* * * * * 6 votes

Interlagos, what a mess

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#1 550spyder

550spyder

• 220 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 14:25

São Paulo Municipality made nothing to improve the Padock but spent US$ 50 milion to make the Padock a slum, a favela. Burned all this money to enlarge the Padock by 2 meters.
Interlagos is a natural anfitheater and those people insists to obstruct the vision with concrete monsters. Next year they plan to put a Market Ceiling to finish the mess.
The municipality company, SPTuris that manages Interlagos, closed the track in january and began those things only in april. People that work in national and regional racing became jobless. Paulista Championship did not happen in 2015 and SPTuris wants to close in 2016. This will finish the killing of he races in São Paulo State. 
It is important to you to know that we don't want the GP at this price. Every year Eclestone demands 21 weekends only to his F1. We believe this is only 2 weekends in other countries. They made a plot including Municipality, Rede Globo Television and FOM and they do whatever they want. FOM don't want WEC or Indy in Interlagos and they block iniciatives.

Every year is the same, track closes for 4/5 months and we are without track. Every year they spend US$ 10 million in temporary stands but this year was worse, they burned US$ 50 million to do this crap.
Fotos of the US$ 50 million FAVELA.

Interlagos1.jpg

Interlagos2.jpg

Advertisement

#2 xmoonrakerx

xmoonrakerx

• 765 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 14:42

It's bernie, what did you expect?

#3 goingthedistance

goingthedistance
  • RC Forum Host

• 4,471 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 15:08

Are these current photos?

#4 550spyder

550spyder

• 220 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 15:11

Are these current photos?

Yesterday :mad:

#5 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 4,794 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 15:25

It is important to you to know that we don't want the GP at this price. Every year Eclestone demands 21 weekends only to his F1. We believe this is only 2 weekends in other countries. They made a plot including Municipality, Rede Globo Television and FOM and they do whatever they want. FOM don't want WEC or Indy in Interlagos and they block iniciatives.

Not sure what this means, does Bernie lay a condition that the circuit can't hold any other events for half the year?

#6 550spyder

550spyder

• 220 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 15:31

Not sure what this means, does Bernie lay a condition that the circuit can't hold any other events for half the year?

You bet. The contract between Bernie and Municipality is secret, a black box. Also, Bernie has power and money to bribe authorities. We are in Brazil, one of the most corrupt countries in the world.
As you may know, the Labours Party is in the largest corruption investigation of our history, they broke Petrobras.
Interlagos has a external ring that could be used by Indy and Nascar and by ourselves. It is intact but in the 1991 Bernie convinced the Municipality to cut the track making de S do Senna bend and blocking the external ring access.

Edited by 550spyder, 11 November 2015 - 15:39.

#7 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 8,255 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 15:44

It is intact but in the 1991 Bernie convinced the Municipality to cut the track making de S do Senna bend and blocking the external ring access.

Why? What would be his motivation?

#8 550spyder

550spyder

• 220 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 15:51

Why? What would be his motivation?

It is clear, block Indy, Nascar at that time. We are talking about nineties situation. The external ring is intact until now and unused.

#9 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 15:55

Isn't it part of the agreement/contract what races they can and can't run, they don't have to do structural changes?

#10 YoungGun

YoungGun

• 29,556 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 15:58

That doesn't make sense. Montreal hosts both F1 and NASCAR races.

#11 550spyder

550spyder

• 220 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 15:59

Isn't it part of the agreement/contract what races they can and can't run, they don't have to do structural changes?

Who knows? You guys are thinking with european minds, we don't have transparency here, authorities and Bernie can do whatever they want, Bernie is God here. The contract is secret. All we know are the effects and the leaks of secret information.

#12 550spyder

550spyder

• 220 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 16:02

Makes, because GP do Brasil is owned by International Promotions and this company belongs to Bernie and Rede Globo TV. Indy and Nascar are broadcast by other TVs. They seized Interlagos and blocked Indy and Nascar since 1991. WEC can do races sometimes because it is european and have less risk.

#13 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,113 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 16:03

Great way to launder some money too, for sure.

#14 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,244 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 16:05

What are the São Paulo TV weather girls like?

Edited by jonpollak, 11 November 2015 - 16:07.

#15 Kucki

Kucki

• 1,472 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 16:09

Not that it would be impossible but the Interlagos outer ring, even if renovated, would be a very unusual sized track for NASCAR or IndyCar.

#16 550spyder

550spyder

• 220 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 16:20

Not that it would be impossible but the Interlagos outer ring, even if renovated, would be a very unusual sized track for NASCAR or IndyCar.

Not quite. They made two Indy races in Sao Paulo in the streets using a more than 4 kms track. It is an absurd do street races having a autodrome in the city. But this is not the issue, the important is the US$ 50 million to make a concrete monster slum.

