Photo

Isle of Man Classic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Riebe

Bob Riebe

• 3,003 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 19:40

I picked up a copy of Motorcycle Racing News the other day because it had a large section on the Isle of Man vintage races.

It was interesting to see how the gent who runs that affair has rather loose rules and that one fellow competes on a twenty year old two-stroke Yamaha 500 cc GP bike.

I remember when Hailwood's lap record on four-stroke 500cc Honda stood for so many years before Grant broke it witha 750cc two-stroke finally eight or nine years later.

Now in the more relaxed classic series, the lap record is up to over 126 mph , set by the old GP bike and going up every year., with big 1200cc four stroke Japanese production based engined bikes laping only three or so mile per hour slower and top speeds of over 170 mph on the fastest part of the track.

I am going to have to find a way to beg, borrow or steal enough money to get over to the Isle before I die.

Advertisement

#2 ERIC63

ERIC63

• 589 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 23:31

New_1_574_zpsc17gytvz.jpg

#3 PaulMar

PaulMar

• 38 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 00:19

Hi Bob

don't consider it, just steal the money. The rules & fairness thereof are difficult to follow but believe me the joy of seeing, hearing, smelling, the classics just knocks todays modified road bikes out of the ball park!!

#4 tonyed

tonyed

• 981 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:13

250s back in full force next year, eligibility up to 2004  :clap: