC there weren't race threads as there are now. There was a live race thread/commentary run by hack and Nigelred5 and these disappeared when the current live part of the website was introduced.

That's how I remember it more or less too. But as you said: Very rusty memory

#10 HP

HP

• 19,646 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:54

Refreshed my memory and went with with a way back machine back to 2007 and then it clicked.

In 2007 the race live thread was called in that time very hot and trendy chat (chuckle).

Apparently it used chat technology of that time (using Java). If the transcript was stored (unlikely), remembering technology of that time, it would have to be reformatted to be of any use. The way back back machine wasn't able to retrieve any chat data, so my guess all data has been wiped into the big internet trash bin.

#11 Goblet

Goblet

• 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:25

Hey, this has been interesting! It's a shame that there is no data left, if that's the case. I was hoping to relive the final GP of 2007 again through this forums adept comments, but what can you do.. Thanks still! :up:

#12 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,811 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 17:26

This raises an interesting question then. Will the current live chat transcripts be accessible if/when Autosport Live changes its platform?

Edited by Risil, 16 June 2015 - 17:26.

#13 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 17:29

Are they currently available after the event?

#14 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,811 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 17:38

Yes.

#15 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 18:01

Yes.

Learn something new every day.

I assume that nothing would change, I assume it is all in a database that would just move if necessary.

#16 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 68,481 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:03

Aside from the astute comments above, other than "Live Chat" material, there was always a thread or two or three related to a particular race.

The threads from the 2005, 2006, and 2008 races are there. The races from 2007 appear to be anomalous in this regard.

Can't remember if this was a year in which the denizens of the Racing Comments forum opted for Live Chat instead of previous habits, and then resumed them, or what happened.

Anyway, musings...