#17 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 17,232 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 16:58

Is this the GP buildup?

Seems fair, as I don't think I've ever been less interested in F1. I wonder if it's only me.

#18 Fastcake

Fastcake

• 12,553 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 17:00

Who knows? You guys are thinking with european minds, we don't have transparency here, authorities and Bernie can do whatever they want, Bernie is God here. The contract is secret. All we know are the effects and the leaks of secret information.

That doesn't surprise me. We all heard Bernie's recent comments opposing democracy and supporting corruption to achieve his ends. I don't doubt for a minute that the contract was arranged under the table, and written solely to protect his interests in Brazil.

#19 Prost1997T

Prost1997T

• 8,379 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 17:01

Nascar hasn't been to Montreal since 2012.

Advertisement

#20 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,489 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 17:03

Is this the GP buildup?

No, it isn't. 

http://forums.autosp...rasil-build-up/

#21 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 17,433 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 17:03

Is this the GP buildup?

Seems fair, as I don't think I've ever been less interested in F1. I wonder if it's only me.

Rossi overload!

#22 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,288 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 17:05

Is this the GP buildup?

Nah, I was two hours faster. And a bit less angry.

#23 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,781 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 17:09

With all due respect, your government is a ****ing joke. 

#24 550spyder

550spyder

• 220 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 17:09

Nah, I was two hours faster. And a bit less angry.

Less angry  because maybe you are not paying for this mess. It is easy to be calm when off other shoes.

#25 550spyder

550spyder

• 220 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 17:26

Is this the GP buildup?

No it's not about the GP. It's about things that are not in the press and not related with the race itself. You guys would never know the misery behind the GP of Brazil. Thousand people without jobs because of Bernie wish.

#26 YoungGun

YoungGun

• 29,556 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 18:04

Nascar hasn't been to Montreal since 2012.

Promoter went bankrupt if I recall correctly.

#27 saudoso

saudoso

• 6,776 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 18:11

No respect is due here.

#28 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce

• 6,885 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 18:11

Not that you could know but this made me laugh because you're responding to a South African. I'm pretty sure he knows what it's like.  :p

#29 August

August

• 3,277 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 18:41

Just under two miles so not so unusually sized. Though no oval has the elevation changes of Interlagos (from Juncao to Turn 1) plus even with the SAFER Barrier, the crash angle at Turn 1 would be very bad because it's so much tighter than a usual oval turn.

#30 CHIUNDA

CHIUNDA

• 1,868 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 19:05

Not that you could know but this made me laugh because you're responding to a South African. I'm pretty sure he knows what it's like. :p

Corruption was invented and mastered by the people who invented money. Everybody else is just a student. I am sure Europeans know what it's like too.

#31 Amphicar

Amphicar

• 2,826 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 21:17

Corruption was invented and mastered by the people who invented money. Everybody else is just a student. I am sure Europeans know what it's like too.

As FIFA, the IOC and the IAAF are all based in Europe, I think that's a pretty safe assumption!

#32 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,489 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 21:56

Corruption was invented and mastered by the people who invented money. 

Corruption was invented and mastered before that - the moment some people were more powerful than others.

#33 byrkus

byrkus

• 1,011 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 22:05

Not quite. They made two Indy races in Sao Paulo in the streets using a more than 4 kms track. It is an absurd do street races having a autodrome in the city. But this is not the issue, the important is the US$ 50 million to make a concrete monster slum.

Valencia is another such example... Sort of.

#34 jjcale

jjcale

• 16,192 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 22:30

Thank you OP for bringing this to our attention .... no amount of subscriptions to F1 related media would have brought this information/perspective to our attention.

#35 balmybaldwin

balmybaldwin

• 2,086 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 23:00

Its disgustimg, but sadly doesn't surprise me.

I wonder what hapens at the Korea gp circuit now?

#36 teejay

teejay

• 6,130 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 00:20

No it's not about the GP. It's about things that are not in the press and not related with the race itself. You guys would never know the misery behind the GP of Brazil. Thousand people without jobs because of Bernie wish.

Thousands of people to run a track?

#37 550spyder

550spyder

• 220 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:50

Thousands of people to run a track?

of course not, thousands people work in the cars, bikes and in series management and marketing.

racing here was well developed with at least 200 cars for weekend.

Fittipaldi, Piquet, Senna and others were made in brazilian racing. we don't have 8 F1 titles for nothing.

#38 hittheapex

hittheapex

• 1,193 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:10

What are the São Paulo TV weather girls like?

We need something to cheer us up after that OP....

Thanks 550, great insight and hopefully it gets picked up by such as Autosport and others.

#39 BillyWhizz

BillyWhizz

• 850 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:14

And in all truth, that seems to be a prerequisite for office.

