Photo
- - - - -

Thou Shall Be Eighteen Of Age And Not A Teen Ager.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 MaxMylzahet

MaxMylzahet

• 35 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 22:03

The Carlos Sainz versus Max Verstappen forum is contaminated with posts stating the world would have been better with Max Verstappen not having entered Formula One.

What first began with occasional posts has become a gathering of frustrated posts posing Max Verstappen as an anomoly.

I hereby friendly persuade those agitations to be posted here.

Personally I think it preposterous to pinpoint one clarified error to immaturity for he cannot change himself to not be seventeen and not to be where he is now.

Advertisement

#2 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,326 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 22:10

While I certainly don't blame Max for taking his F1 chance when it came, I do think the top level, Grand Prix racing, should be a place for adults.

He's a lucky boy. He's obviously got the talent, but his lack of life experience shows when things aren't going his way. Then again, some of the men in F1 are just as if not more immature, but it is a weird profession.

#3 ANF

ANF

• 29,378 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 22:40

It's "thou shalt", isn't it?

He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

but

Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

#4 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 8,362 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 23:29

Max Verstappen forum is contaminated with posts 

Since this forum has caught Max Verstappen fever lately. This sentence would have been sufficient enough. 

#5 TheUltimateWorrier

TheUltimateWorrier

• 980 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 23:30

The Carlos Sainz versus Max Verstappen forum is contaminated with posts stating the world would have been better with Max Verstappen not having entered Formula One.

Good lord, what is this? It's a Wonderful Life or Donnie Darko?

What first began with occasional posts has become a gathering of frustrated posts posing Max Verstappen as an anomoly.

It probably has something to do with the increasing obnoxiousness of his most fervent fans...

#6 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 8,362 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 23:32

It probably has something to do with the increasing obnoxiousness of his most fervent fans...

Hey brother, it's Maxamania running wild   ;)

#7 Tsarwash

Tsarwash

• 13,725 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 23:56

I know it's a naive, stupid question to ask here, but it is a genuine question as well. Is that true ? I don't spend a hell of a lot of time in the PC these days. 

Edit. I'll add, he acts pretty much as I'd expect a seventeen year old to act. But then again, some drivers ten or more years older than him pretty much act like a seventeen year old on occasions as well. 

Edited by Tsarwash, 14 August 2015 - 23:58.

#8 SilverArrow31

SilverArrow31

• 5,069 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:39

I dislike the fact that Verstappen Is rated as he is because of his age. I see posts such as "what a great driver he is and he is only 17". Yes he is 17 but he also is a formula 1 racing driver, he should be viewed by his accomplishments in the car and not praised just because he happens to be young. All I see is a Rookie who has done the same exact job as his much less rated teammate, Both have been quite good but Verstappen hasn't been amazing and been quite lucky in his results and reliability, plus the guy himself seems to be buying into his own hype which puts me off, comparing himself to Alonso and such. Any idea that he should take the Ferrari seat is nonsense, but then again I am literary sat in an arm chair so its only an opinion not fact. 

Edited by SilverArrow31, 15 August 2015 - 02:39.

#9 CurbPainter

CurbPainter

• 1,089 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 02:47

I dislike the fact that Verstappen Is rated as he is because of his age. I see posts such as "what a great driver he is and he is only 17". Yes he is 17 but he also is a formula 1 racing driver, he should be viewed by his accomplishments in the car and not praised just because he happens to be young. All I see is a Rookie who has done the same exact job as his much less rated teammate, Both have been quite good but Verstappen hasn't been amazing and been quite lucky in his results and reliability, plus the guy himself seems to be buying into his own hype which puts me off, comparing himself to Alonso and such. Any idea that he should take the Ferrari seat is nonsense, but then again I am literary sat in an arm chair so its only an opinion not fact. 

...or you could just say, when he got asked about which driving style he thought resembled the one he had the most, that it was Alonso's.

Edited by CurbPainter, 15 August 2015 - 02:48.

#10 Norm

Norm

• 573 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 04:23

If he was British he would be hailed and applauded. Celebrated to the high heavens. He's 17 he has an excuse for acting like a kid and saying things that are questionable. I remember some twenty something year old coming into F1 and calling his colleagues monkeys. I don't think Max has said anything that could be as insulting.

#11 brr

brr

• 480 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 05:25

And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us from Max Verstappen: we perish.

And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, Oh ye of little faith?

Then he arose, and rebuked the critics and the naysayers; and there was a great calm. Until Monaco 2016.

#12 SophieB

SophieB
  • RC Forum Host

• 24,665 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:44

I hereby friendly persuade those agitations to be posted here.
Personally I think it preposterous to pinpoint one clarified error to immaturity for he cannot change himself to not be seventeen and not to be where he is now.

From the RC rules:
"Threads can still be started to discuss issues affecting a single driver, but this must be with a specific remit or point of discussion, such as the possibility of them racing in a particular series or team."

Starting threads to call people out for not being sufficiently appreciative/unfairly critical of your favourite driver doesn't fall within this guidance.