Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

E-ntertaining d-E-but in b-E-ijng! (2015/2016 Formula E Opener)

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

Poll: E-ntertaining d-E-but in b-E-ijing (2015/2016 Formula E Opener) (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Formula E is back! What are you looking forward to in Beijing?

1. Villeneuve's COMEBACK (29 votes [21.64%])

Percentage of vote: 21.64%

2. Robin Frijns's raw talent showing (17 votes [12.69%])

Percentage of vote: 12.69%

3. Quick Nick getting knocked out of the race in a brutal way (15 votes [11.19%])

Percentage of vote: 11.19%

4. Montagny's cocaine dealer appearence (10 votes [7.46%])

Percentage of vote: 7.46%

5. Close racing even with powertrain developments (19 votes [14.18%])

Percentage of vote: 14.18%

6. Usual drama (12 votes [8.96%])

Percentage of vote: 8.96%

7. Piquet mataining his champion's form (7 votes [5.22%])

Percentage of vote: 5.22%

8. Senna vs Prost! YAY (7 votes [5.22%])

Percentage of vote: 5.22%

9. Pole Position Shootout!!!! (6 votes [4.48%])

Percentage of vote: 4.48%

10. SMOG (12 votes [8.96%])

Percentage of vote: 8.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 22:49

Facebook_BEIJING_Thunder.png

"There were no drivers, there were no cars. We had to start from scratch"

This adv-E-nture started from a blank paper. There was an idea, a good idea and a capable manager, Alejandro Agag. Two years after there was a race in Beijing, the first ever all-electric single seater championship, and a final crash that sent ballistic the website and the YouTube channels all around the world. 

Pepole were talking about it, and it was the first success.
From zero to a million. Formula E was born.

THUNDER IN BEIJING

Well, now the ridicolous yet kitsch yet colourful yet... opening image is explained. Beijing's Thunder opened the doors to a first season of success for this brand new serie.

The Official Website started working properly only after some races but, from that moment, a huge Social platform started to develop. From Twitter to Facebook, to Youtube to Periscope: like a thunder, Formula E spreaded all along the web, engaging new & young shares of audience.
The opposite of F1. 

From the little yet Chin-E-se crowd of Beijing to the outstanding sell-out of Battersea Park, where the Season Finale took place after 11 races of drama. 
In the end, Nelson Piquet Jr. managed to convert a difficult first half of the season to an unexpected success, climbing up the points table thanks to masterclass energy management skills and smooth racecraft. 

TIME TO DEVELOP 

Season 2: it's manufacturer's time. 
Renault, Citroen, Audi ABT, Mahindra, Venturi, NexTev, Motomatica & Dragon Racing, those are the 8 big names. 

The first season was all about creating a solid platform. It's now time to start build something useful upon it. No more a spec championship, Powertrain development is now open, and differences are already noticable in the pre-season Donington testing. 
Some teams briging two electric motors, some only one, some 4 way gearbox, some not even planning a single gear change. 

Along with the Powertrain development, an higher race-mode power map will be allowed. No more 150 kW, this year the cars will compete with 170 kW, 35 HP more than last year. 
Cars will look a lot more spectacular, nervous, not far from the 200 kW qualy mode. 

OLD FRIENDS, NEW FACES 

Driver's field is getting more and more competitive. Spectacular talent Robin Frijns joins Amlin Andretti to pair with Simona De Silvestro, the strongest woman driver around by a country mile (sorry Carmen, still loving u).
Jean Eric Vergne moves from Andretti to DS Virgin in a super-strong team with Sam Bird; McLaren tester Oliver Turvey joins the champion Nelson Piquet Jr in NexTev, after a strong showing in Battersea. 

Fireworks in the air, Jacques Villeneuve

Another huge name joins the sport, for Jacques it will be the first full-time season since F1 times. 

We cannot underestimate Team Aguri's line-up; a young one with the confirmed Antonio Felix Da Costa and Nathanael Berthon looking for some glory moments. 

And we salute an old friend, no more Trulli E-Trains as Jarno will take a manager role in his team.   :( 

trullitrain.jpg

So those are the guys (and lady), who will compete in Season 2. 

2_2.png
1_1.png

THE VENUE

CRY2QSbUYAAg178.jpg

Around the Olympic Park there's a track. A strange 3.4 km one, the longest in the calendar. 

