- - - - -

Ecclestone interview: Red Bull, Engines, EU, FOM, F1 selling and Le Mans

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,257 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:01

Some key statements from an very interesting interview of Ecclestone with AMuS yesterday (I would pay attention to how short his answers were when you are looking into the article...)

The RB topic...

"I'm not worried that they could leave, because I dont know that. I will be worried if it is actually happening. It would be bad for F1 and the sport if Red Bull should leave"

The engine topic...

"The hybrid formula has failed before it started. I'm not frustrated that this happened, it is not clever to be happy about something you've predicted right"

"I cant do anything to help Red Bull, I'm not making engines. The manufacorers are given the other teams engines, like Mercedes gave Manors engines now. I think that Mercedes was afraid that Red Bull could beat them. Red Bull will always have this problem."

"It doesnt disturbed me that the engine manufactorers are in the power, they are following simply the rules. 10 years ago it was different. I cant force the people. The only thing we are allowed to do is to limit the costumer teams for every manufactorer on 3 teams. If we are saying that the engine shouldnt cost more than 10 m than the EU will declare it as an cartel"

The EU complain...

"Why should I be afraid from the Sauber/FI complain? I'm not running a cartel. The people who are doing things which they are not allowed to do should be worried, we will see what the EU will decide. I dont think that the EU will force us regarding the money distributing to break contracts"

The FOM coverage...

"People are complaining that they dont see many overtakes. We broadcasted them now. We saw many overtakes in Japan, sadly just in the midfield. If you are study the air time numbers than you will figure out that everyone got the same air time. I think we should continue in this way. It is not good if we are showing the leader beeing far ahead. We had the same issue back than, when Schumacher won all the time"

The F1 selling...

"I just said that three people are interested to buy F1, they are currently a bit in talks with the owners. If they want to sell their stakes than they will sell them. The problem is that MacKenzie claims that he doesnt want to sell his stake"

"I think that people would consider to buy F1. Everyone who follows the sport knows that we will also survive the current situation and that F1 will stil exist in a billion years time"

"We will see if I stay. It doesnt mean that I will leave. All three interested buyer asked me to stay"

About Le Mans clash....

"I cant see any problem. We are not doing 24 hours races."

https://translate.go...t-text=&act=url