Photo

Giorgio Piola good or bad move?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sebas9031

Sebas9031

• 21 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 00:34

I was reading over the internet and found that Giorgio Piola has joined the content website Motorsport.com in order to what he states in the article "grow his brand". 

I think that Giorgio Piola is a genius when it comes to technical drawing and with his vas experience covering formula 1 he is definitely going to be a star at motorsport.com.

I just wanted to ask for some comments and thoughts on this move by Giorgio Piola, 

here is the article for reference:

Motorsport.com Acquires Giorgio Piola?s F1 Technical Archive - General News

Advertisement

#2 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 2,629 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:02

Simply the best.

I used to stare at his cut-away drawings for hours.

I'll fav that site. Thx

#3 chunder27

chunder27

• 5,775 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 04:12

They are luring a few people away from their jobs, must have decent money behind them to do this.

Shame the site is not really asngood asmit was then really!

#4 Nemo1965

Nemo1965

• 7,843 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:14

They are luring a few people away from their jobs, must have decent money behind them to do this.

Well, I did not know the site but this kind of articles I would like to read more often:

Inside story: How Nasr helped coach Kvyat and Sainz towards F1 stardom

#5 ed24f1

ed24f1

• 1,201 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:51

The more competition we get between major sites the better. It will drive both them, Autosport and others to get better.

#6 Sebas9031

Sebas9031

• 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 22:53

I know but what do you think this new addition would bring to that site?

#7 Sebas9031

Sebas9031

• 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 22:54

The more competition we get between major sites the better. It will drive both them, Autosport and others to get better.

I totally agree. As these new sites start upping their game all of the others had to step up to keep up. I would like to see what Autosport is going to bring to the table in the near future.

#8 Sebas9031

Sebas9031

• 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 22:55

Well, I did not know the site but this kind of articles I would like to read more often:

Inside story: How Nasr helped coach Kvyat and Sainz towards F1 stardom

I was not too familiar with that site either but I found some interesting things. I am just curious on where they are headed as I saw they are growing fast...

#9 Kristian

Kristian

• 4,365 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 14:29

I totally agree. As these new sites start upping their game all of the others had to step up to keep up. I would like to see what Autosport is going to bring to the table in the near future.

Autosport seems to have got worse though in the last year - it used to be right on the ball of posting breaking news, now it seems to be a day behind most other sites. The features also seem to be getting fewer, and half of those that do appear on the site tend to have already been in the magazine or F1 racing (as I said in other threads, I'm definitely cancelling my magazine subscription once the F1 season is over and still mulling whether to keep the online one going right now - at the moment I'm 75% decided I won't as I just don't feel I'm getting the value I used to). 

#10 Gilles12

Gilles12

• 863 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 16:22

I've been buying or been a subscriber to AS since '88. This current phase has been the least appealing since then. Letting Roebuck and then Hughes go was a major mistake. I'm seriously considering switching to Motorsport