A Mikey-Mouse one, yet a little bit less Mikey-Mousy this year thanks to the removal of a useless chicane before Turn 3.  (most of the tracks will be revised in parts and made faster this year) 

Imagine that Piquet's lap without that chicane than! It's the first turn he approaches in this video

SUPER POLE SHOOTOUT!!! YAY 

di-grassis.jpg?w=458&h=258

"Formula E has refined its qualifying format ahead of the start of its second season which begins in Beijing on the 24-25 October. 

The new format introduces a 'Super Pole' shootout which sees a five-car, 15-minute session added to the existing four group qualifying sessions used in the inaugural Formula E championship. 

As was the case in the first season, drivers will be allocated into four groups of five by a lottery but each session has been shortened to six minutes to give the drivers the opportunity of one flying lap at 200kW. 

From those times the overall five fastest drivers from the four sessions combined will advance into the pole position shootout. 

Each driver will go out one-by-one in the order of the fifth to first fastest times from the first stage of qualifying. In a format similar to what is used in the FIA World Touring Car Championship, when the first driver crosses the line to start their flying lap the pitlane goes green for the second driver to head out on track and so on"

THE FANBOOST  (nope, it's not removed yet!!) 

Here you can vote your favourite driver
http://fanboost.fiaf...om/#votingframe

WHEN AND HOW TO WATCH IT  [SATURDAY 24th OCTOBER MORNING) 

UK TIMES

1.15 AM  - Free Practice 1  [45 minutes]   LIVE STREAMING: http://www.fiaformulae.com/live

3.30 AM - Free Practice 2 [30 minutes]  LIVE STREAMING: http://www.fiaformulae.com/live

5.00 AM - Qualy Groups    LIVE STREAMING: http://www.fiaformulae.com/live

5.45 AM Super Pole (top five drivers after 4 groups)    LIVE STREAMING: http://www.fiaformulae.com/live

9.00 AM - Race Start  [26 Laps]   LIVE ON TELEVISIONS    

On ITV4: 8.00-10.30  A.M (Practice & qualy highlights & Live Race) 

On Eurosport you can see everything if you are  Germany, Poland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland, as well as Iceland. 

dpp_0268.jpg

Edited by thegamer23, 17 October 2015 - 15:33.

Advertisement

#2 Spillage

Spillage

• 10,306 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 22:56

Looking forward to it; a welcome relief to my motorsport withdrawal symptoms during the winter months. Feels like the last season only just ended!

Edited by Spillage, 16 October 2015 - 22:56.

#3 balmybaldwin

balmybaldwin

• 2,086 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 23:23

Yes def looking forward to it. Its not like other race series and i like it (could do with a little less motor whine tho)

I think they need to widen quite a few of the tracks, and if possible move the barriers back a bit to allow better viewing and overtaking chances. 

I went to London this year and it was an pretty poor experience in terms of view. had to be in a specific grand stand-fine but the view was awful you could only see half the track it was so narrow and the barriers so close, no view of other parts of the track (on the inside) or of a tv screen.

I also think the cars need to be allowed to get up a bit more speed with less silly chicanes so its good to here the one in beijing is gone

#4 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,447 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 23:28

Jacques is obviously the big story. I know in all probability he will underwhelm but I'll still be disappointed.

#5 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,115 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 23:30

Awesome!  Let's bring it.

Also loving the "winter season" format... I think it's really refreshing to have a new season start around this time, and carry on over the cold months when we are starved for other forms of racing.  I hope it stays this way!

Can't wait! :clap:

#6 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:23

Bonus pic, Dams Renault presentation

CRce1GaWcAAsc1D.png

Edited by thegamer23, 17 October 2015 - 09:35.

#7 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,288 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:03

Am I right that Villeneuve didnt won a race since his F1 WDC in 1997 (except of one victory in the Le Mans series, but thats anyway something different)?

#8 anbeck

anbeck

• 2,677 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:08

Yeah, I'm super pumped! This will help me to get over Indycar's autumn-winter break. 

I'm hoping for a season-long JEV-di Grassi-Piquet-Heidfeld-Buemi battle, although Heidfeld probably doesn't belong into that list, given his rotten luck paired with a few anonymous weekends that he usually throws in for good measure. I'd like to see Villeneuve do well, but that's probably not very likely.

