Photo

Jaguar XK120s racing in USA

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 John Starkey

John Starkey

• 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 16:46

I have been searching, for some time and without success, for the chassis numbers of XK120s that raced in the early to mid 1950s in the USA.  I confess to an interest as I have an XK120SE that lived in Janesville, Wisconsin in the 1960s and I'm trying to trace it's history.

Just this morning, I found a programme from 1956 for Road America and, in the SCCA C Production class, there were no fewer than sixteen XK120s entered!  Someone, somewhere, may have more information?

Advertisement

#2 Docc

Docc

• 615 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:57

I have a "S" serial 1953 XK120SE that raced west coast for years. Very difficult to get race history. I have owned it since 1973. It was stripped out..one seat roll bar..wind screen. Raced until mid 60s or so, I bought it from the nephew of the original owner. An unpleasant pissant who hated the car and wanted a "real" car.

I helped him get his "real car"..I think it was a Mustang II :)

Are you on http://www.xkdata.com/

I see from your website you have extensive research history. I also would like to find out more about mine. I am originally from Chicago and owned several 120s in that area. I searched sites that had race results from many west coast races..but can't get serial numbers.

Edited by Docc, 05 September 2015 - 07:08.