Photo

Jean Pesato/Pierre Felix 1930s

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cabianca

cabianca

• 712 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:28

Jean Pesato and Pierre Felix were paired a few times in the 1930s in an Alfa 6C1750. The only database I've found that lists Pesato says he was Italian. It gives no home country for Felix. Certainly, both names sound French. If Pesato were Italian, I wonder if he was part of the large group of ex-pat Italians who lived in Paris at the time (Chinetti, Tony Lago, Joseph Figoni, Amedee Gordini, etc. Both raced primarily in France.

Advertisement

#2 Henk Vasmel

Henk Vasmel

• 776 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 18:27

Jean Pesato and Pierre Felix were paired a few times in the 1930s in an Alfa 6C1750. The only database I've found that lists Pesato says he was Italian. It gives no home country for Felix. Certainly, both names sound French. If Pesato were Italian, I wonder if he was part of the large group of ex-pat Italians who lived in Paris at the time (Chinetti, Tony Lago, Joseph Figoni, Amedee Gordini, etc. Both raced primarily in France.

I have just checked my own database and both are listed as French, but no further details. However, Some entries seem to have been done under the name Louis Pesato, and he is listed as Swiss. This is not a clear answer, but I hope it is a new lead.

#3 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 7,124 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 15:08

The Swiss Automobil Revue had Pesato as an Italian living in Paris, but sometimes also as a Frenchman. FĂ©lix, I'm sure was French.

#4 iicarJohn

iicarJohn

• 24 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:23

During 1931, Dr. Pierre Felix lived a short distance north of Paris. Far enough north that his Alfa Romeo 6C was not registered in Paris. Hence, the registration record survives and was revealed recently by some studies done by Nicolas Brondel. I'm sure that the owner of the car (now in Switzerland) will be very pleased!

John

#5 cabianca

cabianca

• 712 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 13:40

Hello, John,

Was Felix a medical doctor or did he just use Dr. like Europeans do when they have an advanced degree?

Many thanks,

Michael T. Lynch

#6 stewartjp

stewartjp

• 56 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:21

Hi, 

I am not sure if it is of interest but I thought I would share in case it is. 

I am researching straight Eight DeSoto's and Dodges racing before world war two and as part of that Jean Pesato has come up driving a DeSoto Straight Eight Roadster in two races in 1930. He raced at the Grand Prix de Picardie on the 18th of May 1930 in a 2 hour race which he came 9th. Two months later on the 6th of July  paired with Morel he raced the DeSoto in the Spa 24 Hour placing 15th.  

If anyone has photos of him racing at either of these events I would love a copy. 

Many Thanks

Stewart 

#7 VDP

VDP

• 666 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 15:32

I m afraid but at Spa they drove the small displacement engine vat 3l

There was another one entered in the big class by Belgian drivers  

#8 stewartjp

stewartjp

• 56 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 21:59

Thanks VDP, that is a very interesting observation, I have a copy of the records from the Spa Musuem and it does indeed show Pesato and Morel in the under 3000 class.

Do you have any records showing the size of their engine? I am now wondering if they were in fact racing a 6 cylinder DeSoto K model which had an engine size of 2867cc? And Hommel and Van Howe raced the 8 cylinder at 3395cc.

Any more info would be amazing! 

Many Thanks 

Stewart

#9 VDP

VDP

• 666 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 13:35

Jean Pesato drove a six cylinder in every race you mentionned

Robert

#10 stewartjp

stewartjp

• 56 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 20:13

Thank Robert! You don't happen to have any pictures you could share do you?

Stewart

#11 stewartjp

stewartjp

• 56 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 22:36

Hi Robert, 

I have acquired a copy of a photo of the Pesato/Felix Alfa Romeo at Spa in 1931.  If you would like a copy let me know and perhaps PM me your email address? 

Cheers 

Stewart