The only fear I have is that one team found the golden formula under the new open powertrain regulations and we'll see a pecking order emerge that will be far less equal than last season.

#9 Diablobb81

Diablobb81

• 8,750 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:16

Nice op but the title gave me the runs.

#10 anbeck

anbeck

• 2,677 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:21

Am I right that Villeneuve didnt won a race since his F1 WDC in 1997 (except of one victory in the Le Mans series, but thats anyway something different)?

He was robbed of the Nationwide race in Montreal in 2012 with unnecessary yellows!!!

#11 apoka

apoka

• 5,878 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:32

Jacques is obviously the big story. I know in all probability he will underwhelm but I'll still be disappointed.

Don't expect much from him either, but if it serves to attract more viewers ...

Go Nick (and don't crash)!  :clap:

#12 wj_gibson

wj_gibson

• 3,921 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:42

I'm intrigued to see how Robin Frijns gets on. He did, after all, beat Jules Bianchi to a FR3.5 title. F1 forgot about him far too soon.

#13 NoSanityClause

NoSanityClause

• 1,390 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:49

I used to think that the fan boost was the worst racing gimmick in history (including ERS, DRS and whatnot). Now I actually like it. So my only complaint is with the awful music. Other than that, welcome back, F-E! I missed you.

#14 Fatgadget

Fatgadget

• 6,966 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 13:13

I used to think that the fan boost was the worst racing gimmick in history (including ERS, DRS and whatnot). Now I actually like it. So my only complaint is with the awful music. Other than that, welcome back, F-E! I missed you.

Has this fan boost marlakey affected the outcome of a race yet?

#15 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 13:22

Fanboost situation so far

Immagine.png

Edited by thegamer23, 17 October 2015 - 13:24.

#16 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 15:31

Luckily the official Beijing program has been released so we have a timetable

http://viewer.zmags....3a7#/096423a7/8

CRhZSoNWEAADOBy.png

So, UK timetable of the race-day!

Saturday 24th of October

1.15 AM  - Free Practice 1  [45 minutes]   LIVE STREAMING: http://www.fiaformulae.com/live

3.30 AM - Free Practice 2 [30 minutes]  LIVE STREAMING: http://www.fiaformulae.com/live

5.00 AM - Qualy Groups    LIVE STREAMING: http://www.fiaformulae.com/live

5.45 AM - Super Pole (top five drivers after 4 groups)    LIVE STREAMING: http://www.fiaformulae.com/live

9.00 AM - Race Start  [26 Laps]   LIVE ON TELEVISIONS    

Updated OP

#17 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 16:21

Note that 26 laps is one lap longer than last year - good to see that the race distance will increase with the track ever so slightly shorter.

#18 paulb

paulb

• 11,257 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 16:40

E-points for the OP title!

I'm interested to see how the old man does as well as how handicapped Andretti cars might be with an older powertrain.

*Shock-on Formula E!

*get it?  :p 

#19 Sheepmachine

Sheepmachine

• 3,399 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 16:55

E-xcellent OP!
Looking forward to the season opener! Last season was superb and I hope this year is of the same quality. :D
I hope Andretti and Trulli are able to compete this season but I'm most interested in how Villenueve does.

Advertisement

#20 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,999 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 16:59

Another huge name joins the sport, for Jacques it will be the first full-time season since F1 times.

That was what they said about his RX time as well... :p

Edited by Myrvold, 17 October 2015 - 17:00.

#21 Donkey

Donkey

• 947 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 18:14

Think this series could give F1 a run for its money in a few years assuming if it doesn't go bust and develops gradually/doesn't become corrupt. Definitely attracting a lot of 'hungry' drivers with a point to prove (although not quite sure why JV is there, to make Heidfeld feel young again?)

It's already better than F1 in terms of its online streaming and social media presence (no Bernie, the internet is not just a 'fad'...)

How many years before the cars are as fast as current F1 cars? 10? 20?

#22 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 18:53

Think this series could give F1 a run for its money in a few years assuming if it doesn't go bust and develops gradually/doesn't become corrupt. Definitely attracting a lot of 'hungry' drivers with a point to prove (although not quite sure why JV is there, to make Heidfeld feel young again?)

It's already better than F1 in terms of its online streaming and social media presence (no Bernie, the internet is not just a 'fad'...)

How many years before the cars are as fast as current F1 cars? 10? 20?

That's the main focus. 
The road-map for the next seasons is to open up gradually the technology.

Next year battery development (wich is crucial) will be unlocked, mantaining the current Spec-chassis for two more season before opening up the aerodynamic competition also.
By that time (Season 5), i think the racing will be MUCH faster but, first of all, efficient, without needing of swapping cars mid-race wich is one of the main goals for those first kick-off seasons.

Talking about developments, next year energy flow from battery will be increased 28 to 32 kWh, quali mode power to 250 kW (330 HP) and i guess 200 kW race mode. 

It will be a huge step already: today's quali mode is 200 kW -> 260 HP 
250 kW -> 335 HP

Edited by thegamer23, 17 October 2015 - 18:56.

#23 Richard T

Richard T

• 2,108 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 19:35

Yaaaaay FE is back! It's excitement over the new powertrains and fear over that the mighty fine racing will be lost over it for me.

I really think what happened to Nick at Beijing last year was in hindsight probably one of the best things ever to happen for this series, it created a real buzz!

#24 PiperPa42

PiperPa42

• 6,041 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:47

Next year battery development (wich is crucial) will be unlocked, mantaining the current Spec-chassis for two more season before opening up the aerodynamic competition also.

I thought Agag and the teams had agreed to develop the next season battery in unison, or did that not come to fruition?

The last month has felt so long, glad we are almost there. I'll definitively go to a race this season again.

#25 D.M.N.

D.M.N.
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,491 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:49

Just some of the back-hand calculations:

Qualifying - 2014

1 - Nicolas Prost - 1:42.200
2 - Lucas di Grassi - 1:42.306

3 - Daniel Abt - 1:42.454

4 - Karun Chandhok - 1:42.461

5 - Franck Montagny Andretti - 1:42.530

Minus 2/3 seconds for the change in track layout and another second or two for development year-on-year. Could we see someone break into the 1:35 region or is that too unrealistic? I think, realistically qualifying will be 1:37 region but will be interesting to compare.

#26 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:18

The fastest lap of the 2014 weekend belongs to Bruno Senna, in FP2

1'41''3 

The removal of the chicane should lower the times by around 3 seconds judging from the onboard videos!

Than we can count on a 1.5 seconds improvement  from new powertrain & new brakes. 

So yep, a low 1'36'' could be achieved maybe!   :D 
But the first proper comparison will be Putrajaya, where the circuit layout remained the same for this year apparently. 

Edited by thegamer23, 18 October 2015 - 11:20.

#27 Volcano70

Volcano70

• 871 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 22:31

Montagny  :rotfl:

Anyway, I'll do my best to vote for FanBoost.

Voted Bird today

Let's hope the races are E-lectrifying with battles and drama!

#28 BullHead

BullHead

• 7,934 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:46

Despite fanboost still being there, I am looking forward to it.
So, some teams with two motors.... I'm not totally getting that...

#29 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 15:51

http://www.e-racing....-in-season-two/

All the races to be longer in S2. 

Beijing will have one lap more and less chicanes, so less opportunity to re-gen in braking and more importance in the race strategy!   :up: 

It's going to be the first ever race with 170 kW race mode, so i think that a few will struggle a lot. 

It's going to be fascinating to see wich team has the right balance between performance and efficency, and i wonder how Andretti will behave with their (updated) S1 package. 

Meanwhile, cars arrived in Beijing!

CRr0Cd4WsAA7xR9.jpg

Bonus pic: 

CRsJmXgWsAAegA7.jpg

Edited by thegamer23, 19 October 2015 - 15:53.

#30 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,716 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 15:57

VILLENEUVE!? Okay, I just have to tune in and see how my cranky countryman does.   :rotfl:

#31 ShivyF1

ShivyF1

• 141 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 21:41

Right guys! So I'm flying tomorrow.  Unfortunately due to the internet restrictions in China, everyone is going to have to wait until Beijing shots are published, do keep checking the Current E website, we may be able to update it while out there, otherwise, I hope you all enjoy the race, I'll try and get onto the forums while out there.

