Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Poc - Oh No! Penultimate round of the 2015 Verizon IndyCar Series

• Please log in to reply
914 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think will happen in the final two races of this season? (90 member(s) have cast votes)

What that thing says up there.

1. Montoya wins the championship (26 votes [28.89%])

Percentage of vote: 28.89%

2. Rahal wins the championship (4 votes [4.44%])

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

3. Dixon wins the championship (6 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

4. A pit crew member sacrifices themselves to sabotage another driver's chances of championship glory (5 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

5. Jos Verstappen makes an appearance at the final race and takes Montoya out in Interlagos 2001 style (15 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Something else entirely (9 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

7. I've got no idea I'm only here for Karen Gillan (25 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,950 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 00:05

Hello race fans! And welcome to Pocono (a strong imagination is possibly required here). Now if this was NASCAR, that last sentence would more likely than not fill you with a deep sense of dread. You see, things that usually rank as more better uses of your time than watching a NASCAR race at Pocono include counting every blade of grass in your garden, or reading the Verstappen vs Sainz thread right from the very start.

But this is IndyCar. And with two races to go, there’s a championship still to be decided. So if you’re even vaguely interested to see if Juan Pablo Montoya will choke away the championship in a style that would make even Will Power wince, then you should definitely tune in.

The track

IndyCar is in Pennsylvania this weekend. Some say that this was inspiration for Bram Stoker’s critically acclaimed Dracone-ula, the story of an eccentric and rather odd pay driver, who sucks the life out of a once half credible racing team.

CCZ5sJRUgAANxML.jpg

Spooky

The track itself has a fearsome reputation too, such that it even has its own nicknames. The Nuburgring Nordschleife is known as Green Hell. Yas Marina in Abu Dhabi is known internationally as ‘bloody awful’. And Pocono is known as ‘the tricky triangle’, or, even more worryingly, ‘the Bermuda triangle’. I guess this is something to do with driver’s chances of victory disappearing suddenly, rather than drivers vanishing without trace once they reach turn two, but you can never be completely sure with these things.

You can tell a lot about a track just from its Wikipedia page. Pocono has a heading named ‘notable events’. Did you know, for instance, that in 1971 Schaefer Beer (no, I’ve never heard of it either) agreed to sponsor Pocono’s IndyCar 500? Truly a notable event indeed.

pocono-2.5-clockwise-chicane.jpg

A track map of Pocono that isn't very triangular

The three turns each have different levels of banking. However, I am reliably informed that this is indeed deliberate, rather than unintentional shoddy workmanship.

nascar-pocono-downpour.jpg

Spa weather ain't got nothing on Pocono!

The championship

As I mentioned in the introduction, with two races to go, the championship is well and truly alive. Which is remarkable considering that only a few races ago, a certain Columbian looked to have the title in the bag. And no, I don’t mean Carlos Munoz.

columbia-inline.jpg

One of these Colombians is leading the championship. The other two are not.

But it has been quite some season. We’ve had controversy, #IndyRivals, DRACONE, countless Juan puns, cheese jokes, cheating, doughnuts, Joe Hart, the most talk of flying cars since Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, #IndyRivals, lists, Karen Gillan gifs, bad jokes and #INDYRIVALS.

In typical IndyCar fashion, the guy who has been leading the championship for pretty much the entirety of the season is in danger of losing the championship. Juan Pablo Montoya heads into this race with a slender nine point advantage over the nearest competitor.

And who is this driver, who is taking on the Monaco Grand Prix victor and double Indy 500 winner? Graham Rahal. Yeah, it’s been one of those seasons when a guy, who, before this season started, had only won one race in the series since 2008, is now challenging for the title.

2r4s7qd.jpg

It just wouldn't be an IndyCar thread without some entirely useless information. So here you are. Rahal's A1GP results. And I've no idea why he drove for Lebanon either.

With double points on offer for the final race at Sonoma however, Montoya and Rahal aren’t the only two in with a chance. Scott Dixon, who at this stage I’m almost certain is some sort of magician is still very much in contention too. The series' eternal runner up-not-counting-the-three-Indy-500-wins-he-has, Helio Castroneves, still has a chance, as does defending champion Will Power.

But how is it that this is the penultimate race? I mean, we're only in August! Well, that, ladies and gentlefolk is IndyCar for you. Ask any of the drivers what they think about the season ending this early, and they’ll tell you it’s “an absolutely [redacted to keep Mark Miles happy] idea.”

