Photo

Ayrton Senna Brabus Estate, late '80s

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mistron

Mistron

• 936 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 20:59

A pal of mine owns a 1987 Mercedes 3.6 300TE, re worked by Brabus, which was shipped to the Guyana Republic on 23/02/88, and then back to London and registered on 30/11/89 as E540 NUC, then subsequently had a private plate put on (A9 GTO) 

It sports the full Brabus body kits and is (and I understand has always been) all black, including grille etc

When he bought it several years ago there was a suggestion (not supported with any documentary evidence) that the car had been owned / used by Senna early in it's life. SHe has made some enquiries, and it appears that there was a car of this (or similar) spec registered to Senna's address in Brazil, but no further details have been confirmed. 

I wonder, does anyone recall seeing pictures of such a car in any articles or interviews, or better still, paddock shots, or remember any mention of it?

Any ideas gratefully received

Al

Advertisement

#2 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,704 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 22:28

If you were trying to sell a car, wouldn't you suggest it had an interesting history that enhanced its sale price?

#3 Mistron

Mistron

• 936 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 23:41

Yes, indeed. but I think that was the issue - the guy he bought it from told him it was his understanding that there was a connection, but had no provenance of it. And, in fairness, my pal did not pay any more for it because of it, but he is of course curious.

Al

#4 whosthedaddy

whosthedaddy

• 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 22:28

can i just say ,,, the car you friend has may be senna,s car? if im correct its fitted with high speck racing pedel,s ,,red brabus badge,s everywhere including the tin hub caps, The car should be black and the reg was a private senna number plate back when i drove it,,,,  did your friend buy it about 8 yr ago?