#32 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 21:54

Have a good week there Shivy!  :clap:  :clap: 

Take some cool pics of Bruno, i need a new  Mahindra desktop wallpaper!  :lol:

#33 MaxScelerate

MaxScelerate

• 4,935 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 23:40

Excellent opening post, I'm getting excited for this season! :up: :up:

Oh, and have a great image hunting trip, Shivy ! :D

#34 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:13

Venturi-Jacques-Villeneuve-Formula-E-Tes

Venturi driver Jacques Villeneuve is aiming to prove that he has what it takes to fight against the strong driver line-up in Formula E, as the 44-year old prepares for his first full season back in racing.

The 1997 Formula One World Champion is excited about his return to racing that starts this week in Beijing and the Canadian driver hopes he can steadily improve his performance throughout the season.

I want to win and see and upward progression in myself from Beijing to London. One of the main ways that I need to keep on top of this is by driving quickly and saving energy at the same time, which is a challenging thing to master.

It will be the first time for a while that I will be competing in a full championship series with testing and all the other elements that make up a full season drive. I have been driving some cars here and there over the last few years, but this will be my first full season in a while,” said Villeneuve.

The former Formula One driver also applauded the sport for having such a high calibre of drivers within each team. The ex-Peugeot Le Mans driver believes it will be extra special to him if he can win against them.

It is great to be driving against drivers that are of such a high calibre and have raced across many different types of motorsport. Some of the drivers have experience in Formula One. I would like to think I have a little bit more experience than them in it( he laughs), but it is great to have so much talent in the field and it will make winning that much cooler.”

Venturi came away from the first season of Formula E without a win, but they found themselves in situations where they should have won races, but costly errors stopped the team from picking up any victories.

However, going into the second season of the Formula E Championship, Villeneuve is confident that the team has learnt from their mistakes so they can capitalise on the mistakes of others.

Venturi have restructured the team a lot to avoid the errors that occurred in the previous season. For such a young team they know they could have challenged the big boys like E.Dams and Audi Sport ABT, but mistakes cost them victories. So this season we want to limit the number of mistakes and fight for victories this time.”

Villeneuve will line up on the grid in Beijing for his first full championship season since competing in the World Endurance Championship with Peugeot in 2008.

And BIG Facebook involvement in the Formula E campaign

http://www.fiaformul...n-facebook.aspx

Edited by thegamer23, 20 October 2015 - 12:12.

#35 Lotusseven

Lotusseven

• 2,196 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 15:26

No, I´m not looking forward to this one. I bet I can´t watch it online because many websites is blocked in China.  :|

The irony when Formula E will collaborate with Facebook and they are blocked at their first race on social media.

#36 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 14:00

CR2FySXUsAAjtoT.jpg

useful!   :up:

image.png

That's the official timetable (local time). On friday there willl be both shakedowns & a brand new collective test session of 30 minutes, to get into the mood before the official sessions of saturday.

CRwD_QqU8AAvfKH.jpg

CR09PcDXIAALkX2.jpg

CR09PcBXAAAh8CS.jpg

Edited by thegamer23, 21 October 2015 - 14:01.

#37 Volcano70

Volcano70

• 871 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 21:50

Soon enough!

#38 balmybaldwin

balmybaldwin

• 2,086 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 00:18

Have we got to wait months between races again this year?

#39 turssi

turssi

• 3,368 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:10

Beijing ePrix 24 October 2015
Putrajaya ePrix 7 November 2015
Punta del Este ePrix 19 December 2015
Buenos Aires ePrix 6 February 2016
TBA 12 March 2016
Long Beach ePrix 2 April 2016
Paris ePrix 23 April 2016
Berlin ePrix 21 May 2016
Moscow ePrix 4 June 2016
London ePrix Race 1 2 July 2016
London ePrix Race 2 3 July 2016

Edited by turssi, 22 October 2015 - 01:11.

Advertisement

#40 Nustang70

Nustang70

• 2,439 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:45

I'm quite interested to see how the differing powertrain configurations compete. This has kindled an excitement for me that has been absent in F1 for several years. I have high hopes for this series to be what F1 should: cutting edge, relevant technology-driven racing. 

#41 turssi

turssi

• 3,368 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:21

Toyota could come in with a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. I would love that.

#42 Nustang70

Nustang70

• 2,439 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:36

Toyota could come in with a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. I would love that.

I'd be interested to see it for the point of innovation, but in terms of mass vehicle technology, I haven't seen anything from hydrogen that makes a better case than electric. 