Juan Pablo Montoya- 465

Graham Rahal – 456

Scott Dixon – 431

Helio Castroneves – 407

Will Power – 406

Sebastien Bourdais – 379

Marco Andretti – 378

Josef Newgarden – 370

Tony Kanaan – 354

Simon Pagenaud - 329

Questions to be pondered

• Will Montoya turn his recent run of poor results around, and make us all wonder why we ever doubted him?
  • Does Graham Rahal have another rave powered win in him?
  • How the hell is Josef Newgarden behind Marco Andretti in the standings, despite having won twice?
  • Will there be a queue of angry drivers waiting to punch Sage Karam in the face after the race?
  • Will Karen Gillan sign up to the Autosport forums and tell us how much she loves IndyCar?
  • Will somebody feel the need to correct somebody/fail to understand something that is blatantly a joke?
  • Wait, wasn't Proto402 supposed to be doing this opening post?
  • Is Ronnie Peterson really dead?

Schedule

August 22nd

Gates open - 8am

ABC Supply 500 Rookie Practice for Rookies - 8:30-9:30am

ABC Supply 500 Practice for other drivers who aren't rookies I guess - 9:30-11:30am

ABC Supply 500 Qualifying 2:00-3:10pm

I think this event in sponsored by ABC Supply 500 Final Practice - 5:30-6:00pm

August 23rd

Gates open - 8am

IndyCar driver autograph session - 9:15-10:15am

Driver introductions for the you-know-what 500 - 1:50pm

ABC Supply 500 race start - 2:30pm

What time is that in everywhere else that isn't Pocono?

Easy tip. Type '2015 IndyCar schedule' or similar into Google, and it should tell you the correct race start in your timezone.

DISCLAIMER: If this happens to be wrong, please send any hate mail, strongly worded letters or anything else to Google rather than myself, thanks!

Think that covers everything. As a token of my appreciation for you reading all this, here, have some Karen Gillan gifs.

tumblr_m7kz4dKmWj1qdx5sqo2_500.gif

tumblr_lv2jy5LNhJ1r0l0ib.gif

tumblr_inline_mfj9maDgZW1rxb8do.gif

tumblr_ly21dzeq5d1qe8bp4o1_500.gif

Edited by JHSingo, 18 August 2015 - 00:37.

Advertisement

#2 teejay

teejay

• 6,130 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 00:17

Come on Monty. 

Great OP

#3 Volcano70

Volcano70

• 871 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:01

Awesome post!

Can't wait for a race that probably won't stick around much longer  :p

Go Rahal, get a championship for struggling Honda and keep them in the sport!

#4 paulb

paulb

• 11,224 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:05

Well crafted OP, JHSingo!

I was thrilled to learn that Pa-ge-NO actually has points.

Schaefer beer is lowbrow, btw. Perfect for IndyCar. :up:

59schaeferbeer.jpg

#5 Volcano70

Volcano70

• 871 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:14

I voted something entirely different.

What will happen is:

Pastor Maldanato announces he will run the race and let Jolyon Palmer drive his Lotus at Spa, As Pastor is looking for the never claimed Las Vegas $5 million bonus (RIP Dan)

Pastor will drove the #18 Dale Coyne honda, bringing new PVDSA sponsorship, first different sponsor since Yoke.tv in the early 00's

Dracone is brought back in the #19, a disgruntled Vautier is forced to run a shock Minardi USA Panoz DP-01 for Paul Stoddart.

In qualifying Dale Coyne is so happy after one of his cars not crashing, he fields and extra entry for Rocky Moran Jr, with a healed thumb.

Meanwhile Dixon earns a point for getting pole, Stefano Coletti is P2, 3rd Helio Castroneves, 4th Juan Pablo, 5th Carlos Munoz, 6th Josef Newgarden.

Because Vautier is running a road course spec car he qualifies 7th.

There is a mix up at the track and Maldonato is giving the prayer before the race.

After Maldonato's words, A tap-dancing Mark miles shows up, and its time for the National Anthem, sung by Donald Trump.

Green Flag!

On lap 2, Dixon Flips Montoya, and a spinning Dixon collects Rahal, thus rahal breaks the wall in half Red Flag Number #1

As Coletti takes the green, and after turn 2 the oncoming field is greeted by a drunk Randy Bernard running across the track. Second place Simon Pagenaud (running a odd strategy, why would he be in 2nd this year?) barely misses Randy and runs over a Groundhog  in the same spot where NASCAR driver Stephen Leicht (RIP trumps vice prez)

Red Flag #2: Groundhog burial in tunnel turn grass

In pitstops, the lone car to stay out is Vautier in his Panoz.

There are 3 more cautions: A Rabbit is in turn 1, a chicken in turn 1, and there is a crash that takes out the field but 5 cars.

