* * * * - 8 votes

Keep Fighting, Michael

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1678 replies to this topic

#1 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,165 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 15:23

Following on from the first thread, this is where we can discuss news of Michael Schumacher's recovery.

Advertisement

#2 PAGATRON

PAGATRON

• 958 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 16:04

Could Merc put the hashtag on the rear wing? It appears to be empty atm.

Edited by PAGATRON, 14 July 2015 - 16:04.

#3 Jon83

Jon83

• 5,341 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 16:12

I'd rather they just said 'Keep Fighting Michael' instead of sticking a hashtag in front of it.

#4 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,699 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 16:26

I'd rather it said "Keep fighting, Michael" so as to not imply they want us all to fight him. He's got enough on his plate right now.

#5 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,125 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 16:49

I'd rather it said "Keep fighting, Michael" so as to not imply they want us all to fight him. He's got enough on his plate right now.

I don't want to laugh, but I'd like to think MS would at comments like this. :lol:

Keep fighting, Michael!

#6 viceroy1

viceroy1

• 125 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 16:53

Every single time I see it I chuckle to myself, because thats how I read it. I imagine Schumi in a ufc type brawl with Norbert Haug, Ross Brawn and Nico all taking turns slugging it out with Michael... it helps me not be sad whenever I think of Schumis condition

#7 Tourgott

Tourgott

• 1,149 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 16:56

Forever my hero.  :cry:

I hope we'll see him again.

#8 Spillage

Spillage

• 10,251 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 17:21

Forever my hero.  :cry:

I hope we'll see him again.

What a great moment. Here's another:

Never count Schumacher out. As Murray Walker said, 'give him half a chance and he'll be like a ferret up a drainpipe!'

#9 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 3,151 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 18:36

Every single time I see it I chuckle to myself, because thats how I read it. I imagine Schumi in a ufc type brawl with Norbert Haug, Ross Brawn and Nico all taking turns slugging it out with Michael... it helps me not be sad whenever I think of Schumis condition

What an odd response.

#10 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 4,529 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 23:26

Michael's finest driving seasons: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001 and 2004.

Michael's pefect driving season when the car was ideal: 2002.... The finest driving season I have ever seen would be 2002. Though Fred's 2012 is a close one, but he never had the car Michael had.

Edited by George Costanza, 14 July 2015 - 23:27.

#11 Otaku

Otaku

• 1,715 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:49

What a great moment. Here's another:

Never count Schumacher out. As Murray Walker said, 'give him half a chance and he'll be like a ferret up a drainpipe!'

Imagine that kind of wet track today... they would cancel the whole weekend.  :down:

#12 George Costanza

George Costanza

• 4,529 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:09

Imagine that kind of wet track today... they would cancel the whole weekend.  :down:

They would indeed.

Any wet race... Suzuka 1994, Monaco 1997, European and Canada 2000 and many more, would be red flagged.

#13 GoldenColt

GoldenColt

• 6,254 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:26

Michael's pefect driving season when the car was ideal: 2002.... The finest driving season I have ever seen would be 2002. 

17 races, 17 podiums.  :up:

Imagine if he had won Monaco 2004 aswell, 13 race wins in a row.  :love:

Edited by GoldenColt, 15 July 2015 - 08:15.

#14 redraven9

redraven9

• 614 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:50

Let's not forget what happened in the last rainy race...

#15 Peat

Peat

• 8,799 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:25

come on now. Rain wasn't the cause of Bianchi's injuries. 

#16 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 3,151 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 20:24

come on now. Rain wasn't the cause of Bianchi's injuries. 

Well it's not the root cause but one of quite a few contributing factors. Many different circumstances in fact that people generally wont even half think of.

#17 Otaku

Otaku

• 1,715 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:06

There have been more deaths in the sport's history in the dry than in the wet... so what do we do? We ban dry races?

Edited by Otaku, 16 July 2015 - 04:06.

#18 ClubmanGT

ClubmanGT

• 4,141 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:20

How about we not overlook the fact the FIA has been hugely soft to the detriment of the spectacle for the past few years rather than look for an excuse to wag a finger at someone first chance you get?

#19 Jejking

Jejking

• 3,111 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:34

Please guys, that is seriously offtopic.

Advertisement

#20 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:14

It really is. Look, if you post messages about how awesome Michael was, then you're inviting other people to post about less celebrated aspects of his career. So don't do it. There's a Nostalgia Forum where a thread like that is probably now appropriate.

