Photo

1989 Eurolantic Challenge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RaceFanAdam

RaceFanAdam

• 44 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 18:40

Could any help with the race results of the 1989 Eurolantic challenge, 24-27th March, Brands Hatch, Donington

I have the entry lists and overall results just missing results from races 3-9.

Race 1: 1.Terry Rymer, 2.Roger Burnett, 3.Mark Phillips

Race 2: 1.Terry Rymer, 2.Trevor Nation, 3.Andreas Hoffman

Races 3-9: ??

Sadly this is the only year Motocourse didn't print them.

I have the entire results from every other year 71-88,91 and 96 so would be great to finish it off. Cheers

Edited by RaceFanAdam, 09 January 2016 - 10:57.

Advertisement

#2 bobness

bobness

• 257 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 21:06

Hi Adam

Thanks to my nerdy 21 year old self, I have results down to 28th for races 4/5/6 and a pretty decent set for races 7/8/9, but with some lower places missing. For example, I noted that Tim Bourne was 22nd in race 9, but I have no note of who was 13/15/16/20/21 (among others).

I also have all race winning times and fastest laps, and (some) additions & deletions from the (adopts Fred Clarke voice) "printed programme".

What's astonished me was the prize money on offer.

£6000 for a race win, falling by not much for places? By my reckoning Roger Burnett took home £33,750 for his weekend's work at the Eurolantic, plus whatever he made from the WSB!

I suspect MCN would've printed full results, if they have back issues at your local library?

Drop me a line via PM and I'll get you scans of what I have.

Cheers

Bob

#3 RaceFanAdam

RaceFanAdam

• 44 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:16

Hi Guys

Could anyone still help with this?

The above response was helpful but did not contain all the info i needed.

I've managed to log the riders and results from every transatlantic/eurolantic challege with the exception of 1989.

Would love it if someone could help with a full set of results (or atleast the podium finishers in each race plus the final standings).

I imagine MCN or other motorcycle racing magazines must have covered it.