Pastor, Dracone, Moran Jr, and Vautier. Who cares about the 5th guy, he has no use being here.

On the final lap, Vautier spins and takes out Pastor, Dracone, and Moran Jr.

Who wins then, as the 4 remaining cars just crashed?

The Fifth guy, duh!

This fifth driver was subbing for james jakes who fractured his wrist in practice.

His Crew Cheif is Taki Inoue.

His pit crew contains of: Tora Takagi, Yuji Ide, Antonio Pizzonia, and others.

He is the one and only........

Luca Badoer!

Edited by Volcano70, 18 August 2015 - 20:18.

#6 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,205 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:29

Outstanding work, mate. :clap: You and Risil have been the masters of this stuff this year. :up:

I voted something entirely different.

What will happen is:

Pastor Maldanato announces he will run the race and let Jolyon Palmer drive his Lotus at Spa, As Pastor is looking for the never claimed Las Vegas $5 million bonus (RIP Dan)

Pastor will drove the #18 Dale Coyne honda, bringing new PVDSA sponsorship, first different sponsor since Yoke.tv in the early 00's

Dracone is brought back in the #19, a disgruntled Vautier is forced to run a shock Minardi USA Panoz DP-01 for Paul Stoddart.

In qualifying Dale Coyne is so happy after one of his cars not crashing, he fields and extra entry for Rocky Moran Jr, with a healed thumb.

Meanwhile Dixon earns a point for getting pole, Stefano Coletti is P2, 3rd Helio Castroneves, 4th Juan Pablo, 5th Carlos Munoz, 6th Josef Newgarden.

Because Vautier is running a road course spec car he qualifies 7th.

There is a mix up at the track and Maldonato is giving the prayer before the race.

After Maldonato's words, A tap-dancing Mark miles shows up, and things get wierd.

I DONT HAVE TIME TO FINISH THIS SORRY, I WILL EDIT IN MORE  :wave:

That starts here? :rotfl:

Sounds like an actual dream I had earlier this year. I blame Hindy.

#7 Proto402

Proto402

• 171 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:38

Great OP JHSingo!  Glad I let you do the OP for this race.

#8 SlipLtd

SlipLtd

• 977 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:09

I was thrilled to learn that Pa-ge-NO actually has points.

I thought he had retired at the end of last season.

#9 Lotus72b

Lotus72b

• 1,980 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:19

Great post JHsingo!!! :clap:

#10 Bleu

Bleu

• 6,241 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:00

Race thread at Pocono needs this picture:

07-07-What-Turn-4-Scott-Dixon-Std.jpg?vs

Edited by Bleu, 18 August 2015 - 07:00.

#11 rghojai

rghojai

• 2,010 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:23

Schaefer is the one beer to have when you're having more than one.

#12 prommer

prommer

• 4,957 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:49

Damn, it was hard to get into beers in the olden days.  No Double Vented Wide Mouth technology back then.

Excellent opening post!  :clap: :clap:

Maybe when he's not working on his comedy club material Prost can come in here and school us on the history behind the banking in each turn.  I know each one of them is modelled after somewhere or other.

#13 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,316 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 08:14

Track map needs updating   ;)

pocono-2.5-clockwise-chicane_zpsnuhp5e53

#14 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 8,379 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:05

You forgot, who will Sato kamikaze into this time? :p

I know each one of them is modelled after somewhere or other.

Yes. Turn 1 is 14 degrees, modelled after Trenton. Turn 2, 9 degrees, Indianapolis. Turn 3, 6 degrees, Milwaukee.

#15 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,859 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:10

Damn, it was hard to get into beers in the olden days.  No Double Vented Wide Mouth technology back then.

Yep, for those of you who don't remember life before ring pulls, one of these high-tech devices used to be an even more essential accessory than an ice scraper in the glovebox of every car. Opens cans one end, bottles the other!

stock-photo-beer-can-opener-463183.jpg

#16 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 4,701 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:08

10/10 would re-read OP.

I obviously missed the forum meme boat on that Karen girl, but do you guys really get so worked up over her? She's a redhead, ugh.

#17 Peat

Peat

• 8,851 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:19

I always wondered what the pointy end was for. 

IndyCar - Always learning. (and subsequently disregarding)

#18 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 8,379 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:22

I obviously missed the forum meme boat on that Karen girl, but do you guys really get so worked up over her? She's a redhead, ugh.

I think it was triggered by jp's mingling with the ladies at some random bar and taking a picture with them, while watching an Indycar race. Could be wrong on that.

#19 Option1

Option1

• 14,892 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:57

Karen, upon hearing that Dan333SP is a blatant gingerist, and ignorant of her role as Goddess of Indycar.

