Photo

New Look Autosport Magazine

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: AUTOSPORT Magazine (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the new look Autosport magazine?

1. Yes (5 votes [26.32%])

Percentage of vote: 26.32%

2. No (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

3. I'll give it a few more weeks (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TheMonkeyDaft

TheMonkeyDaft

• 46 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 16:53

Anyone got this week's issue yet?

I heard it has a new look and they would focus more on WEC and Formula E as well as more special issues on the future of rally and 4 wheels.

I haven't got it yet so I am looking forward to seeing it although I wonder what readers think of the new look already.

PS: Not sure if this is the correct place to be creating this thread, would the mods move this to the correct place if this is posted in the wrong subfourm?

Advertisement

#2 JHSingo

JHSingo

• 8,950 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 17:03

Picked it up this afternoon, and so far I'm undecided.

The style of the articles etc makes it look more professional and upmarket, and I'm glad that there's a longer section for readers' letters too.

The F1 race report and other stuff is now right at the front, before even the news/columns. It also looks like some of the race reports are a little more condensed (the GP2 report for instance is half a page rather than double page spread, but I guess that could be done to the fact the second race was cancelled), but I'll give it a few more weeks before deciding whether I like it or not.

Hopefully there will be a greater emphasis on other forms of motorsport other than just F1 in this 'new look' magazine.

#3 Rob29

Rob29

• 3,582 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:34

Anyone got this week's issue yet?

I heard it has a new look and they would focus more on WEC and Formula E as well as more special issues on the future of rally and 4 wheels.

I haven't got it yet so I am looking forward to seeing it although I wonder what readers think of the new look already.

PS: Not sure if this is the correct place to be creating this thread, would the mods move this to the correct place if this is posted in the wrong subfourm?

ditto here-normally arrives in Thursday post :cry:

#4 yasushi888

yasushi888

• 225 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 13:50

Seems like less news stories especially outside of F1, a bit plain throughout. Like the archive photo feature at the back though.

Having looked through a second time, it just looks really bare, a bit like one of those fashion/art magazines trying to be minimilist cool, but usually too cool for school and only last a couple of issues before folding :well:

Edited by yasushi888, 04 December 2015 - 18:23.

#5 Rob29

Rob29

• 3,582 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 15:23

Finally arrived 1pm today-will give it a few more weeks I guess-not much happening at present to report

#6 Kristian

Kristian

• 4,365 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 22:05

Isn't it a bit odd to do a redesign just as the motorsport season is ending? Surely you'd want to do it at the beginning to show the potential of the new reporting structures, formats, etc. rather than at the time of year when its all filler. 

#7 chained

chained

• 97 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:56

design doesnt matter its the content, and as f1 is now a cure for insomnia i spend less time reading about the sport , yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#8 F1matt

F1matt

• 3,272 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:31

I will give it a few more weeks before I decide if I cancel my subscription, in my opinion the magazine has took a nose dive in the last couple of years. If the magazine truly wants to appeal to a wider range of Motorsport why is the GP report on page 1? Pit & Paddock has been increased so why not keep it at the front?
I think Autosport could reduce the F1 report, tv coverage has increased massively in the last few years, the tv companies have better more knowledgable contacts and are willing to upset drivers and team principals in a way printed media can't do, Motorsport magazines coverage is more in depth but nowhere near as long and drawn out as Autosports report, and the retro photo at the back is just a copy of Motorsport magazines parting shot. At the moment the only reason I am still subscrbng is down to loyalty as I have been a reader since 1986.

#9 messy

messy

• 7,491 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:13

I dunno why they've changed it so much over the last year or so personally. It was fine. The first misstep was to print the race results all together in a roundup instead of at the end of the individual race reports - that was a real mistake for me. I like how they've added the 'at a glance' top three results now, but it's still not ideal. It looks quite good now, but Autosport always used to be about content over style (take note F1 Racing) and especially for a weekly mag that's what I valued. 

#10 P123

P123

• 23,937 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:25

I agree re. the race results. It's disappointing that they have kept them all lumped together rather than having them along with each relevant race report. I though the 'new look' would have been a good chance to right that wrong.

#11 Rob29

Rob29

• 3,582 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 15:31

2nd revised edition just arrived-128 pages,just one page devoted to race reports :cry: Granted there are not many taking place at this time of year ,but I thought Sydney deserved more space-would love to to see more of AUS F4