São Paulo Municipality made nothing to improve the Padock but spent US$ 50 milion to make the Padock a slum, a favela. Burned all this money to enlarge the Padock by 2 meters.
Interlagos is a natural anfitheater and those people insists to obstruct the vision with concrete monsters. Next year they plan to put a Market Ceiling to finish the mess.
The municipality company, SPTuris that manages Interlagos, closed the track in january and began those things only in april. People that work in national and regional racing became jobless. Paulista Championship did not happen in 2015 and SPTuris wants to close in 2016. This will finish the killing of he races in São Paulo State. 

Every year is the same, track closes for 4/5 months and we are without track. Every year they spend US$ 10 million in temporary stands but this year was worse, they burned US$ 50 million to do this crap.
Fotos of the US$ 50 million FAVELA.

Interlagos1.jpg

Interlagos2.jpgHoly

Woohhh! How is Bernie gonna polish that one for the weekend?

Very powerful OP 550Spyder.

Advertisement

#40 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 8,681 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:25

Corruption index: 

http://www.transpare...pi2014/results/

And getting into bed with Bernie has a price. 

I don't think anyone is too suprised though, it's been known. 

#41 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 4,254 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:52

Those pics, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking at?

#42 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 10,824 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:00

OP makes some interesting points, though I do not fully follow his or her point.

Anyway, dealing with FOM = stupid.  Unless you are Monaco with your zero sanction fee, you shouldn't host an F1 race - it is a dumb, losing proposition. 

Edited by V8 Fireworks, 12 November 2015 - 08:00.

#43 saudoso

saudoso

• 6,776 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:35

He's pissed because the track was closed for half the year and he couldn't use it.

#44 hittheapex

hittheapex

• 1,193 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:39

Its disgustimg, but sadly doesn't surprise me.

I wonder what hapens at the Korea gp circuit now?

Beyond a few rounds of the Superrace touring car series they have, not a lot. Situated as it is on the southwest coast, right now the grandstands are just very expensive windbreakers.

#45 Kristian

Kristian

• 4,365 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:52

Have they taken away the grandstand on the final corner to add runoff? I remember that was the plan. Sad if so, as the roar of the fans as the cars come flying through close to that wall is one of the highlights of the season. 

#46 Peat

Peat

• 8,862 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:59

F1 is a parasite. It has to cripple it's host in order to live. 

Apparently. 

#47 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 15,144 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:11

550 Spyder, 

I've been to Interlagos a couple of times, I remember the first time around about 2002, Bernie was giving European circuits almighty grief for not being "up to spec" and threatening to withdraw them unless they spend hundreds of millions building swanky paddocks and concrete carparks - whilst Interlagos was apparently under no pressure, despite being an absolute dump by comparison. Some of these European circuits have lost their slot on the calendar, despite the investment, such as Magny Cours, Nurburgring and Istanbul. Part of the problem was the eye-wateringly high ticket prices required to break-even on some of this unnecessary expenditure. So I'd suggest the grass isn't always greener in terms of how much money has actually been "wasted", in Brazil's case it's not a lot and you still have a GP... And, at I might add, a charmingly "old-school" circuit. I certainly wouldn't be wishing for it to be upgraded to A-N-OTHER F1 circuit spec... 

The rant about Bernie preventing the Oval from being used for Indycar or Nascar. I'm sorry, but that is nonsense. That's like saying it's Bernie's fault that Monza doesn't use its oval! The investment to bring either back to useable condition would be astronomical, I'm not aware of any demand for it whatsoever and makes your gripe about $50m wasted on a pitlane look like chicken feed by comparison. 

#48 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 8,255 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:34

The rant about Bernie preventing the Oval from being used for Indycar or Nascar. I'm sorry, but that is nonsense.

Probably unlikely, but bloody epic if you think about it. The speed and the elevation changes :eek:

#49 Boing 2

Boing 2

• 4,794 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:05

Didn't bernie have a some kind of stake in Interlagos at one point? I remember during one of his anti-Silverstone rants pointing out that Interlagos had power failures, garage break-ins, muggings, signage that fell on drivers heads when on-track and one year I think, a river of sewage running accross the track for the drivers to go through but it never seemed to get any critisism from Bernie.

#50 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:50

Didn't bernie have a some kind of stake in Interlagos at one point? I remember during one of his anti-Silverstone rants pointing out that Interlagos had power failures, garage break-ins, muggings, signage that fell on drivers heads when on-track and one year I think, a river of sewage running accross the track for the drivers to go through but it never seemed to get any critisism from Bernie.

I think it's the Brazilian cash that was flowing in the early-00s. It's still flowing and keeping Nasr and Massa here, but back in the day Diniz and other guys were funding whole midfield teams.