2Zr6A.jpg

Neil

Edited by Option1, 18 August 2015 - 11:00.

Advertisement

#20 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,316 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:05

10/10 would re-read OP.

I think it was triggered by jp's mingling with the ladies at some random bar and taking a picture with them, while watching an Indycar race. Could be wrong on that.

It actually all started with a tenuous link to Simon Pagenaud's Oculus sponsorship a couple of years ago.

#21 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,205 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:19

10/10 would re-read OP.

*ahem* What you meant to say was, 'She's a redhead, yay!' :p

Joking aside, PaYR is correct. The 'meme' went full force at the end of last year in the Fontana thread after a comment about Pink Floyd (it's Indycar, just do a Winwood and Roll With It). If you don't understand why she's stuck around (besides the obvious reasons), just read her Twitter or watch her on Dr. Who; she and Indycar are a pretty good match, in terms of zaniness. :lol:

Before I die my goal is to get her to do a PR spot with Mario in the two-seater for ShopHonda. It'll probably be my only noteworthy achievement. You can put it on my tombstone.

Edited by Afterburner, 18 August 2015 - 11:21.

#22 king_crud

king_crud

• 8,062 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:11

10/10 would re-read OP.

Boooo, red heads are lovely. I have been watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt lately, and I think Ellie Kemper is also lovely

17179269-mmmain.jpg

#23 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,346 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:32

The July 3, 1971 Schaefer 500 started the win tally for Team Penske in Indy Cars with Mark Donohue at the controls of the fabulous McLaren M16 Offenhauser:

https://www.youtube....h?v=_4Dypk6bj_c

edit: hard to believe August 19th marked the 40th year since Mark's death in Austria.

Edited by B Squared, 20 August 2015 - 12:24.

#24 Afterburner

Afterburner
  • RC Forum Host

• 9,205 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 13:13

The July 3, 1971 Schaefer 500 started the win tally for Team Penske in Indy Cars with Mark Donohue at the controls of the fabulous McLaren M16 Offenhauser:

Just read an article about Donohue in the latest issue of Racer, actually. Really enjoyed it. :up:

#25 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,950 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 13:33

Thanks guys for the comments - glad you enjoyed reading it. Special thanks to Proto402 in particular. It seems the demand to write these posts is higher than demand for tickets at most IndyCar races... :p

Karen, upon hearing that Dan333SP is a blatant gingerist, and ignorant of her role as Goddess of Indycar.

You could say that he suffers from gingervitis.

#26 Dan333SP

Dan333SP

• 4,701 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 13:39

Boooo, red heads are lovely. I have been watching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt lately, and I think Ellie Kemper is also lovely

The day I find a redhead attractive is the day DRACONE becomes a team owner and offers Jean Alesi a drive. Fortunately, that still leaves the other 98% of the female populace of this planet in shades that I find acceptable.

#27 BlinkyMcSquinty

BlinkyMcSquinty

• 862 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 14:31

The day I find a redhead attractive is the day DRACONE becomes a team owner and offers Jean Alesi a drive. Fortunately, that still leaves the other 98% of the female populace of this planet in shades that I find acceptable.

Bad experience in your youth?

598932_10151260394822559_188489249_n.jpg

08-17-JPM-500Mile-Infographic-530Bottom.

#28 HeadFirst

HeadFirst

• 6,121 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 14:43

Not really a fan of Pocono, but if you are at the track don't miss the impromptu drag races Saturday Night, or a visit to the Bog for a good ol' car burning session (assuming these activities are still permitted).

#29 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 46,316 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 17:19

So only one person saw my modification to the track map? Maybe I was too subtle?

original.gif

#30 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,950 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 17:34

So only one person saw my modification to the track map? Maybe I was too subtle?

I've only just spotted it. Clearly my powers of observation aren't too great.  ;)

#31 Spillage

Spillage

• 10,300 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 18:11

The Rahals are of Lebanese descent, according to Wikipedia. Proper multicultural, Indycar.

#32 Radoye

Radoye

• 3,368 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 18:22

I've only just spotted it. Clearly my powers of observation aren't too great.  ;)

Oh, i see, good one! :up:

#33 Option1

Option1

• 14,892 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 18:34

Track map?  The only triangle I want to see belongs to Ms G...

But, yeh, I see what you did with it.  I just thought it was right for the roval course, or maybe I'm seeing the wrong thing. :stoned:

Neil

#34 king_crud

king_crud

• 8,062 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 18:49

Great work 

#35 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,745 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 18:55

The Rahals are of Lebanese descent, according to Wikipedia. Proper multicultural, Indycar.

