Photo

Adware/Virus?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:11

Im trying to access the forum through my android mobile. Since Friday my google browser is getting stuck at "ad-type.google.com/rot.aspx?partner=910345&f=popup-u". Kindly let me know whats going on, what I need to do. I have deleted the history of the browser, "Clear data" and "Clear Cache" done on app info of google browser but problem persists.

Advertisement

#2 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,857 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 13:03

There seem to be a few people around with similar virus problems, which are mainly associated with Chrome. There's a thread at Google Chrome Forums in which someone suggests they picked it up via a public wifi:

https://productforum...gle.com/forum/#!forum/chrome Search for a thread called Google rot???

That thread also hints at the behaviour reported here at TechGuy:

https://forums.techg...h-wifi.1154157/

So, on the face of it, the problem is actually at your end and may need pretty urgent attention. Especially if it's got into your home network.

#3 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:38

Funny that it only seems to affect this website. I browse all other sites without any problem. I just cannot load this site.

#4 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,857 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:33

Could be caused by an advert which is being served to your home market: Autosport has only nominal control over those, as advertising is handled by different agencies depending on where you are.

I'm not clear when you say 'Google browser' though. Do you mean Chrome or the Android native browser? Whichever, an ad blocker might be the solution.

#5 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 23:20

If I try to sign in before the main page advertising banners render, an adware type bot tries to take me to some advert. 

Trick seems to be to wait until page has fully rendered.

Using MS Windoze 7 home premium IE

#6 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 6,513 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:55

The native browser for Kitkat is google browser right? Thats what Im using. I think its one of the advert that I may have accidentally clicked. ): 

#7 Grayson

Grayson
  • Autosport digital product manager

• 3,497 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:19

Just a quick note on this.

Our development team have done a full check of the site to ensure that these warnings aren't coming from any element of the site. The only remaining place they can be coming from is the ads which we're running and I've asked our advertising team to look into this.

We've got strict rules on all of our advertising, so we should be as clean as is realistically possible with regards to any ads which are served on the site. Hopefully any messages around our ads were a false alarm, but we'll make sure to exclude any advertisers who are running anything dangerous on our site if they're not.