Photo

Retro Speedfest on SBS Speedweek today - Ed's last race.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 GMACKIE

GMACKIE

• 13,129 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:35

Ed Holly reckons this was his last race.  ;)

Watch out for Ed in the black BT6, No.17.

Advertisement

#2 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,069 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:44

And at least here in SA it starts at 3 30 because of a replayed bicycle race, and we lose half hour again.

#3 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 1,106 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:17

Ed Holly reckons this was his last race.  ;)

Watch out for Ed in the black BT6, No.17.

I certainly hope this wasn't Ed's last race, he has done so much for Historic racing in NSW, particularly the M & O sixties racing car groups. After many years promoting the Group through his newsletter and physically enthusing fellow competitors he is really entitled to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his efforts.

#4 lyntonh

lyntonh

• 1,656 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:22

And, a nice farewell it was too, with several mentions from commentary, & some in car camera stuff as well.

#5 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,069 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 23:01

The commentary on that event was woefull. The younger bloke had NO idea and the older was often mistaken!

The footage too was out of synch and all over the place.

There did seem to be some good racing though.

#6 GMACKIE

GMACKIE

• 13,129 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 23:06

I will tell the"older" bloke to smarten himself up a bit, Lee...I see him at least once a week.  ;)

#7 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,069 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:29

I will tell the"older" bloke to smarten himself up a bit, Lee...I see him at least once a week.  ;)

At least he had an idea, just could not articulate it,, and the younger bloke was too busy waffling BS for him to get a word in.

#8 ed holly

ed holly

• 387 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:23

Hi guys, Mr Mackie is better at driving VW's than keeping secrets ...

Yes it is true, I have decided to hang up the helmet. A number of factors have come together to tell me now is the right time. I'll still be around the meetings, so you haven't got rid of me altogether. Been a terrific last 15 years in single seaters, and have to thank Bryan Miller for kindling my interest in them back then, before that a couple of MGA's both racing and regularity going back into the 80s. Only ever raced in Historics.

Have decided to sell the wonderful BT6, had her 10 years now, and she has been a wonderful wonderful car with probably the richest history of any of the BT6's starting with Denny Hulme driving it as the work's entered Formula Junior then 24 Tasman starts from 46 as a 1.5 car in the 2.5 era - but that is another story. It will be advertised in the upcoming Oily Rag and is also on the Formula Junior website in the UK.

Ed

#9 Dick Willis

Dick Willis

• 1,106 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:24

The commentary on that event was woefull. The younger bloke had NO idea and the older was often mistaken!

The footage too was out of synch and all over the place.

There did seem to be some good racing though.

We should be grateful that we occasionally get some TV exposure for Historics, irrespective of whether you are happy with the commentary.

#10 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:33

Hi guys, Mr Mackie is better at driving VW's than keeping secrets ...

Yes it is true, I have decided to hang up the helmet. A number of factors have come together to tell me now is the right time. I'll still be around the meetings, so you haven't got rid of me altogether. Been a terrific last 15 years in single seaters, and have to thank Bryan Miller for kindling my interest in them back then, before that a couple of MGA's both racing and regularity going back into the 80s. Only ever raced in Historics.

Have decided to sell the wonderful BT6, had her 10 years now, and she has been a wonderful wonderful car with probably the richest history of any of the BT6's starting with Denny Hulme driving it as the work's entered Formula Junior then 24 Tasman starts from 46 as a 1.5 car in the 2.5 era - but that is another story. It will be advertised in the upcoming Oily Rag and is also on the Formula Junior website in the UK.

Ed

Enjoy your retirement Ed and, planning your comeback!