IIRC Graham Rahal drove a few races for Team Lebanon in A1GP.

(Edit: Haha, just read the OP and found this information presented and IMGUR-ed. I'm the poor man's Prost1997T.)

Edited by Risil, 18 August 2015 - 20:21.

#36 prommer

prommer

• 4,957 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 19:56

original.gif

You can't see it while you're staring at it.  Just... don't... blink...

#37 Volcano70

Volcano70

• 871 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 20:19

Bam! my post 5 is updated with the full story!

#38 PiperPa42

PiperPa42

• 6,041 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 20:26

Yep, for those of you who don't remember life before ring pulls, one of these high-tech devices used to be an even more essential accessory than an ice scraper in the glovebox of every car. Opens cans one end, bottles the other!

stock-photo-beer-can-opener-463183.jpg

You can open beer with that :stoned:

I've only ever used to open quart cans of turbine engine oil. Nice to know they have a useful purpose.

#39 paulb

paulb

• 11,224 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 22:55

^ So the hacking was a cover story, eh?

Advertisement

#40 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,217 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 23:12

1280px-Keisho_Ohno_20100219_Japan_Expo_S

gun__1392409693_ohno.jpg

Jp

Edited by jonpollak, 18 August 2015 - 23:19.

#41 whitewaterMkII

whitewaterMkII

• 7,073 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:53

What a great vid...

#42 paulb

paulb

• 11,224 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:09

Glorious video!

Love the sounds, cars, drivers, sights, blah, blah, blah.  Almost makes me want a Schaefer...

I also could not help but watch the 1968 Rex Mays 300 at Riverside. My how times have changed, but there is too much win alone in that video.

Edited by paulb, 19 August 2015 - 06:37.

#43 nosecone

nosecone

• 1,938 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:27

Why not Sato?

#44 Kalmake

Kalmake

• 4,492 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 18:38

I have no idea.

XiE0IVt.gif

#45 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 22:45

Itkoff_couples_dancing_03.gif

#46 FerrariV12

FerrariV12

• 934 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 23:25

Doing a bit of retro gaming tonight and I've just remembered why I first noticed JPM in 1995 and have followed his (non-NASCAR) career ever since. He shared a last name with the first mechanic you get assigned in the Sega Mega Drive game Super Hang-On. Is that weird?

Edited by FerrariV12, 19 August 2015 - 23:26.

#47 Radoye

Radoye

• 3,368 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:34

Montoya is a fairly usual name in the Spanish speaking world, not exactly a "Smith" but not far off.

I actually know a Colombian guy named Juan Montoya, with no middle name, no relation to JPM...

Edited by Radoye, 20 August 2015 - 02:08.

#48 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,165 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:48

Awesome OP JHSingo :clap:

For some hellish reason a lot of my mates and matettes having nothing better to do on a Sunday evening and everyone's all: 'hey Oli, whatcha doin on Sunday? I know you have races but aren't they done by 10PM, let's go for a beer/whiskey/cocktail/in the park/a spooky walk in the woods/at a festival for the weekend/on a date/for some tea over at my place (sorry grrrrl)' and I'm like 'you don't understand, Indycar is on.'

Everyone knows what F1, MotoGP, WRC, Nascar even GT, touring car and endurance racing is but Europeans have no clue what Indycar even goddamn means. So if I'd say any other racing category they'd be like ah, ok. But when I say Indycar, they all go :confused:

And they all think that I love Nascar the most. It perplexes me.

:lol:  at Pay's track edit.

Edited by OvDrone, 20 August 2015 - 10:50.

#49 Knowlesy

Knowlesy

• 4,056 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:49

As a Montoya fan I am deeply nervous and apprehensive.

Double points at Sonoma ffs.

Need to nail Pocono.

#50 paulb

paulb

• 11,224 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:59

Awesome OP JHSingo :clap:

For some hellish reason a lot of my mates and matettes having nothing better to do on a Sunday evening and everyone's all: 'hey Oli, whatcha doin on Sunday? I know you have races but aren't they done by 10PM, let's go for a beer/whiskey/cocktail/in the park/a spooky walk in the woods/at a festival for the weekend/on a date/for some tea over at my place (sorry grrrrl)' and I'm like 'you don't understand, Indycar is on.'

Everyone knows what F1, MotoGP, WRC, Nascar even GT, touring car and endurance racing is but Europeans have no clue what Indycar even goddamn means. So if I'd say any other racing category they'd be like ah, ok. But when I say Indycar, they all go :confused:

And they all think that I love Nascar the most. It perplexes me.

:lol:  at Pay's track edit.

Yup, its a beaut!