#43 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:16

Leonardo Di Caprio to chair Formula E Sustainability Committee
http://www.fiaformul...-committee.aspx

Evening press conference event in Beijing, a lot of fans & media already

image.png

image.png

Immagine.png

Piquet Jr China Helmet

CR52DN4UkAA9MYi.jpg

Safety Car

CR45IWDXAAAH6fr.jpg

Rainy day, but forecast improving for the weekend

CR4VzfxUYAARTBC.jpg

Tomorrow there will be the shakedown and a 30 minutes collective test session on the circuit!  :up:

Edited by thegamer23, 22 October 2015 - 08:38.

#44 Peat

Peat

• 8,863 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:43

Battersea only feels like it was a few weeks ago.

Oh well, i'm not complaining. BRING ON THE BANDITRY!

#45 043Max

043Max

• 390 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:12

I want Frijns to win all that E stuff. :clap:

#46 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:23

#47 TheUltimateWorrier

TheUltimateWorrier

• 980 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:58

Thunder in Beijing ?  :lol: Hopefully they'll get a bit better with the taglines as the year goes on but I like that idea.

Beijing: A Whole Load of Egg Frijns Rice

Long Beach: Speed 3 - Just Abt A Time!

Moscow: Attack of the Kremlins

kremlin.jpg

#48 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 13:50

Thunder in Beijing ?  :lol: Hopefully they'll get a bit better with the taglines as the year goes on but I like that idea.

Beijing: A Whole Load of Egg Frijns Rice

Long Beach: Speed 3 - Just Abt A Time!

Moscow: Attack of the Kremlins

kremlin.jpg

You won with those  :lol:  :lol: 

edit: Big news!

http://www.e-racing....ormula-e-entry/

http://brabham.co.uk/project-brabham

Brabham looking for a 2016/2017 Formula E entry

Piquet_-_Brabham-BMW_BT_54_1985-08-02.jp

Project Brabham could be fielding a team in the FIA Formula E championship as soon as next season, as revealed by team leader David Brabham.

According a report by Motorsport.com, one of the current teams in the all-electric championship could be up for sale at the end of the 2015/16 season, with Project Brabham already showing interest in participating.

“At the moment, I can say that Formula E is a series I am very interested in,” said Brabham to Motorsport.com.

“In the medium and long term, yes, we would like to be involved and the interest from our side is high, but in the short-term we need to get established first. We’ve definitely got an eye on it.”

Brabham has been in discussions with Lord Paul Drayson, owner of Drayson Racing, over fielding an entry into the series, but remains realistic over the logistics of putting together a new racing team.

“A lot would depend on what we have at our disposal,” continued Brabham. “There is no point doing anything unless we do it properly. The championship is still quite young and new.

“I am sure there are teams out there that are struggling but I applaud everyone involved in the championship for making commitments early. It is clearly something that has a very progressive outlook in the way it is marketed and organised.

“I know Paul quite well, and I talked to him closely a few years ago prior to the Formula E championship starting.

“We discussed something and had a potential investor, but ultimately it didn’t come together. Things happen quickly in racing, so who knows what opportunities might arise.”

Drayson Racing has already been briefly involved with Formula E, having been signed up for season one before their entry was taken over by Jarno Trulli’s namesake team.

Brabham’s nephew Matty has already participated in the series, having driven for Andretti Autosport in Putrajaya and Punta del Este, achieving a best result of 13th.

Edited by thegamer23, 22 October 2015 - 14:02.

#49 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,247 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:36

Jp

#50 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,108 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:37

Here we are guys, today was shakedown & collective test day, a lot happened already  :clap:

CR_V3pDXAAAgQy1.jpg

CR_bGD2WIAAIgkr.jpg

Friday's test session, seems that the Dams Renault were the only one to try a quali mode sim. Vergne is next, than Mahindra boys in good shape also.  :clap: 
Not much running for Villeneuve, zero from Trulli Team wich is in trouble. Some powertrain components have not arrived yet and the team could miss the first race. 

CR_RuCYUAAAuasG.png

http://www.fiaformul...ack-record.aspx

http://current-e.com...riday-practice/

Only 14 hours 'till FP1 session, the race day is approaching. 

Edited by thegamer23, 23 October 2015 - 09:49.