Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Three car teams now, not when

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Why not three car teams next season? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Implement three car teams now, and not wait for a team to fail?

1. Good idea (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

2. Bad idea (15 votes [78.95%])

Percentage of vote: 78.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 kraduk

kraduk

• 696 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 13:56

Just watching the rerun of the start of the gp, I noticed the field was rather short. That got me thinking when not do 3 car teams now, well next season, and have 33 cars on the grid. More cars means more action surely, and thats what people want isnt it? Why wait for team X to drop out? Just do it now. Let all drivers score points but only the top two of a team. Extend the points system down to position 15 or 20 maybe as well. Oh and I dont mean customer teams, have them work like they are now

Advertisement

#2 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 13:57

No thanks. 

Mercedes 1-2-3 would be too much to bare.

Edited by Atreiu, 23 August 2015 - 13:57.

#3 kraduk

kraduk

• 696 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 13:58

please expand

#4 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,948 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 14:04

No thanks. 

Mercedes 1-2-3 would be too much to bare.

Exactly this. The only real excitement today was the question mark over who would finish third...I don't want three Mercs on the grid, thank you very much.

I'd much rather F1 sort out the ridiculous financial situation, get costs down, and make it more affordable so that new teams can keep coming in and make a good go of it. Teams going bust is of course nothing new, but the lack of new teams entering F1 definitely is.

#5 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 14:13

please expand

Stronger teams would suffocate the weaker teams in a matter of months and then there'd be massive exits.

Imagine Sauber spending 20% more with a 3rd car but never scoring points because Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull and Williams have taken the top ten for themselves. How long do you think Sauber would survive?

#6 Jejking

Jejking

• 3,111 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 14:59

please expand

What, the podium? That's the only thing stopping Mercedes from completely claiming all the trophies at the moment.