The right answer is for this thread to be off the front page until we get news that he's talking, walking or up and about and attending F1 races again. It is definitely NOT the place to be discussing what happened to Bianchi.

#21 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:20

It really is. Look, if you post messages about how awesome Michael was, then you're inviting other people to post about less celebrated aspects of his career. So don't do it. There's a Nostalgia Forum where a thread like that is probably now appropriate.

You just know how such suggestions are taken by the regulars over there, don't you?  ;)

#22 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:32

We're all one big happy family as you know, so they'll be happy to see you all.

#23 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:44

We're all one big happy family as you know, so they'll be happy to see you all.

Yep, must have forgotten that momentarily, sorry. For the OT too.  ;)

#24 Button4life

Button4life

• 6,005 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 16:02

CKLnPqQWoAAvWI9.jpg

This is in my opinion a beautifull picture. I had to post it. Keep fighting, Michael

#25 Jejking

Jejking

• 3,111 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 21:12

Damn. Really I don't know what to think with that picture...

#26 superden

superden

• 4,185 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 21:49

Damn. Really I don't know what to think with that picture...

Poor taste.

#27 jstrains

jstrains

• 3,219 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:02

Mika remembering the epic battle from Spa with Michael in his blog. He says something about his condition as well, not very encouraging

http://motorsportsta...ian-grand-prix/

No, he will never race again; no, he may never walk again; he may never talk again, for all I know. But, on the other hand, he may.

#28 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,257 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:04

Mika remembering the epic battle from Spa with Michael in his blog. He says something about his condition as well, not very encouraging

http://motorsportsta...ian-grand-prix/

No, he will never race again; no, he may never walk again; he may never talk again, for all I know. But, on the other hand, he may.

Thats the important one...

#29 jstrains

jstrains

• 3,219 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:12

True. After my father's heart arrest, when they started to wake him up and he was laying in his bed with 1 eye open in coma, nobody knew he would return home normal in 1 month. You never know.

#30 Ruusperi

Ruusperi

• 2,773 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:15

I dislike how Finnish media still quotes Philippe Streiff's claims that Michael is paralyzed but can sit in a wheelchair, even thought it was quickly rejected by Kehm.

Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm was quoted by the German newspaper Bild as also rejecting the report based on Streiff's comments.

"I can only wonder about these statements of Philippe Streiff," she said. "He certainly has no contact with Professor Saillant or with Corinna.

"Between Mr. Streiff and Michael, there has also never been a friendship," added Kehm.

http://autoweek.com/...hilippe-streiff

The fact is that we know nothing about Michael's condition. Except it's that bad that he cannot show to public and his family doesn't even want to talk about his situation. :|

#31 Wally123

Wally123

• 272 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 13:08

True. After my father's heart arrest, when they started to wake him up and he was laying in his bed with 1 eye open in coma, nobody knew he would return home normal in 1 month. You never know.

It's been a hell of a lot longer than a month, the signs aren't good at all let's be honest.

#32 Nigol

Nigol

• 2,740 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 13:44

Keep fighting.

#33 Silverstone96

Silverstone96

• 1,109 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 21:57

I think it's fair to say now we will never see Michael in public again, we may never get another update either.

At the end of the day his family do not wish for the public to see or know his condition and that alone tells you everything.

Had he been able to recover something close to his old self, it would have already happened by now.

Edited by Silverstone96, 19 August 2015 - 21:58.

#34 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 22:21

Medical breakthroughs occur almost on a daily basis...have faith for a good outcome for Michael.

#35 Laura23

Laura23

• 825 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 22:25

I think it's time we left Michael and his family in peace. There has been no news for over a year now and it's clear the family are getting on with their lives and normally as they can now. If they are at peace with the situation, even if only outwardly, then so should we.

#36 Otaku

Otaku

• 1,715 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:35

Is there any news?

#37 Laura23

Laura23

• 825 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:26

Is there any news?

No and nor is there likely to be for the foreseeable future.

#38 Silverstone96

Silverstone96

• 1,109 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 21:13

I see Gary Hartstein has said he believes it's 99% likely Michael is in a minimally concious state and will remain so, he's probably right

#39 SR388

SR388

• 5,683 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 00:54

I see Gary Hartstein has said he believes it's 99% likely Michael is in a minimally concious state and will remain so, he's probably right

What does that mean? Does he see the world around him? Is he a vegetable?

Praying for him and his family.

Edited by SR388, 25 August 2015 - 00:54.

Advertisement

#40 Cloxxki

Cloxxki

• 472 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:27

A very similar thing happened to Dutch prince Johan Willem Friso (avalanche). He didn't survive as long.

I got the impression already with Friso back then that such well-off and famous individuals are simply not allowed to pass away like regular mortals. My sympathies go out to them. I would would wish it upon anyone to be in a state of zero % chance of even partial recovery, and being such a strain on my loved ones. And being barely conscious, unable to sign any papers to relievve myself and especially others of my existence.
Michael may well have (had) a different take on life, but I sure wish upon him an opportunity to re-affirm his wishes. A few short lucid moments with his family, and their compassion and respect of his wishes.
An absolute equal racing legend to Senna IMO, I am not sure Michael was the lucky one in their respective final accidents. Unless I still possessed the ability to actively share love with my family and friends, I would no prefer Michael's fate for myself. And Senna's was so dreadful already. Did both have to pay for their success? Other drivers get killed in various ways, but these are two undisputed greats of the sport, and basically in the same era.
I deeply hope for Michael and his family to get something out of his existence still. A long life of only fighting is not what I wish upon anyone. So much fighting for so little gain. Only worth it if it works out. His situation, thanks to modern medicine, seems to benefit no-one.

#41 Equinox1

Equinox1

• 214 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:24

The family should just let him rest in peace. I suspect that would have happened a long time ago to the average person without his fame and money.

#42 AlexS

AlexS

• 6,277 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:28

What does that mean? Does he see the world around him? Is he a vegetable?

Praying for him and his family.

Probably that he answers to inputs.  

#43 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 15,870 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:59

A very similar thing happened to Dutch prince Johan Willem Friso (avalanche). He didn't survive as long.

Both accidents took place while skiing, but where Michael hit his head, Friso was caught under an avalanche that deprived him of sufficient oxygen for almost half an hour. Though the latter was successfully reanimated, tests later showed that he had suffered "massive" damage to his brain. Though there were some reports of Friso being minimally conscious months after the accident, the same words apparently used by Hartstein, we've been told a lot more positive news about Michael than was ever said about Friso after the latter's accident.

That said, the Schumacher family has unfortunately been very reluctant to talk about Michael's situation. Most of what we know might therefore be only a small part of the overall picture.

#44 molpid

molpid

• 366 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:29

The family should just let him rest in peace. I suspect that would have happened a long time ago to the average person without his fame and money.

You have no info about his state - this post is utterly pathetic...

#45 CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

• 2,440 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:34

Well, it's all pure speculation about Michael's health. Few months ago, Corrina emerged smiling and looked happy, at a horse thingy. Then Mick showed and had some decent races. Judging from pictures, none seems to paint the 'so called horrible situation' Michael is in. 

Truth us, we all don't know. I do have hope that he will someday recover. Initially they docs treating him said 3 years. I hope this is the case. I still pray for him everyday. 

#46 Andy35

Andy35

• 4,823 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:27

That said, the Schumacher family has unfortunately been very reluctant to talk about Michael's situation. Most of what we know might therefore be only a small part of the overall picture.

Rather an understatement, it's as if he has disappeared from Earth and he is no longer here. I can understand need for privacy but I feel Bianchi's family understood more  the public side of his accident I feel. It is their decision though. 

Very sad in recent years so many head injuries.  It's a terrible outcome most of the time so reducing them should be looked into again.

Andy

#47 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:56

Well, it's all pure speculation about Michael's health. Few months ago, Corrina emerged smiling and looked happy, at a horse thingy. Then Mick showed and had some decent races. Judging from pictures, none seems to paint the 'so called horrible situation' Michael is in.

The fact that members of his family are enjoying themselves does not say anything at all about Michael's state of health.

#48 Silverstone96

Silverstone96

• 1,109 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 21:53

Until there is an update or he is even seen again it can only be assumed profess is minimal for Michael.

#49 CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze

• 2,440 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:50

The fact that members of his family are enjoying themselves does not say anything at all about Michael's state of health.

Who said I posted about them enjoying themselves?

#50 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:05

This doesn't really tell a lot. People can be happy in a moment while generally feeling sad. And of course time also heals wounds (to some degree) - they all need to move on in life and make the best out of it.